Robocop (2014) - In theaters February 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
With Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L. Jackson & Gary Oldman

Trailer 2:
[media=youtube]xPLSpmAtc1Q[/media]

Trailer 1:

Attachments

• 829328429.jpg
    829328429.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 252
  • robocopster-small.jpg
    robocopster-small.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 351
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited by a moderator:
That teaser poster is quite smart but nothing will beat the original uk quad poster (which I'm lucky enough to own :naughty: )

What do guys think?

It kind of looks like a black Iron Man suit minus the helmet. Heard that Robocop will wear more than one suit of armour in this film. If thats the case that will be ok for a 'prototype' suit. If thats the only suit he wears then I'm not feeling it at all.

So instead of a robot with a clinically dead cops brain in his body we get a good Darth Vader. I am a little worried now.

+1 to the person who mentioned Protoype. That or there was this PS2 game Zone of the Enders where the main character was injured and was placed in a suit that had to be connected to his mech for him to live.

I dunno If I'll buy that for a dollar yet...

Reactions: ocielz
It kind of looks like a black Iron Man suit minus the helmet. Heard that Robocop will wear more than one suit of armour in this film. If thats the case that will be ok for a 'prototype' suit. If thats the only suit he wears then I'm not feeling it at all.

That's what i heard too, depends on the situation and what Armor/Suit he'll wear.

Dead dead dead against this remake!

Why oh why oh why oh why couldn't Peter Weller and Verhoeven just go and make a proper sequel?!

Not digging that suit. But if it's true about other suits in the film, I'll reserve my final judgement until I see them.

Not sure about the remake either. First Total Recall and Dredd, and and now this? I wonder what's next? Back to the Future?

What I don't get about this new suit is why is it that his entire body's protected except his right hand? It just looks weird.

That looks like it is between sets, I would withold judgment for the moment on the suit

Looks more like a superhero in a rubber suit! I think the original looks so much better.

I agree, but with post shoot editing they could potentially do anything. I mean just look at Andy Sorkin (?) Gollum and Ceaser as well as Iron Man. Gotta wait until a trailer to see how they are going to do it. i mean I am wary but I want to see the execution not a random photo.

That looks like it is between sets, I would withold judgment for the moment on the suit

That's what I'm hoping. Probably a smoke break.

This costume does look pretty rubbery, though. I hope it looks better in action because it looks like s#it right now.