Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #41) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: Late December, 2017
Group Buy: One Click - One Click (deposit) - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Group Buy Prices:
One Click - $205, DL - $70.99, SL - $67.99, FS - $64.99
Note: Glossy and embossed finish on the steelbook
Double lenticular
-3D+2D+bonus BD
-44 page booklet
-Exclusive Storm Trooper collector's card
Single lenticular
-3D+2D
-triple lenticular effects
-8 art cards
-Exclusive Death Trooper collector's card
Full slip
-3D+2D
-embossed
-4 IMAX poster cards
-Exclusive K-2SO collector's card
One Click

-all three editions plus fold out poster

RogueOneBlufansDoublelenti.jpgBlufansRogueOneSinglelenti.jpgRogueOneFullSlip.jpgBlufansRogueOneOneClick.jpg

Old info with live pictures of steelbook -
Thank you to member @pbtour4il for these live shots
dsc_1643-jpg.329268

dsc_1647-jpg.329280

dsc_1644-jpg.329269
dsc_1649-jpg.329283

IMG_3819.JPG
135831z5s98i3s8sh5iz5g.jpg
rogue-one-jpg.304288

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
After Rogue One, I think I'm done with blufans. My last 3 lenti's have had awful finishes on, with tens, if not hundreds of scratches. Most of these are only noticeable after opening.

At least the steels have arrived mint, which is the main thing. But paying over £55 for a lenti and only really getting a steel in good condition, it's a waste for me now. Maybe I'll go back to getting 1/4 slips off them, but I'm definitely done with the lentis if it doesn't turn up mint or at least an 8/10 condition.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
After Rogue One, I think I'm done with blufans. My last 3 lenti's have had awful finishes on, with tens, if not hundreds of scratches. Most of these are only noticeable after opening.

At least the steels have arrived mint, which is the main thing. But paying over £55 for a lenti and only really getting a steel in good condition, it's a waste for me now. Maybe I'll go back to getting 1/4 slips off them, but I'm definitely done with the lentis if it doesn't turn up mint or at least an 8/10 condition.
I think the length of time we'e had to wait for this as well, if it arived damaged it would feel even worse. Even if it is not damaged, having to wait so long is a real pain. From 2016 to 2018?

It’s still funny to me how awful the Darth Vader suit looks in Rogue One. xD

I get they’re trying to perfectly replicate what the suit looked like in ‘77 Star Wars but... WHO thought that that would be a good idea...? Like, did someone say-

“No, lets not model it after the Empire suit that was made when we actually had a budget and could make things pretty and give them working lights- let’s make it look like a piece of garbage from a low-budget 70’s Film. And make sure to get those see-through red lens’ instead of the reflective black ones. That way people can see the suit actor’s eyes”.

I get they’re trying to perfectly replicate what the suit looked like in ‘77 Star Wars but... WHO thought that that would be a good idea...? Like, did someone say-

“No, lets not model it after the Empire suit that was made when we actually had a budget and could make things pretty and give them working lights- let’s make it look like a piece of garbage from a low-budget 70’s Film. And make sure to get those see-through red lens’ instead of the reflective black ones. That way people can see the suit actor’s eyes”.

It's all about consistency and nostalgia mate ;) So it IS necessary to use the ANH version, not the ESB version.
And just by the way, I think you are the first one I know who actually thinks that ANH suit looks awful :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: RMA and YellowCake
I think we can all agree Blu fans should get their steels sold in the countries removing the delivery price fees or regions like the U.K. should have their own Blufans like line which delivers the same high quality packages with amazing artwork

I don’t see why Zavvi or HMV hasn’t done this. “Well people usually seem disappointed with the World Wide artwork so let’s wait and commission our own”

I don’t see why Zavvi or HMV hasn’t done this. “Well people usually seem disappointed with the World Wide artwork so let’s wait and commission our own”

HMV (Hateful 8, Drive etc.....) and Zavvi (where do I begin......Midnight Special, Marvel lenticulars, Disney animated etc....) already release their own WEA they're just not premium editions.

HMV (Hateful 8, Drive etc.....) and Zavvi (where do I begin......Midnight Special, Marvel lenticulars, Disney animated etc....) already release their own WEA they're just not premium editions.

Well yeah that’s what I’m talking about. Editions full of goodies, signed, numbered etc

Plus the finishes on the steelbooks are never the best

I think we can all agree Blu fans should get their steels sold in the countries removing the delivery price fees or regions like the U.K. should have their own Blufans like line which delivers the same high quality packages with amazing artwork

Blufans can't sell these at retail in other Countries for several reasons. First of all their distribution license for the films is in China so they can't legally sell these at retail elsewhere in the world. Secondly, I'm pretty sure Zavvi has the UK distribution rights for Marvel steelbooks in the UK, MCU ones anyway. Thirdly where do they manufacture and put these together? China? If you're shopping them from China just to sell here then they'd have to incorporate that into their pricing and really, whats the difference between that a hub based group buy anyway?

If you're talking about a company trying to put a premium editions like Blufans based in the UK then Everything blu is a prime example and their go at it has been shambolic to say the least. The market is over saturated already.. Off the top of my head there is HDZeta, blufans, filmarena, novamedia, Manta Lab, Kimchidvd, Everythingblu and that's before you get to the more basic yet exclusive retailers like Zavvi, Best buy etc.

Blufans can't sell these at retail in other Countries for several reasons. First of all their distribution license for the films is in China so they can't legally sell these at retail elsewhere in the world. Secondly, I'm pretty sure Zavvi has the UK distribution rights for Marvel steelbooks in the UK, MCU ones anyway. Thirdly where do they manufacture and put these together? China? If you're shopping them from China just to sell here then they'd have to incorporate that into their pricing and really, whats the difference between that a hub based group buy anyway?

If you're talking about a company trying to put a premium editions like Blufans based in the UK then Everything blu is a prime example and their go at it has been shambolic to say the least. The market is over saturated already.. Off the top of my head there is PLAIN ARCHIVE!!!!,HDZeta, blufans, filmarena, novamedia, Manta Lab, Kimchidvd, Everythingblu and that's before you get to the more basic yet exclusive retailers like Zavvi, Best buy etc.

:p:cool:

It's all about consistency and nostalgia mate ;) So it IS necessary to use the ANH version, not the ESB version.
And just by the way, I think you are the first one I know who actually thinks that ANH suit looks awful :LOL:

It just looks like the low budget version of the suit made in Empire. The Vader suit is fantastically designed- but really cheaply made in Star Wars ‘77. That’s all. When I think of Vader- I usually think of the shiny- jet black one with working lights, extra detail, and an expensive looking finish.

The Darth Vader suit needs to have the same continuity as the ANH-version of the Star Destroyer. Nothing wrong with that.

It just looks weird seeing something as cheaply made as the original Vader suit in 4K. Do you think they kept the accuracy of the original Vader suit by putting smudges on the helmet, giving the chest piece non-working lights, and making it all look like cheap plastic? :p

I would’ve preferred if the Vader suit just looked like the fancy expensive suit that he had in a Empire. Continuity be damned.

To be honest, the only thing which really bothered me about his suit was the strange overlap from his mask at his neck/chest area:

vaderrogueone.jpg

Then again, I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan, so I wouldn't notice most of differences in the suit(s) in the first place. Maybe the red eyes, but that's about it.