Ready Player One (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #4) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 13, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV (Pre-order on April 27)
Price: £29.99
Note: Includes a Phosphorescent A3 poster, see preview HERE, and pin.

IMG_8008.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: komor
Next title should be something no one ever released before... like Ex_Machina *giggles*

Well I hope the incentive that comes with this package is a copy of Half Life: Alyx and Valve Index for that real VR gaming experience :D

Then I may seriously invest in this steelbook to rest my beer on... joking aside, I think this will be something different in hand, but it's just too damn close to WWA and do I need another copy since I also own HDZ OC...?

• Haha
Reactions: willbar84
Looks like something you would see hanging in your local Chinese takeaway.
Disappointing they went with the purple as it just makes it like all the others out there, I thought they were all about doing something different.

• Haha
Reactions: luke98
Hmm yeah, not really feeling that artwork... not entirely sure what it's even meant to be tbh (snakes twisting around some sort of platform?). I reckon the finish will make it or break it for most folks though.

Hmm yeah, not really feeling that artwork... not entirely sure what it's even meant to be tbh (snakes twisting around some sort of platform?). I reckon the finish will make it or break it for most folks though.
Surely it's a trophy ;) I agree, It's all down to if the finish is spectacular, (glossed, embossed, & debossed, colour changing paint - they pay us to have it, not we pay them; I'm probably expecting too much) and its got to be to shift unit's, create recognition & momentum for ToC...

Problem is, every keeps talking about the steelbook, what about the discussion around the extra gifts and packaging, has everyone forgotten we need essentials (eg. coasters) et al :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles
Surely it's a trophy ;) I agree, It's all down to if the finish is spectacular, (glossed, embossed, & debossed, colour changing paint - they pay us to have it, not we pay them; I'm probably expecting too much) and its got to be to shift unit's, create recognition & momentum for ToC...

Problem is, every keeps talking about the steelbook, what about the discussion around the extra gifts and packaging, has everyone forgotten we need essentials (eg. coasters) et al :thumbs:
Was that in the film then? I've seen it once and wasn't all that blown away by it, so don't have much memory of the details... I just remember something about keys.

Was that in the film then? I've seen it once and wasn't all that blown away by it, so don't have much memory of the details... I just remember something about keys.
I also remember the keys, and the Easter egg at the end - don't think there was a trophy either TBH, though can understand why they went with the illustration they did. I just see what I see, though, you might as well put something Stanley Kubrick shining related or Alien (I remember them Easter eggs) on this and something else would resonate better with collectors IMO.

Reactions: Noodles
Since got Blade Runner I have to collect rest. I'd love to see some older titles like Gremlins or ones that have never been released on Blu-ray, like Bicentennial Man. This collection could be huge if done right.

I’m actually lost for words.

Just because the film has a CGI Chucky, freddy Krueger, iron giant and the teenage mutant ninja turtles it don’t make it cult.

As much as I like this film, it’s the wrong choice

can someone let these guys know where they're going wrong please. I’m sure someone in the higher ranks of this site knows who they are. Apollon had “Secret” knowledge the other day so maybe he can.

Although I’m not a big blade runner fan and I hated that art, I was still half looking forward to what other ‘cult’ films there were going to tackle. I want the never ending story, big trouble (although been done a few times), return to oz etc etc etc. Not this crap. But no, looks like it will be blockbuster WB films from the last 5 years which manta and zeta have a handle on and handled them well

True

Blade Runner - Cult
Wonder Woman - Nope
Mad Max Fury Road - Well received but still no, Road Warrior or the first film is more of a cult film
Ready Player One - Obviously not

I don't think they understand what cult means

Warner Bros films which I think are more cult worthy

The Shining, Once Upon a Time in America, Full Metal Jacket, The Goonies, Lethal Weapon, Beetlejuice, Batman, National Lampoons Vacation, The Lost Boys, Gremlins, Caddyshack, Creepshow...

Reactions: davhyl