Reavon

Best choice ever ;)
:LOL:Thank you!
tucked away for future service.:D
B88DB167-4B91-4FE9-8AF5-C14814CBB854.jpeg

That's awesome! Congrats! I hope it has all the bells and whistles the Oppo has.
(like being able to watch a foreign blu ray and use subtitles off a USB stick - I LOVE that!)
Is 3-4 months how long it takes to get one?

I've _heard_ from big boys that normal sony blu-ray player's are capable of playing movies and subs (.srt for excample) from usb.

brows.gif

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95
Same for all 'available' HDR formats. I'm member of an European AV forum where we review all kind of AV equipment (focus on HT). This new addition to the AV world is heavily overpriced for what is offered. Ok, it's a new brand but for example the sound quality lacks detail which is crazy for an 1000+€ machine. Got myself an Oppo 203 ( and a Cinemike edition stuff/level 2 on its way) and a Panasonic 9000 and those are (imo -to avoid clashes) worth their retail price... This is not (again, my reviewers opinion)....
Internals... Say no more... ;)

X100
Reavon-UBR-X100-Analog.jpg

Oppo 203
UDP-203-internal-hr_klein.jpg

X200
Reavon-UBR-X200-Innenansicht.jpg

Oppo 205
UDP-205-internal-hr-800x500_c.jpg

No comparison...

Last edited:
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: larson1977
@larson1977 You think it's funny that there's more technology in the Reavon than there is in the Oppo. I think your funny and you don't know how technology works. The reavon is sporting more IC chips needing less capacitors, it's more of a computer than the Oppo ever was. This is how technology works while your wanting more and more capacitors while the way it works is by adding more IC chips and programming there lessening the need for more capacitors. Like I said I've read every piece of info there is on this on the internet about the Reavon. I was in Networking and I did IT work I understand the inner workings of how the industry works. You need to do your research instead of making false claims. You did a good thing though, with those pictures you showed how much better the Reavon is compared with the Oppo, nice work. :D

Reactions: larson1977
@larson1977 You think it's funny that there's more technology in the Reavon than there is in the Oppo. I think your funny and you don't know how technology works. The reavon is sporting more IC chips needing less capacitors, it's more of a computer than the Oppo ever was. This is how technology works while your wanting more and more capacitors while the way it works is by adding more IC chips and programming there lessening the need for more capacitors. Like I said I've read every piece of info there is on this on the internet about the Reavon. I was in Networking and I did IT work I understand the inner workings of how the industry works. You need to do your research instead of making false claims. You did a good thing though, with those pictures you showed how much better the Reavon is compared with the Oppo, nice work. :D
Don't need to get serious. You made your point and already made up your mind about a machine you never saw in real live and not see 'working'. My opinion (X100 -after comparison with Oppo 203 and Panasonic 9000) is still; nice addition to the AV world but heavily overpriced for a rebranded UHD player. All research & development from Zappitti went into designing a new cardboard box ;)

You made your point and already made up your mind about a machine you never saw in real live and not see 'working'.
I've made up my mind because I've researched it more than you have and you keep making empty and false claims on a piece of tech that you know nothing about.
Don't need to get serious.
Like I said yes I am serious about this why wouldn't I be since I'm spending so much money on it and I've done the research on it and evidently you have not. So whatever floats your boat.
My opinion
Yes that's exactly right, your opinion...that's all it is.

I've made up my mind because I've researched it more than you have and you keep making empty and false claims on a piece of tech that you know nothing about.

Like I said yes I am serious about this why wouldn't I be since I'm spending so much money on it and I've done the research on it and evidently you have not. So whatever floats your boat.

Yes that's exactly right, your opinion...that's all it is.
Like I said;
Don't need to get serious. You made your point and already made up your mind about a machine you never saw in real live and not see 'working'. My opinion (X100 -after comparison with Oppo 203 and Panasonic 9000) is still; nice addition to the AV world but heavily overpriced for a rebranded UHD player. All research & development from Zappitti went into designing a new cardboard box ;)
Real Live comparison mon amie...
But again, no hard feelings
2JCHKYQ.gif

What gets me is why you refuse to do the research and just make false claims but to each his own. I guess some people are just stubborn that way.
So a comparison session with the 3 UHD players which I mentioned numerous times in one setup is not 'doing research' and just reading -and posting advertised reviews for equipment you get in hand in about 4 months, is?

Ok ...

So a comparison session with the 3 UHD players which I mentioned numerous times in one setup is not 'doing research' and just reading -and posting advertised reviews for equipment you get in hand in about 4 months, is?

Ok ...
Like I said the technology is better in the Reavon X200 than any other player, even the Oppo, if you read the reviews and teardowns of the unit and even looking at the pictures you can clearly see it's a better player but whatever floats your boat...your going to believe what you believe when the evidence is staring you in the face. Your refusal to learn and clearly see what's in front of you baffles me to no end. An example of refusal to know the difference when the truth is staring that person in the face. :coffee: (n)

Like I said the technology is better in the Reavon X200 than any other player, even the Oppo, if you read the reviews and teardowns of the unit and even looking at the pictures you can clearly see it's a better player but whatever floats your boat...your going to believe what you believe when the evidence is staring you in the face. Your refusal to learn and clearly see what's in front of you baffles me to no end. An example of refusal to know the difference when the truth is staring that person in the face. :coffee: (n)

images.jpeg

I got to respect that.... True, I do....

Meanwhile, here are some pics so you can see how it looks when 'In hand', during the comparison session (read: research) ;)

DFB03D13-C93A-47D4-88F6-173EEF93A95F_20210830003838745.jpg
929D82D6-3AAD-453A-A2A6-39BC49196B3B_20210830003830172.jpg

0A2BBB97-DB7D-400C-9F5A-542C475CD891_20210830003820067.jpg

904C87A8-460C-4E31-A5F1-CE7474E9A8E8_20210830003810657.jpg
722687E5-D65C-451D-AF03-74F91A14050E_20210830003800268.jpg

0AA796DC-D053-49FE-A5CF-71948EA66DD4_20210830003750451.jpg

your going to believe what you believe when the evidence is staring you in the face. Your refusal to learn and clearly see what's in front of you baffles me to no end. An example of refusal to know the difference when the truth is staring that person in the face. :coffee: (n)
The X200 is literally staring in my face :)

Ok so then you just don't like it, don't say it has inferior components when it's been proven that it's way better than its predecessors like the Oppo and the Panasonic. If you don't like it then just say that instead of sh!tting all over it.

Proven by who? Zappitti? Technodad? And if so, the (ok, let's call it) 'better components' didn't show better performance during 'live' review sessions. Like I mentioned before PQ quality was almost the same but audio lacked definition, detail and very important for home cinema, dynamics. As a reviewer, for a €1500+ piece of equipment I expected 'better', case closed...

Let's just agree to disagree

Proven by who? Zappitti? Technodad? And if so, the (ok, let's call it) 'better components' didn't show better performance during 'live' review sessions. Like I mentioned before PQ quality was almost the same but audio lacked definition, detail and very important for home cinema, dynamics. As a reviewer, for a €1500+ piece of equipment I expected 'better', case closed...

Let's just agree to disagree
Yes proven that is has better components, like more IC chips for better programming therefore reducing the need for more capacitors, better disc loader, better transformer. Also I never said the reviews came from there all I said was I was making my purchase in 3-4 month through Zappitti. If you can't get on the internet and look this info up then that's your inability to face the truth. A perfect analogy would be "standing in front of the Statue of Liberty and saying that's not really there, it's just a figment of your imagination". That's exactly what your doing but c'est la vie. I don't have time for this continued back and forth I have better things to do, you go on being stubborn to it all as much as you like. I'm done with it. (n)

If you can't get on the internet and look this info up then that's your inability to face the truth. A perfect analogy would be "standing in front of the Statue of Liberty and saying that's not really there, it's just a figment of your imagination". That's exactly what your doing but c'est la vie. I don't have time for this continued back and forth I have better things to do, you go on being stubborn to it all as much as you like. I'm done with it. (n)
It's getting a little bit annoying (and the way how is pretty insulting- ) to reply on a statements based on others opinions, not yours, taken for the absolute truth, without even reading the post where you reply on!

You're really gainsaying someone who has physical reviewed the X200 and reply with info from the web (which are or 'sponsored' or published by the rebrander called Zappitti)? Even their other products like the pro series media players (€1500+) are not flawless. Might be a case of not enough knowledge stolen from Dune back in the days... But their movie-cover-catalogin' system is nice ;)

AGAIN..... READ FULL(!) PLEASE POST:
Meanwhile, here are some pics so you can see how it looks when 'In hand', during the comparison session (read: research) ;)

View attachment 515808View attachment 515809
View attachment 515810
View attachment 515811View attachment 515812
View attachment 515813

The X200 is literally staring in my face :)
Pics are also posted on HTforum.nl (please check with 'Google image', read with translation and get informed)

And again, it's no shame to 'agree to disagree'. Peace out ✌️

Last edited:
To those out there wanting a honest unbiased professional review please read this article HERE and let there words convince you rather than one persons disgruntled assumptions or mine for that matter. Please don't let one persons pics of an unboxing sway your judgment as an UNBOXING is no review at all just somebody's overglorified impressions. Let the words from an unbiased review convince you rather than my word or someone else's on here biased assumption sway you. You make your own judgement, not mine or anybody elses on this forum.

What's shameful is when some people can't admit when they are in the wrong.