Region Free Blu-ray Players (World Wide List)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Post models/tips here for multi-region players.

Models for Purchase in the US

OPPO BDP-103-Link -requires kit to make region free.

SONY BDP-S1100 Link

Models for Purchase in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a program called RipBot264 and it allows me to choose a compression and quality settings and subtitles and crop levels. I choose the best quality which is 16 and I don't choose mp4 because you can't have DTS or subs attached to the file, with MKV you can. The only drawback to RipBot264 is it only allows you a single audio and video track. If you want multiple audio and video tracks you should go with a software called MakeMKV.

It all depends on the original compression of the mt2s file. I guess a two hour movie somewhere in the range of 9-16GB. Something like Lord of the Rings is like 26GB. You need to have massive amounts of storage. I have a Drobo 5N that's maxed out at 20TB.

Does everyone LOVE their Orei BDP-M2? How does the 3D movies look on it? Would you use it on your movie room as a primary player for 3D? I can get one for $130 and debating it over the LG 3D Blu-ray Region A player I just got for $89. I also have a PS4, which obviously can't do 3D, but can still be used as my primary Region A Blu-ray player.

3D looks fine. ICE AGE 4 3D from germany was the first movie I actually watched in the player, and It looked just as good as the PS3.

I think it's well worth 130$ as now you don't need to worry about region coding, especially in this type of market.

Reactions: watchtower41
I'm going to wait before I pull the trigger on a region free Oppo.

I'm waiting for DSD, DSF,DSDIFF(Double-rate to octuple-rate) and DXD full compatibility. And HDMI 2.0

Something tells me I'll be waiting quite a while.

Love my non-region-free Oppo BDP-83, but would love to have a region-free player. But, I'm also interested in ripping movies for streaming. The posts in here are very helpful, so thank you!

i own a seiki region free player but the remote really sucks, you almost have to face the control right in front of it to work other than that works like a charm

Reactions: Scott7
Any UK ninjas know where I can buy a multi region blu ray player? I thought Richer Sounds used to sell them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that myself about a year ago when I wanted a region-free Blu-ray player. At the time all I could find was Multiregion Magic. I did post in this thread a few pages back.

I don't know about recommending, but I've just got an LG BP620 3D Blu-ray Player from Multiregion Magic and so far I've very happy with it. I paid them a visit and they seem to know what their talking about.

I´we been trying to find one from Finland but no luck :(

Guess ill have to get one from amazon UK (they are little bit on the expensive side though)

I need a cheap as possible but still good region free player that plays 3d discs. Like everyone. I want to spend under $150 but the cheaper the better.