Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 10th , 2017
Purchase link: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (live)
Price: £24.99
Note: This steelbook displays the title on the spine.

C5S979bXAAA7T-s.jpg 02.jpg
03.jpg

11387240-1464445146360545.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they only released the Force Awakens Digipack to include the 3D.

As this steelbook already has it I can't see them re-releasing it with just a few new features. Couldn't imagine that selling very well among the regular consumers.

Depends if Rogue One already has an audio commentary and I hope it does. Star Wars audio commentaries tend to be quite big draws with fans, I'm still tempted to get the 3D Digipack for the commentary.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: goufcustom
I take it back, this looks amazing

Does look a bit better than the mock up but still not happy with the choice of art

Vid unboxing of the Aussie version

@paulboland @BluSteel2012 check around 4:18 of that video. Looks like everything is debossed to me

I'm really not sure what the confusion was in this thread, that photo from the other day was a clearly debossed title. And it had no border so it was 100% deboss.

Think Paul was just confusing people in honesty

Interesting that Australia's is spine and front title. Wonder what other countries will follows and it's good news for future Disney films in other regions

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
Does look a bit better than the mock up but still not happy with the choice of art

I'm really not sure what the confusion was in this thread, that photo from the other day was a clearly debossed title. And it had no border so it was 100% deboss.

Think Paul was just confusing people in honesty

Interesting that Australia's is spine and front title. Wonder what other countries will follows and it's good news for future Disney films in other regions
This looks amazing, considering the artwork chosen***
;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
This looks amazing, considering the artwork chosen***
;)

I agree that considering the crappy art used its turned out better due to the finish, title, debossing and the blue/ ocean green (whatever the **** you call it) colour looking better

Might consider this one again once I see more pics.

Also I'm not sure if I was aware but I've just noticed this has 3D! (lol maybe I already knew that but forgot) unlike the force awakens which too nearly a year to get the 3D out after home release

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
The Canadian release is embossed as can be seen from the picture............. It's as clear as day. Looks like there are 2 versions then.
This is what I was talking about, but apparently it's DEBOSSED (even though the whole lot is raised up-I thought a debossed effect was sunken down in the steelbook :confused: )

Still looking meh to me. The DVD artwork lools better. The Aussie Steelbook doesn't include the 3D disc but it is priced higher than the UK release.
Agree. I still think it's a horribly designed steelbook given all the fantastic material they had to work with (Blufans will BLOW this away!) I think some are getting a bit carried away by the video no matter what type of finish the steelbook has! :p

I'm still keeping my order though as I got it for around €26 with a discount code and I won't need to double dip for the 3D disc.......

Reactions: lgans316
Agree. I still think it's a horribly designed steelbook given all the fantastic material they had to work with (Blufans will BLOW this away!) I think some are getting a bit carried away by the video no matter what type of finish the steelbook has! :p

I'm still keeping my order though as I got it for around €26 with a discount code and I won't need to double dip for the 3D disc.......

If you ordered the UK Steel for 26, you can easily offload it now for 46 and use the additional funds to buy the Blufans release lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
This is what I was talking about, but apparently it's DEBOSSED (even though the whole lot is raised up-I thought a debossed effect was sunken down in the steelbook :confused: )

It is, the Australian version is Debossed but the Canadian version is embossed. Although the border looks embossed too which is strange.