Parasite (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase links: HMV - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £22.00 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £29.99 (Zoom)
Notes: Region B Locked

Parasite 1.jpg
Parasite 3.jpg Parasite 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched this today and personally...it was a good film (not worth best picture Oscar (1917 and The Joker are both more worthy of the award)) and I can not see myself watching it again.

Cancelled my Steelbook order.

Watched this today and personally...it was a good film (not worth best picture Oscar (1917 and The Joker are both more worthy of the award)) and I can not see myself watching it again.

South Korean satire Parasite has won the best international film Oscar at the 92nd Academy Awards, the first Korean film to do so. It was the hot favourite for the award, but had to defeat contenders including Pedro Almodóvar's mid-life memoir Pain & Glory, and French social comment drama Les Misérables

South Korean satire Parasite has won the best international film Oscar at the 92nd Academy Awards, the first Korean film to do so. It was the hot favourite for the award, but had to defeat contenders including Pedro Almodóvar's mid-life memoir Pain & Glory, and French social comment drama Les Misérables
Parasite won both Best Picture and Best International

Parasite was the first foreign language film to win Best Picture Oscar Award
All previous winners film language was English

Reactions: R4FFO and chunk
just FYI (or if there was any doubt for those not keeping track of that other steelbook) --- in case you didn't see...

the French release thread, those discs have French language and Subtitles only. if you were waffling between the two releases, this is the one to stick with as you won't have to double dip on the edition to get the film in Korean with English subs.

just FYI (or if there was any doubt for those not keeping track of that other steelbook) --- in case you didn't see...

the French release thread, those discs have French language and Subtitles only. if you were waffling between the two releases, this is the one to stick with as you won't have to double dip on the edition to get the film in Korean with English subs.

just a shame the art is a tiny bit better on that one. This one still looks good though (but I would prefer the French)

just a shame the art is a tiny bit better on that one. This one still looks good though (but I would prefer the French)

The debossing is a nice touch as well, just really like that on a steelbook. Sometimes with gloss finish (in this case) it doesn't always work for me on a steelbook.

Reactions: Flloydo
The debossing is a nice touch as well, just really like that on a steelbook. Sometimes with gloss finish (in this case) it doesn't always work for me on a steelbook.

I just see the video. Wasn’t expecting that. Looks awesome

Reactions: apsmith21
Parasite won both Best Picture and Best International

Parasite was the first foreign language film to win Best Picture Oscar Award
All previous winners film language was English

I did not know that.. that's awesome!!! It's about time too! I have watched some great South Korean films that don't even find their way to a uk blu ray release let alone a steelbook so I am very happy this is getting the steel treatment and I've ordered from amazon:) I did like the French steel (but there were no English subs) then this popped with an artwork I actually like more and cheaper too.. have they said if this will be gloss?

Reactions: paulboland
I did not know that.. that's awesome!!! It's about time too! I have watched some great South Korean films that don't even find their way to a uk blu ray release let alone a steelbook so I am very happy this is getting the steel treatment and I've ordered from amazon:) I did like the French steel (but there were no English subs) then this popped with an artwork I actually like more and cheaper too.. have they said if this will be gloss?

according to steelbook.com it will be glossy

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21

When you wrote "personally", you meant that this was your opinion, right? When you wrote "not worth best Picture Oscar" you also stated your very own personal opinion, right? See, my opinion is that "1917" was a technical masterpiece featuring characters I did not get to know nor cared about at all (that I pre-ordered a steelbook from) and Joker was an utterly mediocre film about class warfare with an outstanding lead performance (that I already have one steelbook of and have 2 further ones on order).

Parasite however, in my humble opinion, was a film about class warfare AND a brilliant acting ensemble AND a technical masterpiece (editing, sound design, set design, screenplay) with characters I deeply cared about, so in my opinion it was the best picture of 2019 (that I preordered 2 different steelbooks in 4 different editions (UK, DE, FRA, FRA Box) of. So, luckily for all of us movie buffs, there is plenty of stuff to watch, argue about, collect and ultimately move on from....well, except that Parasite was clearly just so much better than 1917 and Joker :LOL:

Reactions: dazzw74
When you wrote "personally", you meant that this was your opinion, right? When you wrote "not worth best Picture Oscar" you also stated your very own personal opinion, right? See, my opinion is that "1917" was a technical masterpiece featuring characters I did not get to know nor cared about at all (that I pre-ordered a steelbook from) and Joker was an utterly mediocre film about class warfare with an outstanding lead performance (that I already have one steelbook of and have 2 further ones on order).

Parasite however, in my humble opinion, was a film about class warfare AND a brilliant acting ensemble AND a technical masterpiece (editing, sound design, set design, screenplay) with characters I deeply cared about, so in my opinion it was the best picture of 2019 (that I preordered 2 different steelbooks in 4 different editions (UK, DE, FRA, FRA Box) of. So, luckily for all of us movie buffs, there is plenty of stuff to watch, argue about, collect and ultimately move on from....well, except that Parasite was clearly just so much better than 1917 and Joker :LOL:
Mine was a personal opinion and your reply was a humble opinion, right?

just checking to be clear

Each to their own...the beauty of democracy and that of being allowed to have and express an opinion without hopefully upsetting someone else in who is clearly passionate

Out of stock on Amazon now again.
It's been out of stock with Amazon UK since during last week
Still available to pre order from Zavvi/HMV/Zoom

Amazon will likely have some cancellations and will come back in and out of stock a few times before and after release date

Parasite Curzon Podcast Interview

iTunes

Spotify

It's possible there will be more extras not yet announced that will be on the Curzon Artificial Eye Blu-ray release

It's possible there will be more extras not yet announced that will be on the Curzon Artificial Eye Blu-ray release

There was a live recorded Q&A/panel at a Curzon cinema screening in London, wouldn't be surprised if that was something included on the AE blu-ray