Pacific Rim (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #8) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: February 15, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - The Entertainment Store (eBay)
Price: £29.99

IMG_9378.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a bunch of phrases that are overused in the show. It's actually pretty funny.
I watched for the white sneakers.

the fighting, CGI, Jaegers and Kaiju yes. The rest is an embarrassment for GDT
/ban @Flloydo
it's a switch your brain off movie after a stressful day
all i want to see are cool fighting scenes between mechas and monsters. when i want a brain-f#ck story, then i watch complex anime movie
come on, you dont watch such movies because of the story

/ban @Flloydo
all i want to see are cool fighting scenes between mechas and monsters. when i want a brain-f#ck story, then i watch complex anime movie
i agree with you - and @Flloydo! :confused: as the Honest Trailer for this film said, "this is either the dumbest cool movie ever made, or the coolest dumb movie ever made.' :LOL: i think that's fair. :thumbs:

but nope, don't own it in any format, and will be passing on this, also.

/ban @Flloydo

Oh I’m the same mate. I love switch off the brain numbing over the top action. My point is there just isn’t enough action in this film and the rest of the movie is just cringe. The acting is awful. I still want some substance with my brain switch off films. I genuinely can’t watch it because of the awful accents and over the top acting from the scientist. Plus hunnam kills me. The film really didn’t know what it wanted to be.

nah, the movie wants to be a good mecha vs monster action movie and it is!!!

i see the problem. you talked to often with dan... he infected you with his bad movie taste. there's no cure, sry :(

Oooohhh he does have bad taste. As long as the film has an explosion or the rock or both he’s on board lol

but I can’t stress this enough, the action, the CGI, the monsters and robots etc are perfect. They look epic. The fight scenes are incredible. There’s just not enough of it and Hunnam completely ruins it for me. And those bad Australian accents and the cheesy scientist

Last edited:
nah, the movie wants to be a good mecha vs monster action movie and it is!!!

i see the problem. you talked to often with dan... he infected you with his bad movie taste. there's no cure, sry :(
I totally agree, this movie in unashamedly 1 dimensional, it is about huge mechs punching huge monsters in the face. That is all it needs to be, I love this movie, I own 4 versions of it already, and will be pre ordering this as soon as it drops on amazon.

F**k! don’t get me started on SoA! I made it to series 5 too. Don’t know how I got that far. Probably because of the other characters. But I still hear him saying “Gemma” and “we need to speak to the Mayans” in that terrible accent
Lol I somehow managed to watch the entire show... got so far that I felt it would've been a total waste of time if I didn't see it through. Only characters I didn't absolutely hate were Tig and Chibs, and Walton Goggins performance was class as well tbf. Just know that it gets much worse the longer it goes on. And that finale... it was laughable and literally the worst ending to a show I've ever witnessed!

Reactions: Flloydo
great film. Old school high adventure like Mountains of the Moon.
I quite enjoyed Hunnam b*tch slapping Spider-man.:LOL:
View attachment 492081

I can’t stop laughing at this. It looks so slapstick as a gif

The Lost City of Z. It's quite good actually.

I was only joking about the bad taste by the way ;)

Lol I somehow managed to watch the entire show... got so far that I felt it would've been a total waste of time if I didn't see it through. Only characters I didn't absolutely hate were Tig and Chibs, and Walton Goggins performance was class as well tbf. Just know that it gets much worse the longer it goes on. And that finale... it was laughable and literally the worst ending to a show I've ever witnessed!

yeah I loved tig too. And that guy who wrote and directed wind river and hell and high water was decent too. I think it’s the final season I didn’t watch because I just knew what was going to happen. Then a mate confirmed it and I just laughed. It had potential but was just laughable

Inception and interstellar please!

inception yes. Interstellar no lol