Reservoir Dogs (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Exclusive #17) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: March 23, 2018 (Pre-order Feb 23, 2018 at 10 PM Korea Time, UTC+9)
Purchase link: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - 1/4 Slip - One Click
Prices: $35.99 (Full Slip A & B) - $36.99 (Lenticular) - $32.99 (1/4 Slip) - $129.99 (One Click)
Notes: 700 copies (Full Slip A & B & Lenti) - 400 copies (1/4 Slip) - 500 copies (One Click)
One Click gift: Original production notes 52p and original poster.

A.jpg B.jpg LENTI.jpg Q.jpg 1.jpg
21125739_1039958482774590_3438561149648474145_o.jpg
21199690_1037912676312504_9071263193043043219_o.jpg
21083040_10213029637509470_7846853052262769595_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried to put this on a SCF2 but it was to small for it and then i tried the SCF4 and its too big, for now i left it on the 4 til i figure it out..............any tips?

i tried to put this on a SCF2 but it was to small for it and then i tried the SCF4 and its too big, for now i left it on the 4 til i figure it out..............any tips?

Its better to have it bigger than tighter as you can damage it. I don't use SCF2 anymore, only SCF4.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tono06
thanks! there is nothing in between at the moment right?

No that’s right, next one is SCF8 for the thicker HDZeta’s slips. I use that one also for the bigger thicker Blufans such as Star Wars double Lentis. Next up is the FAC XL slips!

Next one up in code is SCF3 which is for the O-Rings and the skinny Kimchi steels.

You would think Nova made all slips the same size and kept with its consistency. For example JW1 fitted in SCF2 but the sequel JW2 was too tall and needed the SCF4.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tono06
i tried to put this on a SCF2 but it was to small for it and then i tried the SCF4 and its too big, for now i left it on the 4 til i figure it out

thanks! there is nothing in between at the moment right?

Annoying, right? It's the same with Manta Lab slips. In regards to thickness they fit SCF2s like a glove, but when it comes to the height, they're just two millimeters too tall and therefore can't be closed.

You would think Nova made all slips the same size and kept with its consistency. For example JW1 fitted in SCF2 but the sequel JW2 was too tall and needed the SCF4.

I'd still like to know why they decided they needed to change the measurements. Even though the height difference is only marginal, it clearly shows when the slips are placed next to each other. Not to mention how "lost" a slip like John Wick 2 or Reservoir Dogs looks inside a SCF4.

I wouldn't mind a new protector slip from Steelbookcentral which is suited to house those slips with a greater height.

Annoying, right? It's the same with Manta Lab slips. In regards to thickness they fit SCF2s like a glove, but when it comes to the height, they're just two millimeters too tall and therefore can't be closed.

I'd still like to know why they decided they needed to change the measurements. Even though the height difference is only marginal, it clearly shows when the slips are placed next to each other. Not to mention how "lost" a slip like John Wick 2 or Reservoir Dogs looks inside a SCF4.

I wouldn't mind a new protector slip from Steelbookcentral which is suited to house those slips with a greater height.
A couple of weeks ago I had a message exchange with Matthew of steelbookcentral, exactly about these size issues. He said he will introduce new sizes for better fit of newer releases, if he gets enough demand. Just be vocal about your needs (maybe not in this particular topic), he will follow. But the ultimate problem is premium makers themselves. Even the same publisher tends to make slips higher.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Just received my Lenti today, so so so happy don't think I'll be opening it to keep all the Tarantino's sealed together. SCF4 seems to fit alright for me?
Edit: I had to open it, the sticker on the plastic wrap covering Tarantino's billing above his characters head had me all OCD

Last edited:
Received my lenti yesterday but didn't open it til today. Since when has NovaMedia put the booklet outside the steelbook. They made the lenti a slipcase and the booklet is now the same size as the full slip ones. I used to order the lentis so the booklet would be inside, giving the steel itself some extra premium weight and then I'd just chuck the lenti lol. Guess I didn't notice it in the pics. :rolleyes:

Received my lenti yesterday.

Overall its a nice edition, was a nice surprise that the lenti had abit of 3D movement as well as the flip flop effect.

The steel is nice but the front looks abit bland, if the characters as well as the Hitler were embossed I think it would've made it perfect

Overall its a nice edition, was a nice surprise that the lenti had abit of 3D movement as well as the flip flop effect.

The steel is nice but the front looks abit bland, if the characters as well as the Hitler were embossed I think it would've made it perfect

Wtf hitler ? EEK!o_O i guess text correction? :D

• Thanks
Reactions: harry

I’m thinking you meant the word title instead of Hitler!:D

• Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig
The Lenti box is great, very happy with it but once again I find disappointment in another Reservoir Dogs steelbook. Why can’t anyone get this right.
First up it looks closer to grey that white, which I was not expecting. Why do they insist on including Chris Penn in a suit, which he never wore in the film? Never understood it and it always annoys me. I think I would rather just see the four main characters, it’s not like Mr Blue has been included either.

Rant over, probably the best edition so far but still room for improvement, I hope Pulp is done better.

giphy.gif

LOL!

Came back on here to see I had 3 replies to my comment in the notifications, was thinking I haven't even said something controversial... turns I did lol.

It was meant to say 'title'..not Hitler lol. Quickly punching in a message before the end of lunch break and auto correct don't mix clearly lol