Pacific Rim (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Pacific Rim 3D Steelbook (exklusiv bei Amazon.de) [3D Blu-ray]
Release Date: November 22nd, 2013
Price: EUR39.99
Buy Link: Pacific Rim 3D - Pre-order Active Now!
Notes: Includes artcards, matte finish, 3-discs edition, inside artwork

pacific_rim_de.jpg

Other artwork:
81ppTwy4XAL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I made the same mistake and ordered the German edition just because I thought it didn't have a "3D" on the cover. So disappointing :( Now I have both the UK and German editions, both with "3D", both with very similar coverart (it is not *completely* identical - the colors on the German edition are slightly more muted, and the German image is slightly more "zoomed in" than the UK edition, but these are very subtle differences).

My question is this: I would like to return the German edition to Amazon with my stated reason being "Does not match the description on the website". Will shipping costs back to Germany from the U.S. be prohibitive? Is it a better idea to just try to sell on ebay or in the forums?

Please advise :dunno:

I contacted Amazon.de and after I explained the situation they offered me a replacement. When I explained that this would not solve the problem since the item image on the website is wrong, they gave me a full refund. However, it is clear to me that they still do not understand the problem judging by this excerpt from their final email:

"I have now initiated a refund for the article "Pacific Rim 3D Steelbook (exklusiv bei Amazon.de) (3D Blu-ray)".
I have cancelled the replacement order.
We suppose that there was a packing mistake in stock when the shipment to your order was prepared.
With the replacement order we intended to send you the correct article.
I hope that your future orders will be more satisfying."

I hate to do this sort of thing since it is really the fault of Warner Brothers and not Amazon, and it is an expensive concession on Amazon's part. However, they need to learn that this kind of thing is not appropriate when people are buying relatively expensive items that they otherwise would not buy. While this is a financial victory for me, sadly, this whole interaction does not affect sales numbers and there is no disincentive for Warner Brothers on changing their covers at the last minute. I suspect all that will happen is eventually Amazon will get stingy and stop offering refunds. Caveat Emptor :/

Last edited:
Reactions: IRON MAN
I contacted Amazon.de and after I explained the situation they offered me a replacement. When I explained that this would not solve the problem since the item image on the website is wrong, they gave me a full refund. However, it is clear to me that they still do not understand the problem judging by this excerpt from their final email:

"I have now initiated a refund for the article "Pacific Rim 3D Steelbook (exklusiv bei Amazon.de) (3D Blu-ray)".
I have cancelled the replacement order.
We suppose that there was a packing mistake in stock when the shipment to your order was prepared.
With the replacement order we intended to send you the correct article.
I hope that your future orders will be more satisfying."

I hate to do this sort of thing since it is really the fault of Warner Brothers and not Amazon, and it is an expensive concession on Amazon's part. However, they need to learn that this kind of thing is not appropriate when people are buying relatively expensive items that they otherwise would not buy. While this is a financial victory for me, sadly, this whole interaction does not affect sales numbers and there is no disincentive for Warner Brothers on changing their covers at the last minute. I suspect all that will happen is eventually Amazon will get stingy and stop offering refunds. Caveat Emptor :/

How did you contact them? Through the 'returns' page?

DE - Pacific Rim 3D

Matte finish with metallic effect on the rain.

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

kUIuXoe.jpg

OICPNck.jpg

9VjAPHt.jpg

DwTL8lT.jpg

v4snyDm.jpg

HTL3Zov.jpg

evgMOCS.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

OYdBiKb.jpg

QuAEjBU.jpg

mwaIocI.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

S0PuSUx.jpg

ZhqmPSP.jpg

CB6YE1I.jpg

i sold my UK version for 25€ recently, so i'm also tempted to get this steel again.
on the other hand, saving for the blufans version may be the better idea...