Region Free Blu Ray Player

Jnavotheman

Everything burns...
Premium Supporter
May 5, 2013
O Hi O
I dont know if this is the right place to ask but Im looking for one and I do not even begin to know where to look. Any suggestions? (I live in the USA)

I think this is going to sell out in record time just like Rush....:ohno:

It will be down to luck again who manages to fight their way through Kimchi's servers.....:hilarious:

@ Chip.....7.1 Analogue out, multi region player, Oppo BDP-105. That's what I use and it's one incredible machine!!

:D

I love the OPPO BDP-105! It's an excellent, well built player. :scat:

I think this is going to sell out in record time just like Rush....:ohno:

It will be down to luck again who manages to fight their way through Kimchi's servers.....:hilarious:

@ Chip.....7.1 Analogue out, multi region player, Oppo BDP-105. That's what I use and it's one incredible machine!!

:D

Oppo BDP-105 the Price EEK!
There are lot of cheaper options available

Back to the Steelbook I hope we see final specs before it goes live I want to know about the Discs Contents as in extras etc

Last edited:
Oppo BDP-105 the Price EEK!
There are lot of cheaper options available

Back to the Steelbook I hope we see final specs before it goes live I want to know about the Discs Contents as in extras etc

$1,299.99 + $27.60 shipping EEK!

I said cheap!!! :hilarious:

I've got the darbee version. Worth every penny. Provides a cracking upscaled 4k pic to the 4k curve pro calibrated tv

Snow piercer was a good film, I enjoyed it but hadn't heard about it until I took a gamble on the French release. Is the fi really that popular to sell out all these copies quicker than Rush !??!

I've got the darbee version. Worth every penny. Provides a cracking upscaled 4k pic to the 4k curve pro calibrated tv

Snow piercer was a good film, I enjoyed it but hadn't heard about it until I took a gamble on the French release. Is the fi really that popular to sell out all these copies quicker than Rush !??!

Doesnt it take like 4 hdmi outputs to provide 4K feed?

No. Just one hdmi output to the tv. The oppo has two hdmi outputs and two inputs.

I always thought hdmi's bandwidth couldn't do 4K or is that true 4K that I am talking about? My understanding was the bandwidth around 2-3 times more even with the advanced compression.

I always thought hdmi's bandwidth couldn't do 4K or is that true 4K that I am talking about? My understanding was the bandwidth around 2-3 times more even with the advanced compression.

4k upscaled from the oppo is fine

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blu-steel

HDMI 1.4 isn't capable of true 4k but it will still upscale. You will need to find a 4k player with HDMI 2.0 to achieve the full 60FPS of UHD.

Check this out.

HDMI 1.4 isn't capable of true 4k but it will still upscale. You will need to find a 4k player with HDMI 2.0 to achieve the full 60FPS of UHD.

Check this out.

The BBC and BskyB are not happy with 50fps for sport. They've both carried out tests and found very unsatisfactory results and so they're pushing for 100fps throwing hdmi 2.0 out and pushing for the appendix in hdmi 2.1.

The standard for UHD has NOT been finalised yet but I'm more than happy to upscale, I've seen improvements in finer detail and the huge expansion of colour in UHD color mode. Plus netflix 4k streaming is built into the app on the tv and so hdmi doesn't factor in

Reactions: Troll2Fan
Yeah, I've read where sports viewing isn't the best looking on UHD.

I'm fine with up scaling too and don't have an issue with it. I just dread upgrading my receiver and player since they're only 2 years old. Lol

Yeah, I've read where sports viewing isn't the best looking on UHD.

I'm fine with up scaling too and don't have an issue with it. I just dread upgrading my receiver and player since they're only 2 years old. Lol

We'll be fine. 4KBD isn't coming anytime soon