Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
You didn’t like it then mate! I thought it was good but I can see why a lot of people wouldn’t though. The ending was a bit far fetched but I still enjoyed it.:)
Unfortunately not mate... I really liked the look of the trailer too, so I was very disappointed to not like it. My mind kept wandering throughout, and I felt like it was trying too hard to be a Guy Ritchie film. I figured out the main part of the twist pretty fairly early on as well, so there was no real shock value for me at the end lol.

Reactions: Sigill
Unfortunately not mate... I really liked the look of the trailer too, so I was very disappointed to not like it. My mind kept wandering throughout, and I felt like it was trying too hard to be a Guy Ritchie film. I figured out the main part of the twist pretty fairly early on as well, so there was no real shock value for me at the end lol.
I do see what you mean mate. There was a definate lock stock vibe coming off the 2 gangsters! Lol. I must admit I didn’t catch on to the twist straight away, I usually see them coming but not this one. I think the fact it had Margot Robbie in it may have made me rate it higher than I normally would have!:D

Reactions: Noodles
No jumps scares/atmospheric horror = winner. Jump scares are a parlor trick, and not actual scares. It's a physiological response.
I'm not a horror movie fan - but love films like The Shining, Rosemary's Baby, It Follows....because they are about actual scary things - no cheap jump scares needed. So, I may like Hereditary. But...the same qualities were said about The Witch, which I found a bore, so....View attachment 391803
I’m pretty much the same as you, I loved all those movies you mentioned but didn’t like The Witch at all. I heard a lot of good things about it but it just didn’t work for me. I usually have patience for slow films but with the language they were using I found it really tedious and couldn’t get though to the end.

Village of the Damned 1960
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This superb film adaption by Wolf Rilla of the John Wyndam novel is simply outstanding. No CGI just superb story telling and acting and all the better for it. The Children are genuinely creepy and the film doesn't take any prisoners with the subject matter. Considering the year it was made they get away with a hell of a lot. As big a fan as I am of John Carpenter his remake is simply a travesty of film making and not even worthy of this original.What was he thinking? and this was the guy who give us The Fog, The Thing and Halloween. There is off days and then there was his remake.......

Crack in the World 1965
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is a film about 3 scientists two married and an ex boyfriend in a love triangle. Dana Andrews stars as the scientist whose marriage is in trouble because he can no longer get it up. Oh Yes and there is also a subplot about boring into the earth's core causing the destruction of the world when it all goes wrong. Your average day in the scientific community.

Village of the Damned 1960
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This superb film adaption by Wolf Rilla of the John Wyndam novel is simply outstanding. No CGI just superb story telling and acting and all the better for it. The Children are genuinely creepy and the film doesn't take any prisoners with the subject matter. Considering the year it was made they get away with a hell of a lot. As big a fan as I am of John Carpenter his remake is simply a travesty of film making and not even worthy of this original.What was he thinking? and this was the guy who give us The Fog, The Thing and Halloween. There is off days and then there was his remake.......

Crack in the World 1965
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is a film about 3 scientists two married and an ex boyfriend in a love triangle. Dana Andrews stars as the scientist whose marriage is in trouble because he can no longer get it up. Oh Yes and there is also a subplot about boring into the earth's core causing the destruction of the world when it all goes wrong. Your average day in the scientific community.
As long as you are deep diving into 1960s stuff. Make sure you see Quatermass and The Pit! :thumbs:

I do see what you mean mate. There was a definate lock stock vibe coming off the 2 gangsters! Lol. I must admit I didn’t catch on to the twist straight away, I usually see them coming but not this one. I think the fact it had Margot Robbie in it may have made me rate it higher than I normally would have!:D
I can agree with that... Margot definitely improved it! :drool:

Hell on Frisco Bay 1955
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is a film noir in colour about an ex cop who is released from prison and goes after the people who put him there. Strong performances all round from Alan Ladd and especially Edward G.Robinson. Look out also for a rare but superb performance from the Queen of Scream herself Fay Wray..... An excellent film that is now only getting a proper release on blu-ray. Part of the Warner Archive collection.

The Hanging Tree 1958
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

One of Gary Copper's last roles in a Western. He died two years later of cancer. You often hear the expression "Mean, Moody, Magnificent'. Well this could be the film that coined that phrase. Here Gary Copper is a Doctor working in a Gold rush town with a dark past who helps locals and strangers alike. Without spoiling the film this is a superb Western and it does make me wonder what Gary Copper could have went on to achieve judging by this role. Another of the Warner Archive collection. Highly recommended.

Hound of the Baskervilles 1958
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

It's often debated who is the best TV or film Sherlock Holmes but for me this Hammer classic is the best of all the films ever made. Superb cast, superb atmosphere and unlike most versions there is a strong horror element which is lacking in any other version I have seen. Not one frame of film is wasted and the 1 hour 20 minutes flies back. Also the 1st Colour Sherlock Holmes film. With the likes of Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee what can go wrong. Nothing as far as this fan is concerned. And look out for our favourite 50's and 60's character actor Sam Kydd.......

Last edited:
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

I probably would've enjoyed this even more if the trailers hadn't given away the main twist.