Real Steel

Would you purchase a "Real Steel" Steelbook?

• Yes-regardless of the art

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • No, I have no interest in this film, so I won't buy the Steelbook

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Maybe-I'd need to see the art work first

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I have been asked to gauge interest in a steelbook of this title. Is this something you would buy? Only if the movie is great, good, etc. Or would awesome artwork sway you into a purchase?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sutti69 and ocielz
Going to reply for both movies here.

Personally I would only buy a SB if the movie is good/rewatchable. Replace either of the two movies with "Skyline" and see how many people would bite for a premium price.

That was a horrific flick. Absolutely crap in every aspect from story to effects and acting. The Steel reuses the same poster artwork which was merely okay but even a great piece of art would not convince me to buy it. Why would I want to pay more $ for a movie that should be one of the worst of the decade, and we're only a year into the new decade, mind you.

If a movie isn't that great of is not really rewatchable but good, great artwork will swing my vote from no to yes. I'm waiting on Adjustment Bureau because unfortunately I missed that in theatres despite being the most anticipated on my list, fml, but the poster artwork was terrible. Hopefully like Paul, Universal will create better artwork for the SB.

Of course there are a lot of people here who buy and keep the movie sealed so you know, that's their prerogative on what they value.

I saw the trailer for this, and i thought hmmmm.... Then i did something I've rarely ever done, i watched it again straight after. The more I saw of it, the better it seems.
It looks like Robot wars on crack, heroin and speed in a blender set to 11...
A mix of The Fighter and Transformers, with Jackman in the middle. It would be awesome to get some serious art work on this possible steelbook.
I'm pretty sure i'd buy it either was, if i liked the movie or not, but the artwork is the main and biggest draw for me.

So a thumbs up from me...:scat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of "One Must Fall". Showing my age now. Enjoyable that was tho. Yup I'd buy the Steel. Generally I'll buy a Steel if there is one I'm in a position where I can, however wife would prefer it if I wasn't and there are some atrocious Steels out there especially from Germany.
An example bought 8 Quersteels and because they were so cheap (€8?) I bought 2 copies of Far Cry (the film). one I gave to Deadalus3000 to shut him up, the other the disc was loose so I openned it and slung it in to watch. I managed 20 minutes and that was pushing it. Wish I'd tried AP's method and fixed the disc, would have saved me having to watch it.

Just watched this movie, it's a great film :scat:
Desperately need this movie in steelbook :drool:

this movie is GOOD :D
Over The Top kind-a Rocky, only happens in the era of internet :p

i'll buy if they have a package with the OST, which is also superb

Yep, I know I've already cast my vote, but I saw this last week on IMAX and what and awesome movie. I hope that a steelbook of this comes up, hopefully all round the world so I can double or even triple dip....lol...

It would have to have very nice artwork for me to buy. I am only buying steels with awesome artwork from now on.

It would have to have very nice artwork for me to buy. I am only buying steels with awesome artwork from now on.

I'm at that point too. Too many lazy steelbooks coming out with with no inner artwork which is big pet peeve of mine moving forward. That's why I voted "maybe"

i like the look of this film and would buy a steel of it, but it isnt all about the film, studios should realise we want good artwork aswell ie, no ratings printed, inside art, rear art and this doesent mean stick the movie info on the back that is not art please use card sleeves for that oh and nearly forgot G2 SIZE!!.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shanester
i like the look of this film and would buy a steel of it, but it isnt all about the film, studios should realise we want good artwork aswell ie, no ratings printed, inside art, rear art and this doesent mean stick the movie info on the back that is not art please use card sleeves for that oh and nearly forgot G2 SIZE!!.

Yes!! G2 is the most important thing of all!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.