Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
F13EC5BD-D227-492E-9050-50D4F78D571A.jpeg87BDE8AD-CA68-407D-99AA-8CAC04D60212.png87BDE8AD-CA68-407D-99AA-8CAC04D60212.pngCCA5782D-12E4-4095-8644-B67545DACA88.png
I really wanted to love this. It is designed as an old school anthology horror movie.
The direction is good, some of the acting is really good (especially the young actor in the second segment of the three).
But the individual stories really aren't that creepy or scary. They are definitely interesting- but only mildly...because they ultimately serve the wraparound story - whose denouement is reaaaallllly not as clever as the writers think it is. (And full of holes if you scrutinize it).
But, I do appreciate the attempt at a classier kind of horror.
I'd put it in a double bill with Grim Prairie Tales (from 1990).

Reactions: Sigill
You didn’t like it mate? I haven’t seen it yet but I’ve heard mostly good things about it.
Same mate... seen many say it's their favourite horror/thriller of the year.

I was intrigued in the beginning, but the longer it went on, the more I lost interest... especially at the end when it all got a little weird (not in a good way lol).

Same mate... seen many say it's their favourite horror/thriller of the year.

I was intrigued in the beginning, but the longer it went on, the more I lost interest... especially at the end when it all got a little weird (not in a good way lol).
I’ve haven’t seen it yet mate but when I do I will keep my expectations in check! I was expecting it to be amazing but I have heard a lot of people say good things about a film before and I have been let down! Lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I’ve haven’t seen it yet mate but when I do I will keep my expectations in check! I was expecting it to be amazing but I have heard a lot of people say good things about a film before and I have been let down! Lol.
Bear in mind I'm not a huge fan of horror, so there was always a good chance it wouldn't be for me... although it wasn't exactly scary anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up liking it though mate. :)

May have to watch that before buying.
Felt the same way about A Quiet Place- massively overrated.
I actually really enjoyed A Quiet Place, even after all the hype... I felt it lived up to it. There was plenty of tension and mystery for me, which can't be said for Heredity IMO.

Bear in mind I'm not a huge fan of horror, so there was always a good chance it wouldn't be for me... although it wasn't exactly scary anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up liking it though mate. :)

I actually really enjoyed A Quiet Place, even after all the hype... I felt it lived up to it. There was plenty of tension and mystery for me, which can't be said for Heredity IMO.

I will let you know what I think when I give it a watch mate! I’m a pretty big horror fan so hopefully I do like it!:)

Reactions: Noodles
May have to watch that before buying.
Felt the same way about A Quiet Place- massively overrated.
Well, it's definitely NOT a Christian's cup of tea.
It's very slow and i wouldnt even say it's your usual horror film. It's more of a mystery/thriller with a few horror elements. It doesnt try to "jump scare" you but it tries to get under your skin. I think it's worth a watch for Toni Collette's acting alone. But also, i loved the way it was filmed. Long shots and wide angles. Not your typical horror film for sure.

Well, it's definitely NOT a Christian's cup of tea.
It's very slow and i wouldnt even say it's your usual horror film. It's more of a mystery/thriller with a few horror elements. It doesnt try to "jump scare" you but it tries to get under your skin. I think it's worth a watch for Toni Collette's acting alone. But also, i loved the way it was filmed. Long shots and wide angles. Not your typical horror film for sure.
No jumps scares/atmospheric horror = winner. Jump scares are a parlor trick, and not actual scares. It's a physiological response.
I'm not a horror movie fan - but love films like The Shining, Rosemary's Baby, It Follows....because they are about actual scary things - no cheap jump scares needed. So, I may like Hereditary. But...the same qualities were said about The Witch, which I found a bore, so....13EBD8BF-63BE-426E-BB2F-8779B0EA6FB1.gif