Ready Player One (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #4) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 13, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV (Pre-order on April 27)
Price: £29.99
Note: Includes a Phosphorescent A3 poster, see preview HERE, and pin.

IMG_8008.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: komor
Definitely seems like the whole "Titans of Cult" thing was more of a "Yeah this is a cool name" than an actual mission statement.

Titans of Cult #5 is probably going to be Dredd.

Well, I think there is a difference between CULT CLASSIC and CULT FOLLOWING. There are films that are cult , deemed cult, etc. that many would not consider a classic.

Drive has a cult following, Dredd in general has a cult following, Mad Max Fury Road definitely has a cult following, same with RPO in my view as it never got the true love it deserved but still popular enough to be a cult hit in years to come when their are fandoms etc for it. Wonder Woman might be walking a thin line as it was a huge blockbuster, but doesnt deny it's had cult like following fame to go with it.

But I do think WB need to dig deeper into the archive as their are more films that are more cult like. The Matrix for example was cult for a long time before it became a huge franchise.

I'd take an After Hours steelbook, heck, I could make a huge list of cult films from WB alone that they could choose from instead of popular blockbusters from the past few years that already have steelbooks.

Reactions: C.C. 95
With Fury Road and RP1 they choose two of my favourite movies of the last years. I don't know if they are or will be cult. Of course it might be hard to reach the status of Blade Runner. But I can't get enough of them, so perfect choice for me. It will be RP1 edition number seven and Fury Road number nine in my collection.
But Wonder Woman? Really?

Could have been worse, could have been Justice League :p

B677210C-C992-4E43-BF2B-5BB77533A5ED.jpeg

I'd take an After Hours steelbook, heck, I could make a huge list of cult films from WB alone that they could choose from instead of popular blockbusters from the past few years that already have steelbooks.

my options for new warner bros ones would be:
- the fugitive
- Robin Hood prince of thieves
- under siege
- demolition man

saying that, I’m picking this one up. I like the film and it looks cool. And that’s enough for me.

With the art they are using I don't think I want Titans Of Cult to release any of those titles mentioned above.
I doubt I would recognize any of them unless I looked at the title on the spine.

I'd like to see them do The Matrix... Top 3 film for me which I know has had quite a few steelbook releases already (duh, it's Warner Bros), but surprisingly there's never been a premium package. Plus the only artwork used on a steel that I've genuinely loved is the very first one that was released in the US and Canada with the baby pod on the front.

I’m actually lost for words.

Just because the film has a CGI Chucky, freddy Krueger, iron giant and the teenage mutant ninja turtles it don’t make it cult.

As much as I like this film, it’s the wrong choice

can someone let these guys know where they're going wrong please. I’m sure someone in the higher ranks of this site knows who they are. Apollon had “Secret” knowledge the other day so maybe he can.

Although I’m not a big blade runner fan and I hated that art, I was still half looking forward to what other ‘cult’ films there were going to tackle. I want the never ending story, big trouble (although been done a few times), return to oz etc etc etc. Not this crap. But no, looks like it will be blockbuster WB films from the last 5 years which manta and zeta have a handle on and handled them well
i am in two minds, as i like the alt. approach they are taking to the physical releases and designs themselves, but the name is annoying me. like a label being called Mainstream Films and only releasing obscure 70s explotation flicks. just irritates in an irrational way. :confused: i wish them luck - haven't bought any yet, though!

i'd anticipate that a company called 'Titans of Cult' should be releasing Repo Man, Angel Heart, Paris Texas, the original Dune (as per your post in the other thread), Being John Malkovich or Withnail & I (which i always say, as it's one of my favourite films ever). maybe they'll be my first releases when i start up my own micro-retailer... :rolleyes: :watch:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo and djjez83
I kind of had a feeling this would be the least desirable of the announced titles. But, aside from the art, I wonder if it’s going to have some kind of color changing aspect. Looks like each visible steelbook rendering seems to have a slight change. Almost like a holofoil effect.

Reactions: djjez83
I kind of had a feeling this would be the least desirable of the announced titles. But, aside from the art, I wonder if it’s going to have some kind of color changing aspect. Looks like each visible steelbook rendering seems to have a slight change. Almost like a holofoil effect.

I doubt it on a steelbook but admittedly could look cool

problem with this design, it’s too much like the crappy WWA release. Okay gloss might help and bossing but it’s too similar to that

Reactions: Loony_Tic
I really like the ToC Blade Runner Steelbook so was looking forward to seeing what this one will look like (especially as its a decent film!)...have to say I'm not impressed! Doesn't look anything special at all! :( Think the Mad Max one is the only one I'll be contemplating getting out of the three upcoming releases.

Going by description in the Instagram post there will be colour changing used as shown in the image
As to how that is done ? at the moment