Rambo: First Blood (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Editions) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: SteelBook Only - Slipcase Edition - Collector's Box Set Edition (Pre-order on June 9, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £25.99 (Steelbook only) - £59.99 (Slipcase Edition) - £99.99 (Collector's Box Set Edition)
Notes: Artwork and packaging design from EverythingBlu team - Each edition limited to 1000

522708-863af2dfe91620c30c86f7bf735877fa.jpg FB (Slipcase_Edition).jpg FB (CE_BoxSet).jpg

20220524_152357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, damn, I gotta buy another one?
So this will have the older transfer.
I haven't seen it, don't know if it's good or pretty much the same, as BD.

Yes you will have to purchase again if you want the discs with new extras
The 40th Anniversary release is the Matt Ryan Artwork Steelbook and is been released in November 2022

Zavvi will likely be selling the Matt Ryan Steelbook that's been released in November :rofl:

This release designed by Everything Blu with August 2022 release is just cashing in on the 40th Anniversary by doing a repackaging using the StudioCanal 2018 discs
It's not the 40th Anniversary release as that not out until November 2022

It doesn't say anything about a new transfer, it just mentions new special features. Assume transfer is the same unless published otherwise.

It doesn't say anything about a new transfer, it just mentions new special features. Assume transfer is the same unless published otherwise.
Yeah, I understand that. I didn't know there is to be a new transfer at all, and was going to be fine with whatever kind if disc is inside EB-Zavvi, as I don't have any UHD editions yet.

Yeah, I understand that. I didn't know there is to be a new transfer at all, and was going to be fine with whatever kind if disc is inside EB-Zavvi, as I don't have any UHD editions yet.
Okay, fair enough. But in answer to your question/statement though... no, this probably doesn't have an older transfer. As there's no mention of a new transfer in the SC press release, I'd expect the film transfer to be the same on both sets of discs.

Just got an email saying this is delayed to 26th September. I would be disappointed but honestly I have so much due this month I was looking to cancel something. This might actually be a good thing for me.

You be better of waiting for the proper StudioCanal 40th Anniversary 4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook that's geting a release in November in UK/France/Germany
That release has new extras and SteelBook has artwork from Matt Ryan Tobin

Also how did you know that? Cos apparently zavvi don't give updates on delays and it would be insane to expect them to... Lol.
All you have to do is look at Zavvi website

Sort releases by release date

That's how web forums find out if a release date has changed be it Zavvi/Amazon/HMV etc

Reactions: JinxyKatte