Prometheus (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (JB HiFi Exclusive) [Australia]

MK50

Premium Supporter
Oct 4, 2011
Frankfurt, Germany
Prometheus Viva Metal Box (Limited Edition Metalbook) (JB HI-FI Exclusive) Australia

Release: October 17th
Price: 29,98 Australian Dollars

JBHiFi Buy Link

Confirmed to be a Viva Metal Box.

attachment.php

Actual member pictures courtesy of hdgfs:
ProVMB-1.jpeg

ProVMB-2.jpg

ProVMB-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pic, is the inside art identical with Play.com release? As far I know play.com has different inside art with the others release

Just got 2 copies myself. They have lots of this (3 racks) at least on my JB Hifi. One warning though: it's region B coded like Play.com copies. So if you want region A, your best bet are the Asian copies.

Will take pics of the steel once I get home from gym tonight.

I'm sorry, but I just read Prometheus [play.com] thread, and it's confirmed as region free, and there's also region free logo at the back slip of Prometheus [play.com]

^^^ It looks like the inside art is partially different... here is what the inside art from play.com looks like:

attachment.php

here is the viva inside art:
prom014640x480.jpg

[/SPOILER]

Good spot!
So "best of both worlds" :D

too bad it looks like only half artwork, imo it's like cut art in the middle, but fyi I still order this! :drool: :hilarious:
(don't want Jay or Mark beat me on their vmb collection :naughty:) j/k guys :D

I'm sorry, but I just read Prometheus [play.com] thread, and it's confirmed as region free, and there's also region free logo at the back slip of Prometheus [play.com]

[/SPOILER]

too bad it looks like only half artwork, imo it's like cut art in the middle, but fyi I still order this! :drool: :hilarious:

:hilarious:
We will NOW all get the same... so no fear on that part ;)
But at least that "reason" justifies the purchase...

:hilarious:
We will NOW all get the same... so no fear on that part ;)
But at least that "reason" justifies the purchase...

:joy:

but to be honest, this is one of many "reason" to keep my spirit of collecting vmb. Don't know what happen if you guys stop collecting this, maybe I'll not so enthusiast if there new release. Hope we can stick together until the end of the world :hilarious:

^^^ It looks like the inside art is partially different... here is what the inside art from play.com looks like:

attachment.php

here is the viva inside art:
prom014640x480.jpg

Yeah, they are different. And so is the Asian version (it has picture of Prometheus ship itself:

Kg9hU.jpg

sNs3i.jpg

mXTJc.jpg

I guess I don't need to take pic of my Australian Viva version since hdgfs has done it.

Interestingly enough, there is no blu-ray logo on this Viva version whereas the Asian version has it on the bottom right corner.

Ooh, interesting. I haven't got my Play.com copy yet so I didn't know about this change. I should probably test this one in case it's region free but the back on this one says B. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Elena

:joy:

but to be honest, this is one of many "reason" to keep my spirit of collecting vmb. Don't know what happen if you guys stop collecting this, maybe I'll not so enthusiast if there new release. Hope we can stick together until the end of the world :hilarious:

^^^ lol. Ill keep collecting vmb's for movies I like as long as they keep making em'!

Reactions: Elena
Yeah, they are different. And so is the Asian version (it has picture of Prometheus ship itself:

Kg9hU.jpg

sNs3i.jpg

mXTJc.jpg
I guess I don't need to take pic of my Australian Viva version since hdgfs has done it.

Interestingly enough, there is no blu-ray logo on this Viva version whereas the Asian version has it on the bottom right corner.

Ooh, interesting. I haven't got my Play.com copy yet so I didn't know about this change. I should probably test this one in case it's region free but the back on this one says B. :/

Yeah, that is great!
The cleanest look of all...

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Yeah, read it here, but still a rumor though

EEK!
Hope this is just for Disney Titles and other Studios (like Fox!) will still be using VMBs in the Future!!!
I love them because they alsways have clean front and back and inside artwork and until Prometheus had additional embossing on the front (to go with the embossed border!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I'm a little dissapointed with this one, looks like a matte finish and no embossing. It still looks decent but it could have been a lot better with a glossy finish or some embossing.

I must admit I'm a little dissapointed with this one, looks like a matte finish and no embossing. It still looks decent but it could have been a lot better with a glossy finish or some embossing.

It's actually glossier than the Steelbook version of Prometheus. But at the same time, it is not as glossy as other titles you can think of. I like it though. It's fingerprints/grease resistant. Plus, it matches the Alien Quadrilogy Steelbook in terms of the lack of gloss.

Also, I can confirm it now: it says region B in the J card but in reality, it's actually region-free disc! It plays on my Japanese PS3 (region A).

Last edited: