Robocop (2014) - In theaters February 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
With Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L. Jackson & Gary Oldman

Trailer 2:
[media=youtube]xPLSpmAtc1Q[/media]

Trailer 1:

Attachments

• 829328429.jpg
    829328429.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 253
  • robocopster-small.jpg
    robocopster-small.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 352
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed to be PG-13!!!!!!!!!!

Well F you Robocop remake, you're gonna suck even harder now!'

This really sucks, PG-13 :angry:

Make it Rated R :shoot: :D

I wonder if the failure of Dredd had anything to do with that decision.

Bit harsh, might turn out really good.

Here's hoping! :cool:

Harsh but fair IMO

Robocop is a film that doesn't need remaking

The only good thing that can come of this, is they release a new Blu-Ray of the original with a new transfer and new special features

I bought the trilogy last week. If a remastered Robocop comes out I'll be pissed but glad at the same time. I really wanted the new Robocop to be Rated R but it seems as if the target market of any Big Hollywood film these days is teenagers and children.

After seeing the trailer

I thoroughly agree with this. I was thinking that the entire time.

I was trying to remain neutral, but the human hand part was enough to lose all hope lol

In the original they were like oh we can save the hand, and the guy was like nope remove it. I mean it seems they are trying to make him more human but meh, at least if he didn't lose the limbs but they gave him a metal body around those parts so he was fully robotic when armored I could get behind it.

Also whats the point of just having a hand just floating out there. It's just waiting to be shot off.

But those ed209's are pretty cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drum18
Looks absolutely terrible IMO. Loses the grittiness of the original, the suit looks shocking, waaaaay too much cgi and whilst the action looks ok you just know it'll be toned down for a PG-13 rated audience.

I'll go and watch it as it won't cost me, but I just hope the original gets a cinema re-release and then a good restoration job on BD

Reactions: Steelknight47
That would be nice, I'd definitely be up for a re-release of the original.

I have to admit, I'm quite fond of Robocop 2 also, would like to see that get better treatment on Blu Ray.

Reactions: cooey
unrated directors cut. And since he has his actual left hand in the trailer you know a certain scene with a shotgun is not in this movie.

My money is on OCP orchestrated his car exploding (from the trailer) that puts him in that condition so they could use him as a test subject.

Also I did not notice Gary Oldman at all unless I am missing somehting. I did see Keaton and Jackson though