Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
The Brothers Grimsby

1578820280753.png
1578820287802.png
1578820293021.png
1578820300770.png

No matter how many times I see this film it still makes me laugh :spoil: :rofl:

Reactions: vexred
Underwater

1578820280753.png
1578820287802.png

After see the news and poster for this I was looking forward to a creature feature movie.
Though I have to say this is more a disaster movie first while the creature feature aspect was more an afterthought, that imo was underused.
It wasn't too bad, overall was an ok film with some decent tense moments.

Reactions: vexred
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Finally saw this yesterday and I'm still unsure how I feel about it... initially I really enjoyed it and found it very entertaining, but the more I think about it, the more I find myself picking it apart and realising there was a lot I didn't quite like in regards to how the story and certain character arcs played out (similar case with TLJ), but there was also a lot I loved about it. So not a bad film at all and certainly not the worst Star Wars as critics are making out. I'm definitely in need of a rewatch though!

Last edited:
View attachment 459363View attachment 459363View attachment 459363View attachment 459363View attachment 459362

Finally saw this yesterday and I'm still unsure how I feel about it... initially I really enjoyed it and found it very entertaining, but the more I think about it, the more I find myself picking it apart and realising there was a lot I didn't quite like in regards to how the story and certain character arcs played out (similar case with TLJ), but there was also a lot I loved about it. So not a bad film at all and certainly not the worst Star Wars as critics are making out. I'm definitely in need of a rewatch though!

On Monday I finally re-watched The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi back to back. That was only the third time that I have seen Force and only the second time for Jedi but I liked both of them better this time around.

I guess something I have always kind of known is that it's often easier for me to like a movie more with a repeat viewing when I know what to expect this time around :LOL:. I'm hoping to finally see The Rise Of Skywalker today. I'm sure I will probably have mixed feelings about it and then wonder if I liked it much after spending time thinking about what I saw. That's what happens with me when I don't find a movie to be a clear winner immediately (a clear winner like a "Back To The Future", "Terminator 2" or "Raiders Of The Lost Ark").

But perhaps with a repeat viewing, already knowing what happens and how it ends, will make it better.

Having said that, no amount of repeat viewings are going to help me like those '70's movies mentioned in the "1917" thread :LOL:.

Reactions: Noodles
On Monday I finally re-watched The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi back to back. That was only the third time that I have seen Force and only the second time for Jedi but I liked both of them better this time around.

I guess something I have always kind of known is that it's often easier for me to like a movie more with a repeat viewing when I know what to expect this time around :LOL:. I'm hoping to finally see The Rise Of Skywalker today. I'm sure I will probably have mixed feelings about it and then wonder if I liked it much after spending time thinking about what I saw. That's what happens with me when I don't find a movie to be a clear winner immediately (a clear winner like a "Back To The Future", "Terminator 2" or "Raiders Of The Lost Ark").

But perhaps with a repeat viewing, already knowing what happens and how it ends, will make it better.

Having said that, no amount of repeat viewings are going to help me like those '70's movies mentioned in the "1917" thread :LOL:.
I've watched Force Awakens countless times as I love the introduction of new characters and worlds... it all felt so refreshing but also familiar at the same time. I initially enjoyed Last Jedi, but upon having time to reflect, I soon began to dislike a lot of things about it and haven't even felt like revisiting it. That being said, I do look forward to watching them all back-to-back once Rise of Skywalker is released on Blu-ray.

I'm exactly the same as you anyway... I also often find that I enjoy certain films a lot more after rewatching them. As you said, you know what to expect and can therefore just sit back and enjoy it without wasting time trying to pick it apart in the moment and make sense of it all. Glad to hear that was the case for you with TFA and TLJ. I'm like 99% sure I'll have a blast with all 3 films upon rewatching them and seeing the story unfold as a whole.

As for those 70s films... I guess they're just not for us, obviously lol.

Reactions: Stygian

1579235100234.png
1579235108663.png
1579235113329.png
1579235118040.png
1579235142612.png

I'm sure I will probably have mixed feelings about it and then wonder if I liked it much after spending time thinking about what I saw.

Well I was wrong about that! :LOL: I enjoyed this! I must admit that it was quite easy to predict the moment that each familiar face was going to appear as well as what happens with each character before it actually happens.

Like I mentioned in post #3,548 above, sometimes it's easier to like a movie the second time around because you know what to expect and know what's going to happen. Well without any real surprises (except one for me and like I said easily figuring out what was going to happen next all through the movie) it was easier being satisfied with this movie on the first viewing.

I didn't need this to be anything new or groundbreaking. This whole trilogy (especially this chapter) was really just a remake of the original trilogy and in the end I'm OK with that. :happy:

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

Kinda s***s all over T2 within the first few minutes, but apart from that it was entertaining enough and Linda Hamilton was great!

Reactions: jasong
The Gentlemen
7/10
Guy Richie doing his thing. Good film, entertaining. Hugh Grant is superb. Michelle Dockery, delicious.

Widows (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

Pretty much loved everything Steve McQueen (the director) has put out so far, but this was honestly quite average.