Point Break (2015) - In theaters December 25, 2015

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Point Break (2015)

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ericson Core[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Luke Bracey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Édgar Ramírez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ray Winstone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Teresa Palmer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Delroy Lindo[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-07[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A young undercover FBI agent infiltrates a gang of thieves who share a common interest in extreme sports. A remake of the 1991 film, "Point Break".[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
4zfbf70df2ySChbsIEjhAC9oXJ1.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A young FBI agent infiltrates an extraordinary team of extreme sports athletes he suspects of masterminding a string of unprecedented, sophisticated corporate heists. "Point Break" is inspired by the classic 1991 hit.
With: Luke Bracey, Edgar Ramirez, Teresa Palmer

pointbreak-remake-firstlook2-full.jpg pointbreak-remake-firstlook1-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you on this one. Missed Alien when it was first out, only watched it 1-2 years ago and found it "ok". But Aliens on the other hand... WOW! Perfect Science-Fiction/Action movie that aged pretty well!

I think you got Alien and Aliens confused! Alien has aged very well, aside from a not-so-special effects scene. Aliens on the other hand has aged poorly except for the special effects - the dialogue, hairstyles, and wardrobes are so '80s. I grew up watching both but only Alien has stood the test of time for me.

Surely this has to go down as one of the most pointless remakes EVER?

I wholeheartedly agree. It's a movie that is so well loved, it is truly iconic - when you get referenced in other films (Hot Fuzz) then you KNOW it is something special. Reeves and Swayze have great chemstry, and it just works!

Just as there will only ever be ONE Mad Max, there will only ever be one Point Break.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Man that trailer swayed my initial take on this "re-make" as it feels more like a new take on the same set-up. I like what I have seen of Edgar Ramirez's work and that last shot in the trailer is simply wicked!

@Noodles HAHA Guess we both saw this at the same time.

Trailer looks good IMO. Different enough from the original that i think this could actually stand on its own. I'm in.
Haha yep! I didn't even realise you'd already posted it until a few minutes after lol.

I agree with @Drum18... action looks great, but the cast don't excite me one bit.

Just seen the trailer and I have to say what a load of crap! Why o why sully the name of this modern classic, with this rubbish. They should've just gave it a different title. Instead of earning money from the original! Still I'm sure it will make a bit of money, but not from me!!

The action looks decent, but wow, this movie overall looks pretty bad. No offense to Luke Bracey, but he did not impress me in November Man and he seems awful in this trailer. They should have just made sequel with Keanu Reeves reprising his role and started with that.

Reactions: psychoscot