Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Rambo
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11241313-7654361733676230.jpg

11241313-4994361733814632.jpg

11241313-8074361733743070.jpg

Last edited:
However it turns out it won't be any worse than the German Amazon Exclusive and I'm guessing this one will knock that one into a cocked hat.
This is THE "Rambo" steelbook to own (IMO).

Please stop embarrassing yourself! the original German version whether good art/finish or not is THE ULTIMATE Grail and ALWAYS will be. If you in anyway disagree with that, you clearly don't understand collectables, this version will never cost upwards of £500.

We shall see and only time will tell as this could well be changing hands in a year or so for 100 quid plus.
Not going to voice an opinion about your opinions as that would be the easiest way to get myself banned or at least suspended from this site :cool:
No-one is going to convince me that the Amazon steel is in any way better or more deserving of Grail status than the Zavvi :p:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyberpunk88
We shall see and only time will tell as this could well be changing hands in a year or so for 100 quid plus.
Not going to voice an opinion about your opinions as that would be the easiest way to get myself banned or at least suspended from this site :cool:

PMSL!!!! it's not even sold out! it won't go for anymore than £30, certainly not £500+ like the REAL grail. Time won't tell anything, you don't understand collectables in any shape or form, you don't even buy non UK versions which is laughable at best.

Reactions: blu-steel
This Rambo will never resell for more than the German one. The German one sucks, it's because of it's rarity it sells for so much.

Had mine dispatched today too and am looking forward to receiving it.

Reactions: psychoscot
This Rambo will never resell for more than the German one. The German one sucks, it's because of it's rarity it sells for so much.

Had mine dispatched today too and am looking forward to receiving it.

Correct, this might be a million times better in terms of design and finish, But grails are always grails. I'm looking forward to receiving this but The German version whether bad art/finish or not will always be the winner for those that collect for true collectorship.

Reactions: spass
[QUOTE="Flloydo, post: 1657389, member: 16146"

Anyway not had a dispatch yet. No payment problem either. Hopefully I'll wake up to a dispatch email[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow IS the day for dispatch . . . for the majority (1,995 . . . LOL).

Last edited:
Personally chosen this one to be the first Grail U.K. steelbook for the many reasons listed previously and no need to repeat here but of course ONLY TIME WILL TELL and just because I call it so does not make it so. . . obviously!

GRAIL as in GRADALIS (medieval Latin) = a disc-shaped platter (LOL) - or in other accounts, a chalice - used at the Last Supper - and searched for by the Monty Python gang among others . . .
GRAIL as in "The object of an extended or difficult quest" Merriam-Webster

This one getting off to a solid start on the secondary market with early sales (from the 8th Feb.) at under GBP 15 and more recent pre-order copies changing hands for between GBP 18 and GBP 24 (and that's even before people have it in hand). Good to see that there is a minimal number for sale there and that the true smart collector must have pre-ordered his/her copy from the retailer directly :thumbs:
People are naturally "Watching" the dozen or so copies available across the sellers and waiting for cancellations at Zavvi and later for the hundred or so (?) copies to appear, assumed set aside as replacements for damaged copies.
It goes without saying that all of the copies on the secondary market will be snapped up depending on the above.

Regarding the Amazon German edition from 2008: certainly no better or worse than similar U.K. steelbooks of the period with only 3 very average examples to choose from here and it's only in 2009 that we start to see the good stuff (IMO) with TERMINATOR 2 & SALVATION, HIGHLANDER and DISTRICT 9 without the blue banner header and GLADIATOR (and even STAR TREK XI) with.

Last edited: