Saint Maud (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Aug 3, 2020
Release date: February 1, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

12709576-1674812169229115.jpg

12709576-1984812169282713.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered this then cancelled prior to being charged and was going to order again when in-stock and use the discount code (aka @Flloydo style tactics ;)). Now I'm not so sure, the art is cool an all but I can see it looks a bit dull and streaky :bored::yawn: Imagine this with a full gloss finish like Drag Me To Hell for example, something to make those flames and warm colours pop a bit more at least anyway...

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
Mine unexpectedly arrived today too! The highlights (yellows of the flames) seems to have a nice reflective / glossy feel, but the rest is matte - am I right thinking that makes it a spot gloss finish? (Sorry I'm no expert!)
Pretty sure that’s not spot gloss. Just metallic sheen.
But that’s certainly a dent at the top of the back of the steel!

Reactions: Mickle_89
I pre-ordered this then cancelled prior to being charged and was going to order again when in-stock and use the discount code (aka @Flloydo style tactics ;)). Now I'm not so sure, the art is cool an all but I can see it looks a bit dull and streaky :bored::yawn: Imagine this with a full gloss finish like Drag Me To Hell for example, something to make those flames and warm colours pop a bit more at least anyway...

Yeah the finish is a real shame. Nice art though, I do like it.

Of course, it blows my mind that people don’t do the same half the time.

Reactions: Mickle_89
Lots of potential lost with this poor finish. Colors look very dull compared to their stock pictures.

• Wow
Reactions: Shark
I got mine today also. Have to agree; a little disappointing on the vibrancy front. Still quite like it though. A more solid print would have worked like someone else said. Obviously same as total recall would have been tremendous.

Reactions: Shark
I thought they had, but apparently not.

EDIT - Hmm ok, just tested it and REDDIT does still work for 12% off, so not sure what @yelin0318 was referring to.
They’ve only just reissued that then because it wasn’t working still up until Monday.
That was the last time i tried it anyway. So some time between Monday morning and this evening it’s been reissued

good to know. Cheers. Just checked and it’s definitely working

Reactions: Noodles
The rare actually doesn’t look better in hand release. Still pretty solid. Can’t wait to watch it.

received mine today with a nice extra present from the tax authorities in Belgium: + 34,08 euro (VAT and administration costs). Looks like ordering in the UK will be over, are there other EU citizens who had the same issue? Zavvi says it's my problem (of course), but I found this on their website:

BREXIT UPDATE​

zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.
For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.
For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you.

received mine today with a nice extra present from the tax authorities in Belgium: + 34,08 euro (VAT and administration costs). Looks like ordering in the UK will be over, are there other EU citizens who had the same issue? Zavvi says it's my problem (of course), but I found this on their website:

BREXIT UPDATE​

zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.
For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.
For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you.
Your Zavvi orders were ALWAYS subject to import fees. (That's what those yellow stickers on your package are explaining) You were just lucky to get away with it up to now, but the EU are clamping down on it this year.

So technically Zavvi are right. Nothing has changed on their end...

• Informative
Reactions: wouter
Don't know what Zavvi are saying about no cost for you with items shipped from UK.

I thought their items were shipped from Guernsey (which is not classed as UK)?