Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
I have to agree with that assessment, second time around on most movies is almost always going to be a better viewing experience just because you missed the subtle details that you overlooked on the first viewing. Not all movies though, some movies are trash no matter how you look at it or how many times you watch it.
Wait... so GEOSTORM isn't gonna be better the second time around?!:LOL:
(For the record - there isn't gonna be a FIRST time.:naughty::rofl:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Geostorm LMAO what a joke of a movie! Maybe if it's 3 in the morning and there's nothing else on, then maybe. LOL
You know as well as I do - THAT is when you catch up on TV show DVDs and Blu rays!
(Actually, at 3:00 AM weekedays Hallmark channel has a block of FRASIER from 1 AM to 4 AM followed by CHEERS.
so....sorry GEOSTORM.:rofl:)

• Thanks
You know as well as I do - THAT is when you catch up on TV show DVDs and Blu rays!
(Actually, at 3:00 AM weekedays Hallmark channel has a block of FRASIER from 1 AM to 4 AM followed by CHEERS.
so....sorry GEOSTORM.:rofl:)
Frasier!?! OMG your killing me! I would rather watch Sponge Bob or Barney the big purple dinosaur. LMAO No actually I'm more of a CHEERS king of guy. :D No but Frasier's cool I just wasn't into it.

Tobruk 1967

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is a an excellent war movie with Rock Hudson, George Peppard and Jack Watson. A nice boys own adventure. LIke U751 don't be looking to this movie for being accurate. But as a nice bit of escapism passes the time nicely.... Excellent cast by the way and no Jenny Agutter or Donald Sunderland to slow down the pace of the film this time! Some similarities to the film The Battle of the Bulge. The plot i've cut and paste in blue. If anyone is wondering why I don't talk about current films, it's simple, most of the reviews here are for current films so I stick to the older films for those that are interested in films that are actually in black and white, politically incorrect and don't contain CGI........

Set in North Africa during the North African Campaign of World War II, it is a fictionalized story of members of the British Army's Long Range Desert Group (LRDG) and the Special Identification Group (SIG) who endeavour to destroy the fuel bunkers of Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel's Panzer Army Africa in Tobruk. The film is loosely based on the British attacks on German and Italian forces at Tobruk codenamed "Operation Agreement". The film depicts the operation as being successful, although in actuality Operation Agreement was a disastrous failure.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Thanks for the tag @Noodles! Not seen this one yet mate but it does look good from the trailers. I’m waiting to pick up the HMV VHS version. I’m looking forward to checking it out!:)
Hopefully you think it was worth the blind-buy then bud! I also pre-ordered that edition, but recently cancelled it due to funds... tempted to order it again though, but I see they've upped the price since. :facepalm:

Reactions: Sigill
Hopefully you think it was worth the blind-buy then bud! I also pre-ordered that edition, but recently cancelled it due to funds... tempted to order it again though, but I see they've upped the price since. :facepalm:
Yeah I end up blind buying a lot of films as I don’t go to the cinema much. Sometimes I mess up but most of the time I seem to pick ok. Usually the trailer gives you a rough idea although they can be misleading! Lol.

I missed the lower price aswell mate.:( I’ve ordered it at £17.99, I don’t think it’s too bad for a new release! Hopefully I like it now! Lol.:)

Frasier!?! OMG your killing me! I would rather watch Sponge Bob or Barney the big purple dinosaur. LMAO No actually I'm more of a CHEERS king of guy. :D No but Frasier's cool I just wasn't into it.
I never watched when it aired. I remember it winning tins of Emmys. When I finally saw it in syndication - I was like, "Holy ****, this is really well written."
I'd say much better written than Cheers. (And I was huge fan of that back in the day). They do classic chamber/farce episodes that rival anything I have seen done on Broadway.
*if you're gonna get your cartoon on - there is really Just original Warner Brothers cartoons and Ren and Stimpy - the rest pale in comparison.
(Maybe the original The Tick - where you can also get your dinosaur on with Dinosaur Neil!.:D)

• Haha
Yeah I end up blind buying a lot of films as I don’t go to the cinema much. Sometimes I mess up but most of the time I seem to pick ok. Usually the trailer gives you a rough idea although they can be misleading! Lol.

I missed the lower price aswell mate.:( I’ve ordered it at £17.99, I don’t think it’s too bad for a new release! Hopefully I like it now! Lol.:)
You're better at judging them than I am then mate... I had to stop blind-buying stuff because I very rarely ended up enjoying the films I bought lol. I'm sure you won't regret getting this one anyway. ;)

Yeah, the price is still decent to be fair, especially as it's an awesome film! :D

I blind bought the German Mediabook for that. Crazy Nic is always awesome Nic! I feel good about the blind buy!
I didn't even realise there was a mediabook... think I might actually go for that rather then the bulkier VHS edition.

Haha this definitely has a lot of crazy Nic! There's one particular scene where he totally lets loose, and just as you think he's calming down, he kicks off again. :wacky:

• Thanks
Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Wasn't expecting to like this at all, since Sicario is a near masterpiece and didn't require a sequel, plus the trailer's didn't really do anything for me. However, I was gripped from the get-go and now want a third installment! I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised though, as it was written by Taylor Sheridan, who hasn't disappointed me yet.

Tom At The Farm (2014)- I was a little disappointed with this. The story didn’t really go anywhere and the cinematography wasn’t all that impressive. Probably my least favourite Xavier Dolan film I have seen.

F306B800-A8ED-405A-B01A-A65BEB4A25D0.png
F306B800-A8ED-405A-B01A-A65BEB4A25D0.png

Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

I had so much more fun with this than I did the first one, all thanks to Evangeline Lily's The Wasp. She was kick-ass! Which once again proves my point (Black Panther's women being the first example)... Marvel need to give their female characters more attention.