Piranha 3DD (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

The title nearly had me with the artwork baring a close resemblance with the French 1978 steel. The ultimate drawback of course is the film itself which I hear waned in comparison to it's fun yet pretty mediocre predecessor.

The title nearly had me with the artwork baring a close resemblance with the French 1978 steel. The ultimate drawback of course is the film itself which I hear waned in comparison to it's fun yet pretty mediocre predecessor.

It's no where near as good as the first one which had an actual script and was well put together. The second time out they basically took what they "thought" worked from the first film and ran with it. IE more nudity including up close full frontal shots of Playboy playmates and turned the script into just a long series of injokes many centred around the Hoff. For those that grew up on the stuff they were joking about it's very funny, for those young members of the audience that didn't get the jokes I can imagine this was tedious lol! Personally I have only ever seen this when very stoned and each time have been crying laughing at certain scenes so it's a definite buy for me. ONly let down was the first film had many practical effects and gore which is far more realistic, where as this has CGI gore the same as Machette Kills which just IMO doesn't work as well.

Last edited:
I truly enjoyed the first one. Over the top fun horror flick. I haven't seen the second one, but I'm going to order it asap. I have been told it's total garbage, but I don't mind. Sometimes I wanna just sit down, grab a beer and watch a bloody awful movie ;)

Hell, I own both Mega Piranha, and Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus, true classics from The Asylum ($5 bin at BestBuy), so I assume this is on the level of those, lol.

MegaPiranha.jpg

Last edited:
Hell, I own both Mega Piranha, and Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus, true classics from The Asylum ($5 bin at BestBuy), so I assume this is on the level of those, lol.

MV5BNjU3ODY2NzMwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg4MzI1Mw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

The Asylum puts out the absolute worst movies. As soon as a movie shows Asylum at the opening credits. Movie is changed.

Reactions: Threat

MV5BNjU3ODY2NzMwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg4MzI1Mw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
This is a level above those. There's a decent budget on this one. I didn't think it was great, the original was a lot better. I don't remember there being much of a story on this one unlike the first film.

Reactions: Threat
Yes, but shipping 22 Euros (£15.50 ish currently). It's flat rate shipping (with up to 25 kg in one package) however, which means it might work out economically if you were to order a ton of things from them in one go.

Obviously if you're just after a Steelbook or two, it's more likely to work out much better to order from Amazon.it.

Last edited:
The Asylum puts out the absolute worst movies. As soon as a movie shows Asylum at the opening credits. Movie is changed.

I agree, and they are basically scum. Their sole purpose is to make money by cheating people who aren't knowledgeable about films into thinking they're buying that movie everyone's been talking about when it's really a cheap knock-off with a similar title and premise. Even the films that don't mimic others are terrible - including their awful monster movies. And no they're not funny - just very very bad.

This and the first Piranha movie aren't as bad as Asylum productions as there are actually some production values and just enough humour to be worth a watch. Definitely not worth a steelbook release though (n)