Parasite (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

famagosta

Premium Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Milan, Italy
Release date: February 3, 2021
Purchase links: Nova Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip- Kimchi Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip - Plain Archive Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip (Pre-order on December 10 at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: Full Slip A $50.99 (Nova) - $53.99 (Kimchi - PA) - Full Slip B $53.99 (Nova) - $55.99 (Kimchi - PA) - Quarter Slip $45.99 (Nova) - $48.99 (Kimchi - PA)
Notes: WEA - Full Slip A includes a 60-page essay book - Full Slip B includes a 120-page photobook

2B0C36D4-C4AD-4697-9D27-42718C8D7FD2.jpegE2EDC24E-DFE0-43AE-9B4E-0223985441E5.jpeg39DFF2C3-0691-4088-A9BB-BEF200C83718.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Strangerbyday

Also the best one imo. I know the french steelbook has been praised around collector's, but I feel this one more. Also it comes with goodies and amazing Slip Artwork.

I’ve got the front & back slip artwork from Type A as prints that I ordered direct from Neon, I feel like this will complete my Parasite collection nicely.

Ordered Type B earlier today from Plain, first ever order with them. Was leaning towards Type A at first but really didn't fancy an essay book (sounds so boring :p) and since I liked both slips anyway, went for the beefier Type B w/120p photo book instead :cigar:

Ordered Type B earlier today from Plain, first ever order with them. Was leaning towards Type A at first but really didn't fancy an essay book (sounds so boring :p) and since I liked both slips anyway, went for the beefier Type B w/120p photo book instead :cigar:

that is the only let down with slip A that it contains a f**king essay book.
but I’ve wanted the slip art on a steel or slip so it was a no brainier.
If Curzon hadn’t of released that steel a few months back then maybe I would of considered slip B but I didn’t want to have duplicate arts. But damn I really wanted that photo book :dunno:

Reactions: Mickle_89
that is the only let down with slip A that it contains a f**king essay book.
but I’ve wanted the slip art on a steel or slip so it was a no brainier.
If Curzon hadn’t of released that steel a few months back then maybe I would of considered slip B but I didn’t want to have duplicate arts. But damn I really wanted that photo book :dunno:

I feel like this is probably why they did it. They knew plenty would already have the slip B art on a steel and feel less interested in it and tried to coax more into buying both by sticking the photobook with type B and leaving the essay book with the majority who won't even be able to read it - unless it's dual language which does happen on some korean releases but I won't be surprised if it isn't.

Reactions: Flloydo
I feel like this is probably why they did it. They knew plenty would already have the slip B art on a steel and feel less interested in it and tried to coax more into buying both by sticking the photobook with type B and leaving the essay book with the majority who won't even be able to read it - unless it's dual language which does happen on some korean releases but I won't be surprised if it isn't.
Plain archive mentions that there is a “partial English support” in the essay book...we’ll see what it actually means, but i think it will be the dual language thing that we see in some korean releases.

possibly

as @Maksym said it is dual langaunge. So maybe 60/40%. They did hacksaw ridge apparently and that’s dual too

But Isnt that photobook just stills from the movie? I would rather have an essey in that case.....

Much rather have images of that beautiful cinematography over Korean text I can’t read lol. And the English part will just bore me haha

but then I can’t stand essay books and scripts with steel editions. Give me stunning photo books any day

Much rather have images of that beautiful cinematography over Korean text I can’t read lol. And the English part will just bore me haha

but then I can’t stand essay books and scripts with steel editions. Give me stunning photo books any day

lol we are on the opposite ends then, I always find stills from the movie boring as hell, If I want to see those images and beautiful cinematography then I will play the movie xD....I always prefer real booklet with some text and info about the movie....and Im pretty sure the Essey book will be in English too, so, winner for me.....

lol we are on the opposite ends then, I always find stills from the movie boring as hell, If I want to see those images and beautiful cinematography then I will play the movie xD....I always prefer real booklet with some text and info about the movie....and Im pretty sure the Essey book will be in English too, so, winner for me.....

Meh. I prefer photography over literature so yus we are on different paths there

yeah there is some English in the essay book. My guess would be 60% Korean 40% English maybe. Like most dual booklets. Or they being sly and it’s just the title on the front haha. I guess there will still be some images in the essay book anyway but the photo booklet is a lot of behind the scenes images so unfortunately you won’t see those in the film.
But considering the price and the other releases they have put out it’s a slightly bare bones release. Would of loved some art cards or some alternative poster art on art cards like Plain did with the master and zero dark thirty for example. That would of been cool

Last edited:
Reactions: zeebeer
Checked The Wailing booklet there and it has all the text supported in english as well korean so at there seems to be a history of them actually bothering to do this - if only every company did. ;)

Checked The Wailing booklet there and it has all the text supported in english as well korean so at there seems to be a history of them actually bothering to do this - if only every company did. ;)

Tbh out of all the Korean Premiums Steel packages I have, only 2 or 3 don’t support English text. It’s the scanavo package booklets I’ve noticed mostly don’t support English text

Reactions: moviewizguy
I bought both editions, but if you only got Slip B, you could put the English essay pamphlet from the Criterion edition inside. It might fit as it's very slim. I bought the Criterion edition last month for $19.99, which has a bonus disc. The bonus disc in the Korean editions don't appear to have English subtitles.

Reactions: Maksym