Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
The Iceman (2012)
71PI5wn3f8L._AC_SL1269_.jpg

Good story and acting. I liked the settings and it is somehow a trip through the 60s/70s, but on the dark side. I think this is what the movie makes so remarkable.
7/10

Last edited:
Reactions: jasong
ROGUE ONE

5 ninjas.jpg

Took a long time for me to sit down and watch this and now I'm wanted to slap myself around for waiting so long.

In all the films of the franchise, I have always held that Empire Strikes Back was, to me, the Big Kahuna. Like Elliott Ness it is Untouchable.

But I have to be objective here. I saw this a couple days ago and I'm still blown away by it. The story, acting, battles, character developement...it is all there, and it is there to perfection.

The Prequels utterly suck, with only Sith having any merit, and the Disney closing chapter was, ....well, let's just say the corn tasted like asparagus.

I have to be honest about it, and I'm shocked this has happened because I never thought it possible, but Rogue One is on par with Empire.

Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell (2021)
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png
empty.png

Nomadland (2020)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Swallow (2019)
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png
empty.png

Godzilla Vs. Kong : 6/10 I'm not being snob or anything but IMO the movie sucked. even the battles were boring. Hit, kick, hit, kick. And we knew what would happen in the end. BTW liked the Gozilla film that started this series and Kong Skull Island. Last two movies were super MEH!
Justice League : (huge surprise), even with multiple very stupid events, pls do not ask me to start. I liked the movie. : 8/10. Should have been trimmed sure, but, WTF, I found 4 hours go very soon ... (if you mention this to anyone I say my account was hacked and this is not written by me)

Reactions: vexred and C.C. 95
Godzilla Vs. Kong : 6/10 I'm not being snob or anything but IMO the movie sucked. even the battles were boring. Hit, kick, hit, kick. And we knew what would happen in the end. BTW liked the Gozilla film that started this series and Kong Skull Island. Last two movies were super MEH!
Justice League : (huge surprise), even with multiple very stupid events, pls do not ask me to start. I liked the movie. : 8/10. Should have been trimmed sure, but, WTF, I found 4 hours go very soon ... (if you mention this to anyone I say my account was hacked and this is not written by me)
I'd give a shiny new nickel to anybody who can explain why there is daylight in the Hollow Earth. What, exactly, is lighting up that place? (And why so perilous to get there - back getting out is simple?)
I like spectacle movies as much as the next person. But why so dumb? You can write sonething smart, y'know. Being a big sfx movie and having an intelligent story are not mutually exclusive (*i.e. The Matrix).
and you're right - even in the "brain-turned-off" mode, it isnt that thrilling. I was surprised by how ho-hum the fighting was.
and did anybody notice the opening credits? - the opening credits show the defeat of all the other titans - guaranteeing that the last movie was the last you will see of Rodan, Mothra, etc. ! They killed off all their other monsters in monsterverse in the opening credits!!

Reactions: Space Cadet
I'd give a shiny new nickel to anybody who can explain why there is daylight in the Hollow Earth. What, exactly, is lighting up that place? (And why so perilous to get there - back getting out is simple?)
I like spectacle movies as much as the next person. But why so dumb? You can write sonething smart, y'know. Being a big sfx movie and having an intelligent story are not mutually exclusive (*i.e. The Matrix).
and you're right - even in the "brain-turned-off" mode, it isnt that thrilling. I was surprised by how ho-hum the fighting was.
and did anybody notice the opening credits? - the opening credits show the defeat of all the other titans - guaranteeing that the last movie was the last you will see of Rodan, Mothra, etc. ! They killed off all their other monsters in monsterverse in the opening credits!!

a) I did.
b) I love you.

:thanks:

• Haha
Reactions: C.C. 95
Yeah this /\ /\

I found the film a bit confusing. So Kong was still on Skull Island but now they have a ginormous hi tech structure housing him (like the dome in hunger games complete with fake sky!! :rolleyes:)? When did this happen?

Like you say, the hollow earth was difficult to get into but easy to get out of ( the H.E.A.V can even be driven out by someone with zero experience of that technology!!!) but yet they are back in there again at the end with Kong...... ?

Agree with you also that the films are getting weaker as they go on. Although I slightly preferred this to the last one even though you really have to leave your brain at the door!

Reactions: C.C. 95
Yeah this /\ /\

I found the film a bit confusing. So Kong was still on Skull Island but now they have a ginormous hi tech structure housing him (like the dome in hunger games complete with fake sky!! :rolleyes:)? When did this happen?

Like you say, the hollow earth was difficult to get into but easy to get out of ( the H.E.A.V can even be driven out by someone with zero experience of that technology!!!) but yet they are back in there again at the end with Kong...... ?

Agree with you also that the films are getting weaker as they go on. Although I slightly preferred this to the last one even though you really have to leave your brain at the door!
Yep! I could not enjoy the hollow Earth sequence, because the whole time I'm sitting there waiting for them to explain how the hell there's a light source down here! (These are the things I think about). And these only semi intelligent monkeys are making machines and tools based on this light technology? And when you find this special light rock - all you need to do is scan it and upload it to use it?! And HOW did they know this existed (let alone WORK) in Mechasuit?
there are also more than a few stolen moments from other movies :LOL:
F44F9B0B-D9D8-446C-8C79-D8ECA7BFECC4.gif

69D0A5A7-075D-4D7C-B297-4FC4B615B67A.gif

Yep! I could not enjoy the hollow Earth sequence, because the whole time I'm sitting there waiting for them to explain how the hell there's a light source down here! (These are the things I think about). And these only semi intelligent monkeys are making machines and tools based on this light technology? And when you find this special light rock - all you need to do is scan it and upload it to use it?! And HOW did they know this existed (let alone WORK) in Mechasuit?
there are also more than a few stolen moments from other movies :LOL:
View attachment 502505
View attachment 502506
I noticed that too. Lethal Weapon 2 actually gets acknowledged in the credits!

On another note I was expecting a post credits scene showing where the third head of Ghidorah was located.....

I noticed that too. Lethal Weapon 2 actually gets acknowledged in the credits!

On another note I was expecting a post credits scene showing where the third head of Ghidorah was located.....
Where was the LW2 acknowledgement in the credits?
-they completely abandoned the storyline of the Charles Dance character from the last movie. (And the Ghidorah head he had.
Or did he sell it to that company?)
188DFEDF-1EA0-4738-864F-F2F3D731A272.gif

not a very good script, imo. Mack truck-sized holes in logic.