Ratatouille (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Pixar Collection #13) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: May 25th, 2015
Purchase link: Ratatouille 3D (Sold Out!)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

11089707-3134276989560709.jpg

11089707-2054276989564810.jpg 11089707-1544276989570873.jpg 11089707-1274276989577311.jpg

Last edited:
This artwork is lazy. I understand that it's minimalistic, but it doesn't look right for a PREMIUM SteelBook release! This is not what I expected the final artwork to look like. It works as a promotional poster, or maybe rear artwork, but not as a SteelBook cover. Don't get me wrong, I like the artwork for what it is, but I don't think it's appropriate for this particular product (like I say, it's poster artwork). There's a time and a place for minimalist artwork, and this is NOT it!

I'm 100% certain that the Disney designers could have come up with something better. Literally any of the promotional artwork available for this title would have been suitable and acceptable! Now is not the time to be experimenting with designs, and I can see a vast majority of collectors disapproving of this artwork choice! Not that a few unhappy comments on a collectors' forum will influence Disney's final decision...

Minimalist artwork approach
photo.jpg

That part is correct its very minimalist :LOL::rofl:

Its lacking detail its a bit to basic for my liking

Need to see all of the Artwork Front/Back/Inside

They could of used
untitled.png

51X03Nmf5mL.jpg

ratatouille_ver2_xlg.jpg

Reactions: lolwut
Reactions: justhedudeman
Is this a f*cking joke?
That's horrendous! Ah man they could of done something amazing with this. Now wall.e actually looks good! I think we need to complain to zavvi about this one. It worked with wreck it Ralph. Possibly the worst cover now out of all the disney and Pixar collection. I would be so happy with @Robsonmonkey choice or any of @paulboland choices.
I've got the ump now
(Oh and zavvi still have not responded to any of my messages on their feedback email regarding my account which I can't access - it's been 5 days now!)

If Zavvi are happy with that artwork and think people will love it I cannot understand why they have cancelled american psycho steelbook as they were 'unhappy with the artwork'

Really? Is that really the artwork?

Reactions: lolwut and chunk
If Zavvi are happy with that artwork and think people will love it I cannot understand why they have cancelled american psycho steelbook as they were 'unhappy with the artwork'

Really? Is that really the artwork?
Yeah this just proves most people's theory, that American Psycho wasn't cancelled for its art.

Reactions: lolwut and chunk
So the back and inside nice and colourful like the film and the front a piece of sh*t like clip art! W*nkers!!!!

wow, i thought Wall•E was bad! Thats awful, I'm so glad i got the German versions (the gold wall•e and chocolate brown metallic ratatouille)

From the wonders of Aladdin to this... :LOL:

Reactions: chunk
I've seen that art before and liked it as a minimalist print, but it doesn't work at all as a steelbook... especially when both the back and interior use actual images from the film and are nice and colourful. (n)

Reactions: chunk