Pacific Rim (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #8) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: February 15, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - The Entertainment Store (eBay)
Price: £29.99

IMG_9378.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre order from Zavvi for now but will order from Amazon UK once it's available to order for address outside UK

There is a big increase of product listings in past few weeks on Amazon UK not available to order if delivery address is based outside UK

I could use my An Post Address Pal for UK retailers (Amazon/HMV/WB Shop) not taking orders if address based outside UK but that's home delivery only from January 1st and that involves an extra €6.50 per parcel and will also have added Vat charge and An Post €10.00 handing fee
So that's not an option unless it's a must have release and only available from a UK retailer

Looks very interesting and definitely not your regular run of the mill finish reminding me of stained glass or a piece of cloisonné only without the lovely colours . . . seems to me that something similar would work well on a Spider-Man steelbook.

Well well well, apparently the release date has been delayed of 1 month, new date is March 8, which means that batman would release on april 5/april 12

Could you confirm? Someone has been recieving mails from amazon

The design is a bit boring... But i'm curious about the silky touch. Does it really fit the genre of this film?:shipped: Weird choice!
Selling point of this steelbook is not so much for its "silky touch" (not uncommon) more for its raised blueprint/grid touch (very uncommon) ...

1611400498559.png
1611400560457.png

... adding PACIFIC RIM to BLADE RUNNER as the only two steelbook releases from Titans of Cult that qualify as cult designs . . . all of the other ToC steelbook designs could've been released by WB, Sony or any of the others but not BR or PR.

On top of that, after about 1,740 steelbooks and futurepaks released in the UK since the first one in May 2008 this will be the first with a silkscreen finish.

We can't agree on what a cult movie is or isn't, will we agree on what a cult design is? :giggle: :giggle:
They really are Titans of Cult (design).

Reactions: virkia
Selling point of this steelbook is not so much for its "silky touch" (not uncommon) more for its raised blueprint/grid touch (very uncommon) ...

View attachment 496393View attachment 496394

On top of that, after about 1,740 steelbooks and futurepaks released in the UK since the first one in May 2008 this will be the first with a silkscreen finish.
And that is the sole reason I'm considering buying it. The finish seems to be the first of it's kind and I'm very intrigued. Design is so so, but compliments a finish like that perfectly. Hopefully the interior art is a good action shot from the film though.

I'm really in two minds about this. I love the film and it deserves a great steel, but this design just looks so uninspiring to me. It might well look better in hand and maybe the silk screen effect is what makes it, but for now it's a big meh.

I'm really in two minds about this.
1612522775140.png

Joking aside I welcome this unusual and unexpected design ...
1612524623023.png

... as it's so different to what's already been released
Blufans .......................................................................................................................................................... UK/Germany etc. ...........................................................................................
1612523424218.png
1612523464237.png

Canada/Germany/France etc. ..................................................................................................................................... Japan ..............................................................................................................
1612523524272.png
1612523904998.png

... and variety is what makes steelbooks (and everything else) interesting.

Yeah I totally get that, and variety is great. I'm looking forward to seeing what it actually looks like, rather than these promo photos. As I said above, I'm not sure they're doing it justice.