Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
The Wizard of Oz 25th August 1939

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

Not much to add to what noodles has said. Pretty much cinema perfection and the new 4k pressing really shines......
I don't currently have the luxury of watching it in 4K unfortunately. Looking forward to the day that I do though!

Kung Fu Hustle (2004)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

Forgot how much fun this was! And to think I hated it when I first saw it... great example of why you should always give something a second chance.

Universal Soldier 10th July 1992

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

Really enjoyed this 4k pressing. studio canal are on a roll with those old 4k pressings. Haven't watched it in years and very very enjoyable it was.
Hard to believe Jean Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren have been around so long.
Basically the story evolves round dead soldiers who are reanimated and turned into controlled warriors who can regenerate and fight in any situation. But things go wrong when a psycho soldier (Lundgren) remembers his old killing ways and goes on a killing spree. Only his old nemesis Van Damme can stop him....
Yep the film is predictable but enjoyable all the same......
More 4k pressings please Studio Canal of these old classics......

Doctor Sleep
1572766041465.png
1572766048799.png
1572766057715.png
1572766064809.png

Surprised by this. Still a little long, but really enjoyed The Shining follow up. Rebecca Ferguson could have a “Rosie The Hat” film of her own. Well worth a watch.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Double Indemnity 24th April 1944

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

A classic film noir in which a rich widow gets an insurance salesman to kill her husband to collect on the award.
At first the film seems obvious but there is some lovely twists in the tale along the way. And one genuine you didn't see it coming moment.....
Enjoy and a film you can watch over and over again.

Le Mans 66
Nice surprise at the Cineworld secret screening with this. Bale and Damon have great chemistry. I struggled with Bale's UK Northern accent occasionally, but a story of risk, achievement and friendship, with some great driving scenes. Would recommended, especially for any race fans.
8/10

Reactions: vexred and Noodles
Le Mans 66
Nice surprise at the Cineworld secret screening with this. Bale and Damon have great chemistry. I struggled with Bale's UK Northern accent occasionally, but a story of risk, achievement and friendship, with some great driving scenes. Would recommended, especially for any race fans.
8/10

When you say you struggled with his accent, was that because you didn't think it was good or you struggled to understand what he was saying?.

When you say you struggled with his accent, was that because you didn't think it was good or you struggled to understand what he was saying?.
I didnt rate it. It sounded Yorshire, but only just, not a big deal.
PS. Love Moneyball.

Reactions: vexred
Doctor Sleep

1572766041465.png
1572766048799.png
1572766057715.png
1572766064809.png

While many love it, I don't care much for 'The Shining' - slow paced and overrated for me, so was somewhat apprehensive of this sequel.
Also, Stephen King film adaptations tend to be abit of hit & miss for me... more miss than hits.
However, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie far more than The Shining.

I was alittle disappointed how Rebecca Ferguson's Rose character turned out in the end. There was alot of build up as to how strong and deadly this character was but her end felt abit timid and didn't live up to the anticipation

Reactions: Noodles
The Enforcer (Murder Incorporated UK title) 25th January 1951

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

One of my favourite Bogart films. He plays a District Attorney called Martin Ferguson who's after a notorious ring of hired hitmen led by Albert Mendoza. His only witness Joe Rico one of Mendoza's hitman who will testify if he gets immunity. But things don't go to plan. A gripping thriller with an unexpected twist and Bogart in top form. A must see film and surprisingly brutal even by today's standards...... OK we're not talking 1st House on the Left 21st century but by the standards of the 50's it sure wasn't tame.
And a rare time when the film could not have been done in colour.......

Reactions: jasong