Paterson (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.53) [Korea]

Jan 15, 2014
Taipei
Release date: May 2, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip - 1/4 Slip (Pre-order April 4. Total quantity is 900: 650 domestic, 250 overseas) - Premium Box (Pre-order February 11 at 4 PM Korea Standard Time Zone)
Price: $67.69 (super early bird price, first 24 hours) - $74.69 (early bird price, first 3 days) - $79.69 (retail price)
Note: Limited to 2000 copies. The copies numbered will be dispatched at random.
Steelbook™ with high-quality 1/4 slip cover with premium box. World Exclusive Artwork. Steelbook™ made by SCANAVO (Full Gloss Finish). Blu-ray Disc. World's 1st Paterson Soundtrack CD by SQÜRL. Beautiful Crafted Metal pin badge. 60p Hard cover guide book (support both Korean and partial English). High-Quality Poetry Note. Pencil. 8 Square Art cards. 2 Plain Archive's exclusive removable stickers

From PA: The Premium Box can be shipped with K-PACKET, but to avoid delay/damage/loss, we strongly recommend that you choose EMS.

9a820fa618770d8948f44450c2c71a83_2048x.jpg813eb0a37007a727245388721a2f37ed_2048x.jpg9db0b5d643e21582aec4347749b7aefb_2048x.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The first 3 years of being a collector the OCD was strong with me. The last 7 years or so not so much. I am happier that way.:D

same here, the first several years were a bit extreme, I now am better, but still my OCD kick in once in a while.

It's like sometimes I am not rational, my fear being to receive a damaged steelbook, but with an extra copy I can have maybe a replacemet :grumpy:
But this is silly behaviour if I don't have the money in the first place, I just now cancelled 2 extra copies for that reason(since I didn't really have the money).
Thanks for your reply, it helped ;)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: nafosb
Got my Triple Pack today (Incendies Slipbox not pictured):

PA-1.jpg

The Korean writing on the 1/4 Slip is slightly embossed. Really nice.

Fun thing: In the beautyshot, I completely mistook the "Official Selection ..." logo on the lower left corner on the Full Slip ...

PA-2.jpg

... for the bus manufacturer's logo. How embarrassing! :wacky:
Other than that the FS looks great. Can't wait to unseal it.

PA-3.jpg

The 1/4 Slip isn't numbered. And I have to say even though I usually don't care too much for the #s, it's still a bit disappointing PA have stopped issuing the low #s to their fastest customers. It was a fun incentive.
But in the end it isn't important. The quality of the slips is. And in this case, Plain did not drop the ball.

• Thanks
  • Haha
Reactions: WKRP and Noodles
Only a few light scuffs on the back of my steel thankfully, which can only be seen under intense light and at certain angles, so I can live with that. There's some serious glossing going on with it though, so I'm not surprised a lot ended up scratched... that's the only downside of having super glossy steels I guess.

I originally wasn't a huge fan of the slip, but after seeing it in hand, I bloody love it! It's got a nice range of different textures to it... matte, gloss, holofoil, grain. I also love how the artwork continues inside the slip... I'm aware it's been done many times before, but it's always a nice touch IMO. :)

I received my full slip as well. It's nice to see that, on the back, Plain used holofoil even for the smallest bits of "metal part" shown in the pic: not just the thermos, tinfoil and lunchbag handle (which are obvious at first sight, along with the citation as well) but if you look closer also the tiny metal clip of the pen cap and the even tinier metal "hinge" of the lunchbag!

back.png

Have you guys checked the actual bluray disc? Mine is unwatchable for approximately 15’ from 45th to 60th minute of the movie. Not cool :wtf:

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T
Since the thread has been bumped: does PA often restocks? I missed this edition and would like to order a copy when/if available...

Since the thread has been bumped: does PA often restocks? I missed this edition and would like to order a copy when/if available...
Not as often as Manta Lab, that's for sure. ;)
I think it's rather unlikely they'll pop up again in their store, at this point. On the other hand a few copies of The Wrestler and I Saw The Devil re-emerged last year, out of the blue. But if you don't like the uncertainty, just go ahead and buy your copy at wdpung's eBay store: Paterson - Blu-ray Steelbook Full Slip, 1/4 Quarter Edition / Plain Archive | eBay
Very highly recommended!

The 1/4 Slip isn't numbered, I'm afraid.
Yes, unfortunately it isnt. But I was just wondering because sometimes they'll just post it and sometimes people find out through social media interactions.

Also, sometimes we can figure it out through math but I dont think we have all the numbers because the box was timed. For example, total print run is 2000 and FS is 900. So I was 'technically' it should be 1100 1/4 slips. But the box has the 1/4 slips without the booklet. And I dont know if the box is numbered. I tried to find it but no luck. My guess is 900 1/4 slips and 200 inside the box.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Not as often as Manta Lab, that's for sure. ;)
I think it's rather unlikely they'll pop up again in their store, at this point. On the other hand a few copies of The Wrestler and I Saw The Devil re-emerged last year, out of the blue. But if you don't like the uncertainty, just go ahead and buy your copy at wdpung's eBay store: Paterson - Blu-ray Steelbook Full Slip, 1/4 Quarter Edition / Plain Archive | eBay
Very highly recommended!

Call me picky but, although I've purchased from him a lot, I can't stand the fact that they come without the PA sticker...
Anyway thanks for the infos!

Reactions: CleverLoginName