Parasite (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: February 28, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €34.99 (FNAC) - €32.68 (Amazon)

91klbcgmFaL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to purchase this one now! Sorry for people whose 1st print copy just devalued for 50%.
Reprinting of anything so quickly is a sh*ty move and generally is an unacceptable thing for any limited edition collector’s item or an art print. I think a way smarter thing for them to do would have been just to say that those are the leftovers. But they are honest, so good for them.
Whatever it’s just their reputation at stake.
I wonder if there will be any mention of the second print on the item itself, so 1st print copy could at least hold its value partially.

there will be nothing on the box to make the difference between 1st and 2nd press.
now i don't think the first press value dropped as bad as 50% because it think it will go OOP as well, in total only 2500# but indeed, not a smart move from them, will probably have an impact on their next releases.

Reactions: PadreKarras
If we think only about "scalping" (not my case), the second pressing means only "more scalpers".
Or... first buyers are "scalpers" and second buyers are true and pure collectors?

Now in ebay 160€ (plus shipping) for this edition... well... maybe a 3rd pressing soon?

Reactions: Jocelin
May see if I can cancel my fnac order for the Joker's box tonight - the Joker's website says beware subtitles will be in French, anyone know if this will also apply to the 4k as that disc will be region free?

May see if I can cancel my fnac order for the Joker's box tonight - the Joker's website says beware subtitles will be in French, anyone know if this will also apply to the 4k as that disc will be region free?

There will only be French subtitles with both Bluray and 4K disc, but that has nothing to do with the Region Code - which will still be free for the 4K disc as with all of them. Maybe you can read through this entire thread here, because some subtitle experts on here have suggested alternatives....

Cancelled my order

Keeping my order of the UK steelbook instead as that has English Subtitles

With France release having no English subtitles the discs inside would be of no use to me

I love Korean cinema, and i am surprisingly one of the few who does not like this movie that much. The 2nd part of the movie is unexpected but going too far. Good but not great.

I don`t know why the steelbook is hyped so much - I think the design is quite good but it has that brushed design everybody hated on the Spiderman:Homecoming steelbook and it still doesn`t look good at all - no matter what steelbook it is. But the debossing is made well and looks good.

I don`t know why the steelbook is hyped so much - I think the design is quite good but it has that brushed design everybody hated on the Spiderman:Homecoming steelbook and it still doesn`t look good at all - no matter what steelbook it is. But the debossing is made well and looks good.

The brushed metal on spiderman with the sky just looks like brushed metal. Literally.

They have used parts of the design and different effects on this to highlight certain areas. Brushed metal, spot gloss, debossing all working together. Plus those brushed metal parts on this have actual colour behind it. Much much better than the spiderman steel

that brushed metal look is on all or most of your zavvi steelbooks, take a look

best buy steelbooks definitely aren't like that

I don't think it's a big deal

this parasite steelbook looks amazing

Reactions: willbar84
Man if there were english subtitles I'd order in a heartbeat, shame that french editions mostly include only french subs

that brushed metal look is on all or most of your zavvi steelbooks, take a look

best buy steelbooks definitely aren't like that

I don't think it's a big deal

this parasite steelbook looks amazing
When will they use this brushed metal design in a way where it looks good and that is simply: rain and grass. So now revolution- they used it for a steel, where the part with grass got this texture, but it is no real picture or photo - no a comic picture that isn`t supported from the brushed effect. Sorry but I don`t get it and I guess I will not think about it in the future. It just looks average - only the debossing is good.