Parasite (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

famagosta

Premium Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Milan, Italy
Release date: February 3, 2021
Purchase links: Nova Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip- Kimchi Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip - Plain Archive Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip (Pre-order on December 10 at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: Full Slip A $50.99 (Nova) - $53.99 (Kimchi - PA) - Full Slip B $53.99 (Nova) - $55.99 (Kimchi - PA) - Quarter Slip $45.99 (Nova) - $48.99 (Kimchi - PA)
Notes: WEA - Full Slip A includes a 60-page essay book - Full Slip B includes a 120-page photobook

2B0C36D4-C4AD-4697-9D27-42718C8D7FD2.jpegE2EDC24E-DFE0-43AE-9B4E-0223985441E5.jpeg39DFF2C3-0691-4088-A9BB-BEF200C83718.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Flloydo

I don't know.. actually, maybe I messed up, due to the edition prices being cheaper on Nova, that one could have turned out cheaper after all. May I ask how much you paid for your edition (nova price of whichever edition you got) without shipping?

Reactions: Flloydo
without shipping? Slip A was $47.99 for me without shipping. and the shipping was cheaper than usual. Total was $60 for me with my member discount.

How comes you get wholesale discount? Or do you just mean standard member discount. I know they have different percentages depending on the customer. Mines 6% I think. Not sure
Yes, without shipping. I get a 10% discount, but only 8% is automatic. The other 2% is credit for future orders. I actually had an additional discount of $5.30 with my Nova Points.

• Informative
@Flloydo

I don't know.. actually, maybe I messed up, due to the edition prices being cheaper on Nova, that one could have turned out cheaper after all. May I ask how much you paid for your edition (nova price of whichever edition you got) without shipping?

Slip A was up for $50.99 ($3 cheaper than kimchi and plain) but with member discount was $47.99. That’s without shipping

Yes, without shipping. I get a 10% discount, but only 8% is automatic. The other 2% is credit for future orders. I actually had an additional discount of $5.30 with my Nova Points.

Oh interesting. How comes you get wholesale percentage off then if you don’t mind me asking? I guess you own a business then? Or possibly just a better customer than me haha

oh yeah I also got $2 off in points for my next order. forgot about that. Not available for 3 days though. But I won’t be buying anything from them in the next 3 days anyway

Reactions: MM3
Ordered all 3 editions from Plain Archive, $46 for EMS shipping (K-Packet not offered due to weight apparently). Super expensive and will be my last steelbook purchase of 2020 :naughty:

Oh interesting. How comes you get wholesale percentage off then if you don’t mind me asking? I guess you own a business then? Or possibly just a better customer than me haha

oh yeah I also got $2 off in points for my next order. forgot about that. Not available for 3 days though. But I won’t be buying anything from them in the next 3 days anyway
I buy all of my Korean editions from them with the exception of exclusives from other retailers like KimchiDVD, Plain Archive, etc. I do have the tendency to buy an extra copy of most titles.

Reactions: berns and Flloydo
I buy all of my Korean editions from them with the exception of exclusives from other retailers like KimchiDVD, Plain Archive, etc. I do have the tendency to buy an extra copy of most titles.

Ah that’s fair enough. I used to buy a lot from them, mainly steels though. The old nova choice releases and most steel exclusives. And 3 or 4 scanavo case editions. I was surprised with the initial tier percentage of discount they placed me on a few years back especially considering I’ve not bought from them in a year but I’m not complaining haha

Reactions: MM3
So guys. I did the math (I had time lol :rofl: :shipped:).

As it looks like, I messed up. I guess I'm too tired for these things so early in the morning. :rolleyes:

According to nova's site the weight of all 3 Editions (Slip A, Slip B, 1/4 Slip) is 1420 grams, while all 3 of them cost 142,07 USD with nova + membership discount and without shipping. + Shipping (46,31 USD), all in all that turns out at 188,38 USD.

My order at kimchidvd cost me 194.52 USD shipping included, with shipping being at 35.55 USD. So I can could have saved a whoopin' 6.14 USD. :sorry::yawn::arghh:

Well, unfortunately I can't change that anymore. I shouldn't be too upset about it, but times are hard. Next time I will hopefully know better, that Nova is usually the way to go.

saw this artwork for the DVD which is really cool. very PA-esque. i like the detail on the top of the slipbox and the disc arts are so much more beautiful.
IMG_2306.JPG

Reactions: Last Lizard
i did message NovaMedia and they'd mentioned acquired only 10~20 copies for each edition... i guess PA has the most copies, since all editions still in stock there which makes sense...
Makes sense why it sold out between being in my cart and the checkout :offtopic:
I hope Plain are actually able to ship it to me, last I heard Korean post weren't accepting economy orders to Australia.

Still many copies left at plain archive store
Type A 138 copies
Type B 220 copies
Quarter Slip 7 copies
Digipack 189 copies
Wonder what's the total quantity like for each. They went so fast. Sold out even at the local retailers.