[POLL] 8th Annual SteelBook of the Year 2018 - Vote for Best Standalone SteelBook (artwork, finish, embossing/debossing)

Vote for Best Standalone SteelBook 2018

• Thor: Ragnarok (Blufans)

Votes: 52 35.9%
  • Blade Runner 2049 (Filmarena)

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Pan's Labyrinth (KimchiDVD)

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Coco (Blufans)

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • The Handmaiden (Plain Archive)

Votes: 29 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
best-standalon-sb.png

Sponsored by the HDN Shop
Browse for limited edition SteelBook collectibles and more at http://shop.hidefninja.com & support the community!

The nominations were tallied until January 15, 2019 from our nominations threads.

Please remember you can only vote 1 time for your top choice and you cannot change your vote afterwards.

Voting closes January 31, 2019.

Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

Other categories voting polls:

Best Boxset
Best Full Slip
Best Lenticular
Best Overall SteelBook Package (extras included such as discs, booklets, cards etc)
Best Retailer

Hmm, forgot to vote

Except one or 2 I’m really surprised at the choices

Disappointed it’s just premium steels. Although I own most of them, where’s the US quiet place, rick and morty season 3, HMV Jumanji. Also surprised with blufans coco over manta ready player one of zeta ready player one

Disappointed it’s just premium steels. Although I own most of them, where’s the US quiet place, rick and morty season 3, HMV Jumanji. Also surprised with blufans coco over manta ready player one of zeta ready player one
I am too, but we seem to have this problem every year ... people dont want to speak up and take the time to nominate in the nomination threads yet complain in the voting threads. I'm just speaking generally but this has happened before.

I might change the format up then for when the time comes around come 2020 (for 2019) but that only means making it less involvement from the Community on nominations. Granted most of us are hard at trying to remember back a full year.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I am too, but we seem to have this problem every year ... people dont want to speak up and take the time to nominate in the nomination threads yet complain in the voting threads. I'm just speaking generally but this has happened before.

I might change the format up then for when the time comes around come 2020 (for 2019) but that only means making it less involvement from the Community on nominations. Granted most of us are hard at trying to remember back a full year.

And I’m a culprit for it. Completely forgot to nominate

Every year i write down what I purchase anyway so I go back and look at what arrived etc and I make a list but I always forget to come back and nominate. Pretty sure I did the same last year where usually I nominate.

I personally think standalone category should go to WWA or a exsclusive to that one country (US hocus pocus for example or zavvi Disney classics) and then the category for steel and extras or package can be for premium.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
And I’m a culprit for it. Completely forgot to nominate. Every year i write down what I purchase anyway so I go back and look at what arrived etc and I make a list but I always forget to come back and nominate. Pretty sure I did the same last year where usually I nominate.
i know that feeling, i've done that 2 years in a row, now! :rolleyes: it's our fault, @Wreck, we should do better! but i actually think this thread's list is a good one for voting.

i'm surprising myself in saying this, but zavvi's Hereditary also turned out ok, with some nice, unusual touches.

Reactions: Wreck and Flloydo