Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

11490425-6374492638937062.jpg

11490425-2144492638989547.jpg 11490425-1664492639074873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If they do make it up then that's a bit dodgy.

If it's just a bit of rounding down then fine but if they have like 1000 left then that's not good.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
Reminds me a bit of the "Only 200 Remaining -. hurry up!!!" E-Mail for the "Amadeus" steelbook I received in May - which is still available end of September....
Yeah, this one had a similar e-mail - "Only 200 left" on the Friday before last ( i think?), and then 45 mins later it was "sold out"! So, 200 go in under 45 mins, and 100 last for a week or so.......and counting?!

it seems all European releases are the same, i couldn't fine the German post and i didnt wanna star a new one in case there is all ready one, but i just wanted to tell you i got this today from Germany and i love it! very classy and art ita cool but i wasnt expecting this finish! awesome!

Whether you're a fan of the movie or not, the quality of the design of this Steelbook transcends genius. I truly believe that, once this sells out, it will become one of the most sought after steels released.

Miss it, miss out.

Whether you're a fan of the movie or not, the quality of the design of this Steelbook transcends genius. I truly believe that, once this sells out, it will become one of the most sought after steels released.

Miss it, miss out.

It's available in abundance throughout Europe. I got mine from Amazon Spain for €12.....

Fabulous steel alright. Well worth the price.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Quote, "There Will Be Blood: Because the color red appears as grey on black-and-white film, the crew used chocolate syrup — reportedly the Bosco brand — in the shower scene. On the film’s initial release, however, some moviegoers insisted that the scene was in color and that they saw red blood." (CSO.ORG)

A 2011 artist's mock-up with a passing resemblance to the style of the new steelbook front art:-
https://kaseyxu.wordpress.com/category/design-process/design-process_semester3/
upload_2017-10-25_21-7-40.png
upload_2017-10-25_21-9-16.png

DM-6dnbV4AEtXcs.jpg:large

Spines (wrong way and right way . . . (lol)
DM-6dnmVQAElmmf.jpg:large

Last edited:
happy days. :) so, yeah, as i thought i might, i did slag off the original design at some length... and then actually then buy it. thanks must go to @paulboland for the in-hand shots above. cheers, Paul! :thumbs: i still am not the largest fan of the bloody sinkhole approach, but the steel itself - embossing, highlights, finish - is very good, and it's well stacked with extras. plus, i missed the original steel a few years back.

as for my change of mind? let's just say it grew on me...
(don't click if not seen)
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I may be in the same situation, actually. ;) But I can wait for a price drop.

It looks like Amazon.fr is getting the same steelbook next week, so it's no longer a "Zavvi exclusive limited."

I may be in the same situation, actually. ;) But I can wait for a price drop.

It looks like Amazon.fr is getting the same steelbook next week, so it's no longer a "Zavvi exclusive limited."
It's available from various retailers across europe has been when announced
It's a Zavvi exclusive in the UK
Zavvi are a UK retailer