Pokémon Detective Pikachu (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (WB Shop Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 16, 2019
Purchase link: WB Shop (ships only within the UK)
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
... and not forgetting the fully-loaded from France which should be just as desirable as the other one with the with better art if the title and Pikachu is embossed which seems the right and logical thing to do:-
1565191906683.png

Had payment taken via PayPal for this, this morning. Almost 2 weeks early and it's awaiting dispatch. Would be a nice surprise if it does get sent out soon but having never bought anything previously from WB Store I'm not sure what their practices are like

I guess most people liked this movie A LOT MORE than me. The art is nice, but for me this movie was bordered on 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back....though it was still better than Dumbo and LEGO 2 which were meh and a major disappointment (because the first LEGO was awesome).

Despite what looks like a frame in the OP signifying embossing the reality is somewhat different going by this early pic of the FRANCE steelbook courtesy Steelbookpro . . . nice and shiny though!:-
1568154391522.png

Insides + J-card languages & subtitles:-
1568154432611.png

1568155161226.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. The other artwork is way too busy for me.

But 35 €!? What are they thinking?

Normal price for a 3D steelbook over here especially for Warner - 4K steels are 39,99€ most of the time.

Although it‘s not the same artwork. The german title is „Meisterdetektiv“ not „Detective“. What ever the reason for this crap was.

Got a dispatch email for this just after midnight. Missed it initially as all of WB Shops emails seem to go into my junk
Will be interesting to see what their delivery times and packaging is like

I like the steelbook, turned out nice. Unfortunate there's no frame as was on the product page. Also, disappointed that the card was foreign. Not that it matters much but comes across lazy as it was probably too do with a shared print across EU

Reactions: Mike Haley
I keep trying to attach a pic but it keeps saying file too large. I usually take a pic and screen shot to upload but even thats not working.
But yeah, even on the back it says it comes from london.

Come to think of it, that one doesn't even have the BBFC certificate.

It must have been a foreign copy anyway. Does it have the certificate on the discs and what language is the backing paper in?

I like the steelbook, turned out nice. Unfortunate there's no frame as was on the product page. Also, disappointed that the card was foreign. Not that it matters much but comes across lazy as it was probably too do with a shared print across EU

Come to think of it, that one doesn't even have the BBFC certificate.

It must have been a foreign copy anyway. Does it have the certificate on the discs and what language is the backing paper in?
I've taken the rating stickers off but the slip and disc are English versions but the info card in with the pokemon card was also foreign

I think the 4K artwork just edges it for me but this is really nice too. Both glossy too from Warner Bros, it must be the work of witches!

I think you’re right. Gloss on a day one release for WB is like unheard of lol

Reactions: Mike Haley