Saint Maud (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Aug 3, 2020
Release date: February 1, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

12709576-1674812169229115.jpg

12709576-1984812169282713.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally only like 2 of those films you mentioned and really disliked the others, so I guess this will be hit or miss for me then.

I kinda meant that they have certain fans but they are all kind of slow burners too except maybe hereditary. They have a special place in certain psychological horror fans hearts. But, yeah your probably right. I’d still check it out though, it’s only like 80 mins long

Yeah man fully agree. Was right up my street. Defo won’t be everyone’s cup of tea though like you said. Similar to the witch, lighthouse, hereditary, midsommar, under the skin etc where it will have certain fans whilst others would find them boring. Films I always love haha
Agreed, and what a selection :)

Reactions: Flloydo
Finally saw this last night, really enjoyed it, freaky and mysterious and felt like the film was having fun, it's unfortunate this didn't get the cinema release it deserved, would've liked to see how this would've landed with a larger viewer base.
I can see how for some if you're not invested/immersed in the film enough, at by the end of act two it could feel a little slow or disappointing, but it sounds like something most people on this forum will enjoy.
Not sure if I'll watch it again yet so gonna see how long it sticks or if it demands another watch before going for the steel.

Reactions: jasong
Ever since I saw The Exorcist as a kid I cannot watch movies with demons in them. I would have to "watch" this one with a blindfold.
The scene is very well done and easily the best part of the film. The main actors seem wasted in a terrible script that doesn’t lead anywhere. Fantastic photography and locations but one to watch on netflix before buying. I like the steelbook. I personally hate jump scare movies and cgi monsters so glad there’s none of that but this could have been more.

• Thanks
Reactions: nafosb
I literally only like 2 of those films you mentioned and really disliked the others, so I guess this will be hit or miss for me then.
Same. I only liked Under The Skin, Hereditary and Midsommar.

The other two are absolutely garbage! One isn't even a horror film.

The scene is very well done and easily the best part of the film. The main actors seem wasted in a terrible script that doesn’t lead anywhere. Fantastic photography and locations but one to watch on netflix before buying. I like the steelbook. I personally hate jump scare movies and cgi monsters so glad there’s none of that but this could have been more.

Saint Maud is on netflix?
Not where I am from

Here in Finland we won't have to pay handling fee if we do customs declaring ourselves. Like I did today for Amazon US order. Easy Peasy.
For items delivered by post (Finland Post at our end) there's now an additional 2.90 EUR handling fee to be paid at Posti's site after paying the import VAT using the customs' online system. The goods won't be released before that handling fee has been paid.

If there's no VAT to be paid (item value is 22 EUR or less), then the handling fee isn't charged, either.

More information is available here.

For items delivered by post (Finland Post at our end) there's now an additional 2.90 EUR handling fee to be paid at Posti's site after paying the import VAT using the customs' online system. The goods won't be released before that handling fee has been paid.

If there's no VAT to be paid (item value is 22 EUR or less), then the handling fee isn't charged, either.

More information is available here.
in Portugal items delivered by normal post (CTT - portuguese Post) they steal us with a fixed fee of 12 euros per order, in addition to the 23% VAT...
Finland is probably a poor country and we (Portugal) are rich .(That's what our government think...)

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Talent
in Portugal items delivered by normal post (CTT - portuguese Post) they steal us with a fixed fee of 12 euros per order, in addition to the 23% VAT...
Finland is probably a poor country and we (Portugal) are rich .(That's what our government think...)
We had a good run of 10 years using the customs' online system for processing incoming shipments - no fees at all (obviously we had to pay VAT when applicable).

Any new additional import fees sting at first, but it seems ours is still reasonably modest. Of course now that it's in place, it will likely be subject to yearly increases :LOL:

No I’m saying save your money and wait for it to come on Netflix. Just think most will be disappointed if they buy it full price.
Movies like that is always a risky blind buy. However, I don’t see this steelbook staying in stock for a long time. This was only released in UK, so you will have people buying it from around the world. And this steelbook is clearly a more attractive version than an amaray while not being too expensive. Only problem is a region code issue, which is a shame.
The movie got quite a bit of hype and critical acclaim, I would expect lots of people and horror lovers will blind buy a physical copy.

Movies like that is always a risky blind buy. However, I don’t see this steelbook staying in stock for a long time. This was only released in UK, so you will have people buying it from around the world. And this steelbook is clearly a more attractive version than an amaray while not being too expensive. Only problem is a region code issue, which is a shame.
The movie got quite a bit of hype and critical acclaim, I would expect lots of people and horror lovers will blind buy a physical copy.
Yes I completely agree. It’s not a bad movie, just overrated in my opinion. I’m keeping my steelbook. Think it’s pretty unusual. I might re watch at some point but just thought I’d make people aware before they buy. If you’re after the steelbook go for it before it sells out but there are better movies. like You said might become sought after.

Reactions: Maksym
As far as I'm aware. it's just been released in the UK full stop.

This hasn't been released on BD in any other country to date.

Reactions: Maksym
As far as I'm aware. it's just been released in the UK full stop.

This hasn't been released on BD in any other country to date.
Exactly. That’s why I highly doubt this steelbook will last in stock. Honestly, I’m surprised it’s not sold out yet. The design is great, finish could be better.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
any idea where I could get this for a reasonable price? I was waiting for it to go down in price a bit, so I dont have to pay customs for a delivery to germany and now it's sold out.

any idea where I could get this for a reasonable price? I was waiting for it to go down in price a bit, so I dont have to pay customs for a delivery to germany and now it's sold out.
Seeing as it's currently only available on BD alone in the UK let alone a steelbook release, I'd get a copy sooner rather than later as this looks like it could become very expensive down the line.

Probably eBay your only bet now. Maybe get the seller to mark it as gift....?

I don't want to make it worse for you, but this one slipped through German customs easily since the total price was only 22€ with a code :naughty: