List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Full Slip: 1500 copies

Full Slip Package:
Lenticular Slip: 1500 copies
Lenticular package:
Lenticular artwork:

Oh I forgot to tell more detail ...

1) Glossy treatment as usual.
2) Lenticular artwork will be reveled soon.

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, born in the stench of eighteenth century Paris,
develops a superior olfactory sense, which he uses to create the world`s
finest perfumes. His work, however, takes a dark turn as he tries to preserve
scents in the search for the ultimate perfume

Genre:
Directors:
Actors:
Aspect Ratio & Format: 2.35:1
Language: English
Sound Mix: DTS
Subtitles: Korean / English / Chinese
Rating: 18
Region Code: 3
Run Time: 147 mins
Number of discs: 1

Attachments

• 1980097_1523941767833035_5064224502808774713_o.jpg
    1980097_1523941767833035_5064224502808774713_o.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 447
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 280
Last edited by a moderator:

metal hunter

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
Germany
Well you could be right, but one would assume that a release such as this, which people have praised *so* much in this thread, would have run out in a matter of hours or a day at max, since the run count is 1500 only per edition .. Instead, both editions are available for ordering even now like a month or two after the pre-order went live ..

So maybe I'm just being negative or something, but something here doesn't add up .. :p

EDIT: The Memento release almost has the same run counts, but that ran out in like a day I think .. This is wasn't even praised a lot in the forums here ..

I guess Memento is a more popular film than Perfume. However, also Perfume will sell out in the long run.

Reactions: Zephyr
Nov 29, 2013
Netherlands
Well you could be right, but one would assume that a release such as this, which people have praised *so* much in this thread, would have run out in a matter of hours or a day at max, since the run count is 1500 only per edition .. Instead, both editions are available for ordering even now like a month or two after the pre-order went live ..

So maybe I'm just being negative or something, but something here doesn't add up .. :p

EDIT: The Memento release almost has the same run counts, but that ran out in like a day I think .. This is wasn't even praised a lot in the forums here ..

Praising a steelbook is not the same as buying though. I really like this steelbook but still decided not to buy...I can't afford Kimchi prices for movies right now. Maybe there just more people like me for this title.
I don't think it necessarily means that the printrun is bigger than advertised.

Jul 28, 2014
I guess Memento is a more popular film than Perfume. However, also Perfume will sell out in the long run.

Praising a steelbook is not the same as buying though. I really like this steelbook but still decided not to buy...I can't afford Kimchi prices for movies right now. Maybe there just more people like me for this title.
I don't think it necessarily means that the printrun is bigger than advertised.

Hmm ... Yeah I guess that could be true, but normally you'd expect a release's popularity to be proportional to its sales ... but yes, people do have budget constraints .. I myself am having a hard time buying such steels when for so many years I bought just the regular blu's and always thought of anything about $25 as being 'uber-expensive' :p

tokaman

No Nonsense Ninja
Premium Supporter
May 25, 2013
UK
I'm still undecided on this one, it would be a blind buy. I'm kind of swaying towards the full slip.
Any recommendations from someone that owns both versions?

Jul 28, 2014
I'm still undecided on this one, it would be a blind buy. I'm kind of swaying towards the full slip.
Any recommendations from someone that owns both versions?

I literally spent 3-4 hours a few days ago trying to decide which to get ... I was literally going crazy as both have been praised heavily ... I looked through the pages of this thread to see which was generally more recommended, I looked at YouTube videos to see if I wanted the lenticular effect or not, I compared the contents of both everything was tie to tie ... In the end, I even used random.org to try and help me decide ... I was on the verge of buying both releases, something which I've not done for any bluray in my 600+ collection :p

Ultimately I asked myself point blank which I wanted .. I think I got an answer .. The lenticular version, and so I ordered that :p

Do note that the full slip version weigh more, because of the full slip, and it also has a 36 page booklet, whereas the lento version has a 16 page booklet ..

Reactions: tokaman
Jul 28, 2014
I bought both and the lenticular is amazing. The depth is much better than most.

I watched a few videos reviews of the lenti version on youtube, and even through the video I could see that the 3D effect in the lenti .. I can only imagine how great the 3D effect must be in real life if I could even see it through a video .. !

SK 80

Makaveli the Don...
Premium Supporter
Apr 23, 2014
England
Great steelbook from Kimchi I have both editions, lenti is very nice in hand and much better than what you see on pics...

Narg

Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2014
Birmingham
I can't decide whether or not to get the full slip of this. Is the film any good? The only things that's making me want this is that there is a redhead on the steel:emb:.

May 22, 2010
california usa
Personally I love the film, I had the metalpak for so long that I was so happy when they announced the premium....if I ended up selling my collection this won’t be amond them lol