Saint Maud (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Aug 3, 2020
Release date: February 1, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

12709576-1674812169229115.jpg

12709576-1984812169282713.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A24 is the studio behind distribution for this in the US, StudioCanal in the UK. The production company was Film4Productions.

Ah I didn’t realise A24 had distribution rights in the US. It’s a tad misleading because A24 didn’t finance the film.
it’s like if StudioCanal over here said a Similar thing when really they are only distributing it

Film4 and A24 are literally my 2 favourite production companies anyway but in this instance A24 had nothing to do with the film

Reactions: Billy Talent
Sounds to me like they're trying to tie it in with Ari Asters success..... This is usually never a good thing if you need other films to promote yours.

Which is why I'd like to see it first.

Just realised, I'm unable to order this even if I wanted to. This is currently only available for RC members?

@jasong I take it you used the old U.S. site glitch to order.....?

Sounds to me like they're trying to tie it in with Ari Asters success..... This is usually never a good thing if you need other films to promote yours.

Which is why I'd like to see it first.

Tbh, a lot of film posters usually say that, especially if it’s a not very well known indie horror film or not part of the saw franchise.

What I don’t like Is the “From the studio that brought you Midsommar, Hereditary, The Witch“ because A24 literally have nothing to do with the making of this film apart from distribution rights in the US. I’m Not sure why they have phrased it like that. However, it’s getting incredible reviews and has done since the start of the year. For big horror fans this has been at the top of a lot of lists for wanting to see it and for seeing it. It might Not be my cup of tea when I eventually see it but I’ve been looking forward to it for a very long time

Well i dont really understand your point since A24 buys most of their films from festivals and handles all the branding so its not really different from the majority of their catalog

Not all of them from my understanding. The ones they have bought like you mentioned from festivals aren’t true A24 films in that sense. Since they have got bigger they have produced more films recently. But they still acquire the rights to other films like this for distribution. Just like this isn’t a studiocanal film

Reactions: berns
Just to chime in & say that The Witch also wasn't an A24 film, only distrubuted by them, so there is some precedence in them doing this.
Same with Ex Machina. Same with First Cow. Same with The Last Black Man In San Francisco.
All distributed by but not actually produced by A24.

Its like anything really. There's a load of big movies that are not produced by by the companies that distribute them but are known as X distributor movies. Universal don't produce half the stuff they put out but they're still considering Universal movies.

Reactions: Flloydo
It’s a kind of more complex horror, thoughtful with some depth. It has some reflections of Midsommar in this way, but darker. Story focussed.

Just to chime in & say that The Witch also wasn't an A24 film, only distrubuted by them, so there is some precedence in them doing this.
Same with Ex Machina. Same with Waves. Same with The Last Black Man In San Francisco.
All distributed by but not actually produced by A24.

Waves was actually produced by them but your are correct about the rest

Waves was actually produced by them but your are correct about the rest

Yeah I misspoke on that one & changed it, was just trying to pick movies off the top of my head.
So while this isn't produced by A24, it could, technically speaking, still be classed as an A24 movie.

Reactions: Flloydo