People who have cut the cable cord, get in here.

Apr 2, 2009
ok, i know some of you have to be doing. who has completely cut themselves from the cable companies and get all their movie and tv online..via hulu, netflix, whatever

and for those of you, what do you do about sports? i want to make the switch, but i can't cut myself off from sports. what will i do??

I wish I could help. I've cut myself from cable and satellite but don't watch sports. The only reason i'm replying is because I hate when my threads get 100 views and no replies.

thats cool that you don't watch sports, but are you happy without cable? the woman is worried because what will she do on days off when she normally watches A&E all day, what would she watch?

nope, but from what i'm seeing it looks like hulu, except with almost no content :p

I hear that hulu is going to start charging a monthly fee.

thats cool that you don't watch sports, but are you happy without cable? the woman is worried because what will she do on days off when she normally watches A&E all day, what would she watch?

Though I know it's not something you should talk about on public forums as a MOD I generally download TV shows and put them on my 1TB external HDD then watch them through the PS3 on my HDTV.

If I like the show I always buy it when the DVDs come out. So, to me, it's not like stealing, it's just DVRing. I haven't missed cable.

nope, but from what i'm seeing it looks like hulu, except with almost no content :p

lol yeah I dunno, it was supposed to be big like 3 years ago that was last I checked. It was made by the same makers of Kazaa and Skype so they were claiming to take over the internet tv market .... guess they fail short.

yeah even if for some reason i can't watch on hulu or netflix, i know where to get them, thats where i get most of my shows now anyways.

but why isn't there a streaming sport site? isn't there somebody out there that wants to make millions?

yeah even if for some reason i can't watch on hulu or netflix, i know where to get them, thats where i get most of my shows now anyways.

but why isn't there a streaming sport site? isn't there somebody out there that wants to make millions?

I know what you are saying. Search for Internet TV people stream their sport feeds online and you can basically watch it on your browser.

Just make BigRick give you the most insane deal ever so you can keep your sat. haha.

hey there top, my daughter came for a visit almost 2 years ago, she lived in florida at the time, in the Navy. She was looking at my computer that i had hooked up to my tv, she said, why is your pc out here dad? i said, watch this. mind you i have a 65 inch Mitsubishi DLP, when pc booted up, the first place i went to? Hulu, lol. She just looked at me and said, wait a minute, you mean to tell me i can get rid of cable, and watch my shows from Hulu? i said yep, then i went to netflix, brught up a movie, and she was convinced. when she got back to florida, she canceled her cable and now just uses internet, she is not a sports fan, so no biggie to her. She has moved back to NY now, and still only uses internet to watch tv. then a few weeks ago, i read an article where something like 850,000 home ditched cable, and are just using internet. So you arent the only one out there, think of the money you save big time lol

hey there top, my daughter came for a visit almost 2 years ago, she lived in florida at the time, in the Navy. She was looking at my computer that i had hooked up to my tv, she said, why is your pc out here dad? i said, watch this. mind you i have a 65 inch Mitsubishi DLP, when pc booted up, the first place i went to? Hulu, lol. She just looked at me and said, wait a minute, you mean to tell me i can get rid of cable, and watch my shows from Hulu? i said yep, then i went to netflix, brught up a movie, and she was convinced. when she got back to florida, she canceled her cable and now just uses internet, she is not a sports fan, so no biggie to her. She has moved back to NY now, and still only uses internet to watch tv. then a few weeks ago, i read an article where something like 850,000 home ditched cable, and are just using internet. So you arent the only one out there, think of the money you save big time lol

thats exactly why i want to drop cable, i don't need it, nobody does really. but sports is a huge huge deal to me. bah

Hey man...I would say go ahead and drop your satellite provider...but if you have Comcast you better not drop it.....:D

do you work for comcast? it seems to be the one universal company everyone hates :p

but no, i have att coming to install uverse tomorrow. will "trial" their bundle for a month and then cancel everything but the internet. so the cord is almost officially cut for me. still not sure what i'll do about sports :(

do you work for comcast? it seems to be the one universal company everyone hates :p

but no, i have att coming to install uverse tomorrow. will "trial" their bundle for a month and then cancel everything but the internet. so the cord is almost officially cut for me. still not sure what i'll do about sports :(

can always stream sports online

http://atdhe.net/ and http://www.justin.tv/ sites ive used before, not great quality but if nothing else