Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 11th, 2016
Purchase link: Resident Evil: Apocalypse (live)
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in for this but where is the first movie? Front is ok, not sure about the back though, hoping it looks good in hands, already own the other two UK Resident Evil steelbooks, don't think I'll buy them again.

I have the movies already, I don't mind the series, Milla Jovovich makes a good Alice, not that good after the first four, could have stopped it after that but still one movie to go for the series, hopefully it finishes strongly next year.

I think the first movie is still owned by Pathe in the UK.

It's been released in a complete box set with the others, but it's still got the Pathe logo on the disc whereas the others have Sony on them.

Reactions: Ronnie3067

It's been released in a complete box set with the others, but it's still got the Pathe logo on the disc whereas the others have Sony on them.

Yes your right I wrote in the other Resident Evil too the same thing about the first movie, I remember the spine looked different to the other movies, was looking at my Amaray cases.

I'd love a Silent Hill Steel.
There may not be a steelbook but there is a perfectly acceptable and nicely atmospheric futurepak/metalpak which was released about a year-and-a-half ago.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live to pre-order later today at 6pm . . . and before I forget "Two cheers for the inside artwork".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These could look quite nice in a gloss finish with embossed/de-bossed titles, if that's what we're getting, and not so nice in a matte finish with flat titles.
What's with the getting stabbed in the head by the "y" bit ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the weapon pictured inside: Apparently it's a Mossberg 590 "Compact Cruiser" 12 bore (gauge) shotgun and unless shotgun tech has come on in leaps and bounds since I used one there's no way that a shotgun, particularly a large bore such as the 12, (which has quite a kick!) can be controlled well enough to be accurate using only one hand . . .
Looks cool, though, and a well-recognised image, thanks to Arnie in the "Terminator" films for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: jitstark
Seems to be quite a few Milla Jovovich steels being released lately... Fifth Element, Ultraviolet, and now these. Not that I'm complaining or anything. :D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
Why use a color scheme that has nothing to do with the movie? I don't like it, I've always been a fan of the posters and ads where they used a lot of blue for the movie.

d unless shotgun tech has come on in leaps and bounds since I used one there's no way that a shotgun, particularly a large bore such as the 12, (which has quite a kick!) can be controlled well enough to be accurate using only one hand . . .
Looks cool, though, .

Lol it's just an action film.
If half the rubbish they do in mindless guilty pleasure over the top crappy action films are realistic and uncool then they would get pretty boring (although some films go well over ridicolous at times)

Why use a color scheme that has nothing to do with the movie? I don't like it, I've always been a fan of the posters and ads where they used a lot of blue for the movie.

The colour reminds me too much of the third film.

I remember the posters for this having a blue theme (like the first was red and the third was this sandy colour etc)

I only like the first two films in this series but as much as this is kind of watchable I do really cringe at apocalypse, it/he's done so badly and looks awful and the film is still a bit sh*t in places.

I also think the back art is terrible

Last edited:
Regarding the weapon pictured inside: Apparently it's a Mossberg 590 "Compact Cruiser" 12 bore (gauge) shotgun and unless shotgun tech has come on in leaps and bounds since I used one there's no way that a shotgun, particularly a large bore such as the 12, (which has quite a kick!) can be controlled well enough to be accurate using only one hand . . .

I'm no RE expert, but isn't Alice a cloned/genetically-engineered super soldier that slays thousands of Umbrella Corp. flunkies/zombie dogs/ugly zombie brutes/other super soldiers? Given that fact, is it that implausible that she can use a shotgun one-handed...

I'm no RE expert, but isn't Alice a cloned/genetically-engineered super soldier that slays thousands of Umbrella Corp. flunkies/zombie dogs/ugly zombie brutes/other super soldiers? Given that fact, is it that implausible that she can use a shotgun one-handed...
Well, there you go - I didn't know that and thought she was just a security type person but having only seen the very first film in the series a good while ago maybe I'd just forgotten she was super-human.
EDIT: Just checked the oracle and, yes, I see what you mean, and I quote "She arms herself with a shotgun and wanders around the city looking for supplies. She is constantly disturbed by a man who keeps showing up in visions, who was revealed to be experimenting on her; she now has superhuman agility and strength."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever the merits or otherwise of these films they were all big box office with this one alone making over $129M on a budget of $45M with worldwide grosses for the first five films of almost a billion dollars and holding the record as the most successful films based on videogames.
Positive reviews included:-
"It's a fun kind of stupid" The Oregonian
"When Milla finally starts kicking zombiefied ass it becomes good enough" AV Club
"Anderson's screenplay provides a steady series of inventive action situations, and the director, Alexander Witt, makes the most of them. His work is fast, funny, smart and highly satisfying in terms of visceral impact" New York Times
Most quotable "anti" quote goes to Roger Ebert with "Parents: if you encounter teenagers who say they liked this movie, do not let them date your children".

Last edited:

:rofl: also the moment she randomly starts using Jedi force powers makes the semantics of handling a shotgun slightly irrelevant :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just noticed this is live now

I do find it weird zavvi have removed all release dates from all pre orders.
Been like it a few days.
Wonder what their new game plan is!!

Reactions: meaner
Just preordered, I'm a huge resident evil fan and liked the first 3, although they could of been better, especially if Romero had made them. But retribution and the other one, can't remember what it was called it was that bad, they will not be bought by me. Guilty pleasure for the first 3, but I will hold my hands up, they could of been a LOT better!
ZAVWELL54 works on this for the 10% off. Click the link in the steel book price drop thread for it to work though

Reactions: mkdfan
Very happy with my own personal 1-4 collection made from the original USA release for pt.1 :cool:

...could only ever be tempted by an official 1-4 collection which tops it :cat:

(german collections dont count cuz they suck ass & have nasty german text :p ....and that super rare azn one is just parts 1-3 and too damm expensive lol :p:p )

This is my favorite out of the series. The walmart release is also the worst one out of the rest regarding the art. This is a no brainer.Milla looks her best physically in this one too.
The PCM audio track is reference quality. Valentine is introduced in this one and she also looks her best here lol.The art BTW is superb!

IMO she looks best in the original movie, followed by the most recent (Retribution) ....agree about Valentine tho :naughty:

Ordered it the other day, can't get the discount working on this one, used all the usual methods.

EDIT: Just got the code to work for 10% off.

Well, there you go - I didn't know that and thought she was just a security type person but having only seen the very first film in the series a good while ago maybe I'd just forgotten she was super-human.
EDIT: Just checked the oracle and, yes, I see what you mean, and I quote "She arms herself with a shotgun and wanders around the city looking for supplies. She is constantly disturbed by a man who keeps showing up in visions, who was revealed to be experimenting on her; she now has superhuman agility and strength."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever the merits or otherwise of these films they were all big box office with this one alone making over $129M on a budget of $45M with worldwide grosses for the first five films of almost a billion dollars and holding the record as the most successful films based on videogames.
Positive reviews included:-
"It's a fun kind of stupid" The Oregonian
"When Milla finally starts kicking zombiefied ass it becomes good enough" AV Club
"Anderson's screenplay provides a steady series of inventive action situations, and the director, Alexander Witt, makes the most of them. His work is fast, funny, smart and highly satisfying in terms of visceral impact" New York Times
Most quotable "anti" quote goes to Roger Ebert with "Parents: if you encounter teenagers who say they liked this movie, do not let them date your children".
I don't think I've ever managed to read an entire post you make. Too long and what's with the lines of dashed separating all the paragraphs?

I don't think I've ever managed to read an entire post you make. Too long and what's with the lines of dashed separating all the paragraphs?

That's not very polite.

I can understand the issue regarding the dashes, but if a post is long because it's informative, such as the one you quoted then it's a worthwhile read. Virkia can't be accountable for your short attention span.

Sooooo why not release a steel version of the 1-4 collection, if a deal for that sku between the different copyright holders already exists in the UK? :pompus: ...why zavvi gotta do random RE movies by themselves without the other parts? :facepalm:

...same $hit with Blade as well *snicker* :smuggrin:

Sooooo why not release a steel version of the 1-4 collection, if a deal for that sku between the different copyright holders already exists in the UK? :pompus: ...why zavvi gotta do random RE movies by themselves without the other parts? :facepalm:

...same $hit with Blade as well *snicker* :smuggrin:

I guess because a new deal would need to be struck.

Maybe one or other side wants too much money, simply isn't interested of hasn't been asked. There's no real benefit to Sony when they can just release their own RE's individually without bothering with Pathe's title.

It's a common issue on home video in the UK with many non-existent sets simply because different rights holders own different sequels. We have steelbooks for Night of the Living Dead (StudioCanal) and Day of the Dead (Arrow) but no Dawn of the Dead, A Steelbook for Westworld (MGM) but not Futureworld (Optimum) and, as you mentioned no Blade (WB) but Blade II and Blade Trinity (EiV) and so on...