Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 10th , 2017
Purchase link: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (live)
Price: £24.99
Note: This steelbook displays the title on the spine.

C5S979bXAAA7T-s.jpg 02.jpg
03.jpg

11387240-1464445146360545.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do embossing in small areas within a small border
Not every steelbook has to have a full border frame around the steelbook
I get that Paul.

That's fine if the sides of the rectangle are joined up. But in this case there is no defined rectangle as it's open at the bottom is it not?

Plus the actual borders of the rectangle are embossed.....

I get that Paul.

That's fine if the sides of the rectangle are joined up. But in this case there is no defined rectangle as it's open at the bottom is it not?

Plus the actual borders of the rectangle are embossed.....
You deboss an area of the steelbook first to create a border and then within that you do the embossing

Look close at the image it has a debossed area to create the border frame and embossed within that border
You can do embossing just outside the debossed area when it's close to the border

Screenshot (69).png

You deboss an area of the steelbook first to create a border and then within that you do the embossing

Look close at the image it has a debossed area to create the border frame and embossed within that border
You can do embossing just outside the debossed area when it's close to the border

View attachment 303734
So what's the difference between embossing and debossing then? This looks like an embossed title :confused:

So what's the difference between embossing and debossing then? This looks like an embossed title :confused:
All borders frames are debossed area to create the border frame and then you can do embossing within that area
That's how you get a embossed title
The frame area is debossed into steelbook and then you emboss the a title within that area
The border frame can be a circle or small area does not have to be a full border frame around the steelbook
Look at some of the disney steelbooks that have no full border frame but have embossed title or embossed images

All you need is a border frame which is actually a deboosed area and then you can do embossing within that frame

Debossed title is into steelbook without a frame

All borders frames are debossed area to create the border frame and then you can do embossing within that area
That's how you get a embossed title
The frame area is debossed into steelbook and then you emboss the a title within that area
The border frame can be a circle or small area does not have to be a full border frame around the steelbook
Look at some of the disney steelbooks that have no full border frame but have embossed title or embossed images

All you need is a border frame which is actually a deboosed area and then you can do embossing within that frame

Debossed title is into steelbook without a frame
Well either way it looks good! :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I originally thought it looked embossed too, but thanks to @paulboland's closeup shot I can now clearly see that it's debossed.

But anyway... just over a week to go! Cannot wait to rewatch this. :D

Title is embossed going by the photo of the steelbook
It has a border frame and title is embossed within that border and just outside the border

All borders frames are debossed areas that's how you get a steelbook with title embossed
You create a sunken area to create the border frame which can be a circle or rectangle or square area
You just need an area that is sunken into the steelbook to raise within that area
That is what a border frame is for so you can raise against the backround

An embossed pattern is raised against the background
Debossed pattern is sunken into the surface of the material (but might protrude somewhat on the reverse, back side).

All steelbooks that have a border is a debossed area and then you use that area to do embossing

A debossed title would be sunken into a steelbook with no border

You can do a mix of embossing and debossing without a border frame most of it is debossed though
Example star wars force awakens steelbook best buy is a debossed title but the outline of the title is slightly raised giving you a feel of embossed

Damn thing is like that "blue or gold?" dress photo... my eyes keep switching between seeing embossing and then debossing. :wacky:

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
Damn thing is like that "blue or gold?" dress photo... my eyes keep switching between seeing embossing and then debossing. :wacky:
New name "DEMBOSSING", meaning both embossing and debossing ! In, out, shake it all about !

Nobody's going to tell me with a straight face that the front title on the U.S. and the other one is the same.

Live image of the U.S. steelbook clearly shows a DE-bossed title:-
upload_2017-4-2_15-25-59.png

This steelbook image, wherever it came from, appears to show a different treatment to the one above and looks to me Embossed (or at least 90% of it):-
upload_2017-4-2_16-0-17.png

Embossed or de-bossed - in truth no matter which - plus a spine title = the icing on the cake when compared to what other territories are getting.

My favourite steelbook with both embossing and de-bossing remains LAST ACTION HERO.

For a better look at The Americas steelbook (Brazil in this case) and its front title there are these images in the SPOILER . . . after looking at them again I'm thinking that there could be differences between the two steelbooks re the front title:-
THE AMERICAS - De-bossed rectangular frame around the title and the "ROGUE ONE", the "A" and the "STORY" bits . . . with embossed "STAR WARS".
THE ZAVVI - Embossed frame and print except for the "A" and "STORY" which both appear to be de-bossed.
Not possible to check the open inside image for confirmation one way or the other due to the resolution.

N.B. All comments based solely on images sourced from here and there and until my copy arrives in a week or so are hypothetical.
iIi
V

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: neo
Nobody's going to tell me with a straight face that the front title on the U.S. and the other one is the same.

Live image of the U.S. steelbook clearly shows a DE-bossed title:-
View attachment 304017

This steelbook image, wherever it came from, shows a different treatment to the one above and looks to me to be EMbossed-
View attachment 304021
Embossed or de-bossed - in truth no matter which - plus a spine title = the icing on the cake when compared to what other territories are getting.

@zavvi you need to put us out of our misery and tell us which treatment the UK version is getting ..................

• Thanks
Reactions: martinouchou
Have moved house recently, updated my address on my zavvi account so recent orders have been fine and dandy..... But any pre-orders placed prior to moving (such as Rogue One) are still posted to the old address.
@zavvi, shouldn't ALL orders be updated with my current address?

I think they allow us to can change billing address but not shipping address on pre-orders.

It's been a long-standing problem with Zavvi. Why they won't let you update shipping details (or credit card ones either) is beyond me.

I get all my items posted to work as I'm still likely to be working there no matter how far ahead the preorder is. I've got a few things ordered with them though that come out after my card details will expire, that means I'll have to wait for the inevitable email asking me to update my payment method on each and every item.

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
Has there been any news if Rogue One will be getting a digipack collector's edition later in the year like The Force Awakens did with exclusive bonus features etc? I originally bought The Force Awakens steelbook but sold it after I bought the digipack CE, so if they'll do a similar thing with Rogue One I'll just skip the steelbook completely.

Has there been any news if Rogue One will be getting a digipack collector's edition later in the year like The Force Awakens did with exclusive bonus features etc? I originally bought The Force Awakens steelbook but sold it after I bought the digipack CE, so if they'll do a similar thing with Rogue One I'll just skip the steelbook completely.
I think they only released the Force Awakens Digipack to include the 3D.

As this steelbook already has it I can't see them re-releasing it with just a few new features. Couldn't imagine that selling very well among the regular consumers.