Purchase link: Rambo
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11241313-7654361733676230.jpg

11241313-4994361733814632.jpg

11241313-8074361733743070.jpg

Last edited:
Great film but not so great border(n)
I'll just stick with my Japanese non-steelbook-but kinda looks like a steelbook-but I forget the offcial name- edition :D

Needs to be full gloss, needs to be under £10 and Zavvi need to confirm it's the full uncut version before I am remotely interested
Why wouldn't it be uncut?

There were no cuts made to the UK release.

*EDIT*
I just realised you're probably talking about the Extended cut. Which is longer (7 mins) but a very different version of the movie.

As this will probably be the regular old UK disc I very much doubt this will happen.

For anyone wondering what the difference is between the 2 cuts, you can find out here......

http://movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=624222

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
I like it... could have done with some red or something to make it a bit more striking though. Glad to see the prices are slowly coming down on Zavvi's exclusive steels now too, although they're still not quite cheap enough IMO... knock another 3 quid off and I'd actually start pre-ordering them again.

A little bit of red sharpie on the blade and Bob's your uncle and Fannie's your aunt.
Day one purchase for me. Being a Sony release hopefully it will be spot glossed and have a debossed title.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norwichlad
I'm not sure what to make about this one, not bad but could be better, maybe it will look better in person.

At the moment I already have the US Extended Cut disc and was looking to get the standard Theatrical version for the extras.

Why wouldn't it be uncut?

There were no cuts made to the UK release.

*EDIT*
I just realised you're probably talking about the Extended cut. Which is longer (7 mins) but a very different version of the movie.

As this will probably be the regular old UK disc I very much doubt this will happen.

For anyone wondering what the difference is between the 2 cuts, you can find out here......

http://movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=624222

Just had a little skim through and basically this should be the better cut?
Sounds like the directors cut or extended however you phrase it has more cut from the film including violence. Or did I read it wrong

Looks nice. A while ago I would have considered a purchase because I don't have the German grail one, but these days I'm going for whole collections. And although there are Zavvi steelbooks for the first 3, this one just doesn't fit. So I think I'll pass...

Just had a little skim through and basically this should be the better cut?
Sounds like the directors cut or extended however you phrase it has more cut from the film including violence. Or did I read it wrong

Yeah there are also no additional violent scenes, I know one of the violent scenes was cut for poor CGI execution. Stallone wanted to add more depth to the characters and focus more on the relationship with Sarah. There are many differences according to one site, added, deleted, extended different order of scenes.

I've got the German tattoo version, the Mondo release, and the Japanese release. I would have got this if it had matched the previous Zavvi Rambo releases. As it doesn't, I'll give it a miss.