Rogue One : A Star Wars Story - In theaters December 16, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Gareth Edwards

Cast: Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Donnie Yen, Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker

Plot: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is the first film in the new series of standalone Star Wars movies from Lucasfilm. It tells the story of how a group of unlikely heroes unite to undertake a daring and seemingly impossible mission to steal the plans for the Death Star.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qjiskwlV1qQzRCjpV0cL9pEMF9a.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDB:

Original announcement:
In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Gareth Edwards blazed into the filmmaking forefront with his acclaimed work on Monsters, a film he wrote, directed and served on as cinematographer and visual effects artist. The skill and vision readily apparent in Monsters earned him the high-profile spot directing this year's smash hit Godzilla.

"Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life - join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited & honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm, said Edwards.

Gary Whittas screenwriting credits include 2010s The Book of Eli starring Denzel Washington. He is also well known as a journalist and editor in the video game industry, as well as part of the BAFTA award-winning team on Telltale Games adaptation of The Walking Dead.

Whitta states, "From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth,is literally a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself."
ROGUE1_LOGO_V3_FIN_08-06-15_0.jpg
rogue.jpg

Last edited:
Hate to be thick but what's the plot hole that's been hinted at a few times here. I wasn't aware of any! Use spoiler please if you want to reply. Don't want to annoy any fans out there who don't want to know.
Must admit... this had me wondering too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Nice one dude! You're certainly starting the new year off with a great movie. :D

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Enjoy buddy! :thumbs:

Have fun @bloodsnake007 :thumbs:and let me know your review :naughty:
"I am one with the force, the force is with me" :notworthy: F**K YEAH! :woot: I absolutely LOVED this film! The pace, the scenery, the characters... WOW! And that ending :OMG::OMG::OMG: EPIC! Now I can't wait to go crazy with the upcoming bluray editions! :cool: From Monsters to Godzilla to this, definitely looking forward to Gareth's next film! :hungry:

20170101_204824.jpg 20170101_174042.jpg 20170101_200836.jpg

popcorn2.gif

"I am one with the force, the force is with me" :notworthy: F**K YEAH! :woot: I absolutely LOVED this film! The pace, the scenery, the characters... WOW! And that ending :OMG::OMG::OMG: EPIC! Now I can't wait to go crazy with the upcoming bluray editions! :cool: From Monsters to Godzilla to this, definitely looking forward to Gareth's next film! :hungry:

View attachment 284404 View attachment 284402 View attachment 284403

popcorn2.gif
So glad you enjoyed it! :happy:

I've already ordered the Art of Rogue One book and am dying to see the film again... will probably have to wait for the Blu-ray release though. :(

So glad you enjoyed it! :happy:

I've already ordered the Art of Rogue One book and am dying to see the film again... will probably have to wait for the Blu-ray release though. :(
SWEET! :cool: I'm also considering getting the Art book :drool: I've also added the CD soundtrack and Jyn/K-S20 Funko Pops to my ebay watch list! :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I decided to go see this again so I could objectively review it without fanboying a new Star Wars release. I think my expectations are just too low because of the prequels, granted I really enjoyed the force awakens even after my exvaluation of the film abated after multiple viewings. There were a lot of problems with this movie and I found this video that hits the nail on the head of why this movie suffered.

I know many of you may think "wow, your review of this changed dramatically" and you're right.

This could have been a great movie but it was more of just mailed in fan service and which I was a victim of falling for.

I decided to go see this again so I could objectively review it without fanboying a new Star Wars release. I think my expectations are just too low because of the prequels, granted I really enjoyed the force awakens even after my exvaluation of the film abated after multiple viewings. There were a lot of problems with this movie and I found this video that hits the nail on the head of why this movie suffered.

I know many of you may think "wow, your review of this changed dramatically" and you're right.

This could have been a great movie but it was more of just mailed in fan service and which I was a victim of falling for.

Yawn...... I don't think she would like any movie.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Finally got to see this last night

Thought it was good but I'm not sure, maybe it was bigged up too much to me

Some great scenes and awesome nods to the original like the "I don't like you" guy
Made me chuckle,

Robot was cool but he got a bit annoying after a while and yen was awesome but also under used. Same for forest

Need to see it again to make my mind up.

Think I prefer force awakens at the moment but it could change on a second viewing

Behind the Magic: Recreating Tarkin

Incredible! I thought they did an excellent job with the CGI Tarkin... can't believe so many people hated on it. My dad even leaned over to me whilst we were watching it at the cinema and said "I thought Peter Cushing died years ago", as he thought it was really him.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Incredible! I thought they did an excellent job with the CGI Tarkin... can't believe so many people hated on it. My dad even leaned over to me whilst we were watching it at the cinema and said "I thought Peter Cushing died years ago", as he thought it was really him.
I agree :thumbs: And that's awesome about your dad! :hilarious: :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Behind the Magic: Recreating Tarkin

Even if I truly knew that the actor died several years ago, I could truly see the great work done there. IMO, it wouldn't have worked if they would have tried to NOT include his character as he is pivotal to the story reaching ANH.

Great work and haters will hate... whatever the tremendous work it had to be done to recreate such a charismatic performance of Grand Moff Tarkin!

Saw this late but did really enjoy it.

I did, I really enjoyed it, really like the many new characters and beautiful scenery. However was bit stunned that like by the end practically
everyone is dead I understand the reasoning that these people obviously weren't in the next film but still was bit gutted the main characters all gone, I would have love to see them develop more.
I honestly really enjoyed it but for me it was missing a tiny amount of Star Wars feeling about it, I got it sometimes and not others. I know a lot of people didn't like TFA and anyone who did isn't a worth reviewer lol but I preferred
TFA, this just didn't have the warm feeling I got from TFA, Jyn was good but she wasn't anywhere good a character or acted as Rey in TFA. I loved K-S20. It's a good film but had a few issues for me maybe it's my fault I'm such a huge Star Wars fan maybe I just put it so high up before I'd even seen it and I maybe was just expecting a tiny bit more.
P.S. Having seen all the many different figures etc of C2-B5, where is it? Lol