Region Free Blu-ray Players (World Wide List)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Post models/tips here for multi-region players.

Models for Purchase in the US

OPPO BDP-103-Link -requires kit to make region free.

SONY BDP-S1100 Link

Models for Purchase in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, can someone give me the scoop on a player that's easily available and thrifty in price. Any models? Don't go easy on me, haha

Sent from the bridge of the Normandy

Reactions: yakudza
Hey guys, I could use some help. I just purchased a Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD which clearly said it was a Multi-Region (thought it came with a Mod installed or something) but I can't seem to switch the regions, neither the DVD ones nor the Blu-Ray's.

Here's a link of the product I bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009UY2A3C/?tag=hidefnin-20

Anybody else has the same model and could offer some assistance?

Thanks!

Someone on amazon wrote this:
Tania C said:
The device must be off and, if I remember correctly, you must press Power+1 or 2 or 3 (depending on the region you want).
There is no beeps or any type of notification to advise you that it has changed, but it works.
When you start the device it will read the region for which you have selected.

Give that a go.

Reactions: fcagno
is the panasonic BDT 220 region free??

Product Highlights
  • Plays All Region Blu-ray (A,B,C) Discs
    Plays All Region Standard DVDs

per bhphotovideo.com

I don't think it is all region brand new out of the box. May have been modified to make it region free. It is well known that Panasonic's do however have the capability to play other region discs using region free trick. Doesn't always work on all discs though sadly. Bought a Orei 3d region free player from amazon. Works absolutely amazingly and for $100 less

Reactions: Buffalo MX
i was looking at this for importing region a movies

but now its not really worth it, the currency exchange rate has put importing too expensive :mad:

why don't you try totalmedia?? I have used it for almost 2 years.when i bought it, to my surprise, it can change region code, thus i'm never worried about relaxing myself when on business. It's an easy to use and professional blu ray player software for windows, including Windows 8. of course, it fully integrates with Windows Media Center too. maybe you should try. believe me, it is satisfying

Seiki SR212S

I'm a little surprised that there's been no mention of this player. I've had one for a couple of months and it works fine as a region free player. You can get it from Sears/Kmart for $60. I guess it's basically the same player as the Seiki 660. It uses the same input code;home/setup 8520. It's played all of my region b discs and converts 50/60.

I just bought my second player last week for another room. It is a cheap,basic player but it does the job.

I'm a little surprised that there's been no mention of this player. I've had one for a couple of months and it works fine as a region free player. You can get it from Sears/Kmart for $60. I guess it's basically the same player as the Seiki 660. It uses the same input code;home/setup 8520. It's played all of my region b discs and converts 50/60.

I just bought my second player last week for another room. It is a cheap,basic player but it does the job.

As far as Im concerned, this player is only available in Canada, am I correct?

Seiki SR212S

I believe the Seiki 660 is only available from Canada. I was talking about the SR212S, which is available in the US. I've only seen this model at Sears and Kmart. I just assumed it was similar to the 660, but I don't really know since I've never owned or even seen a 660.

Anyway, the 212S is a nice cheap player that's been working for me. Hope that cleared up any confusion about my post...

Help needed...

I've got a Seiki BD660 that I purchased in 2010. Works great for some DVDs I had while a postdoc in Germany. However, lately I've noticed that it's having a hard time with some newer discs (old ones play fine). I've never update the firmware, and now it seems that seiki is no longer selling the unit, and the firmware update has been taken down from their site. Anyone know if there is someplace else one could find a copy of the lastest firmware? Thanks...

I ended up buying an regionfree Panasonic DMP BD75 from them. It works excellent, they had great customer service and very good prices.
So thanks for the recommendation and I can only do the same for others looking to get a regionfree BD-player.

FYI, the player had been hardware modified to multi voltage so that it plays all over the world and they included a poweradapter. They even inlcuded a free HDMI with my order but that's only a limited time offer.

http://www.bombayelectronics.com/Panasonic_DMP_BD75_Multi_Region_DVD_Blu_Ray_Player_p/pa_dmpbd75.htm

Well my SEIKI BD660 died on me. Problem with HDMI connection of the player. I've had this problem going on from time to time since the beginning of the year. I've tried everything and I mean everything, but my TV doesn't receive the connection anymore. The SEIKI served me very well for three years.

Today I received my new region free player, the SONY BDP-S1100 (hardware modified). I knew it came with an HDMI cable, but actually had two HDMI cables in the box. :D

The new player is now installed and works perfectly. I just have to press 1 for region A or 2 for B or 3 for C on the remote before turning on the player. This will be only a region B for Blu and 2 for DVD player as I have another player for region A/1.

Looking to get my hands on a good Blu ray player that plays region free blu rays. Whats a good one fellas?

Thanks!

Hey folks, I am considering the SONY BDP-S1100.

Here is the link from Bombay:
http://www.bombayelectronics.com/Sony_BDP_S1100_1080p_HDMI_Blu_ray_Disc_Player_p/so_bdps1100.htm

There's also a couple sellers with these on ebay for $169 obo.
Anyone have any advice or know of any better deals/ideas?

Is this the same one from best buy? Would I have to do any mods to it to make it region free? If not I'm getting it because its $100 less.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&st=sony+blu+ray+player

Hey guys, I am trying to compile a list of region free players that are still available now, in the OP of this thread, so we can help members refer to a list. Please feel free to chime in with further suggestions, and whether the player you are referencing requires a remote trick, or comes region free out of the box. Thanks!