Sanborns - Steelbook Retailer Thread [Mexico]

Feel free to discuss anything related to packaging, shipping and service here.

image.jpg

http://www.sanborns.com.mx/Paginas/Inicio.aspx?usgr=normal

How to set up account

Last edited by a moderator:
So I contacted Sanborns a couple of weeks back about a damaged steelbook I received. It took about a week of emails back and forth (it seems they can be a lil slow responding to emails at times). I did send them pictures of the damage, you have to email the pictures directly as they said they cant access links on their network.

Eventually they said I can keep the damaged one and they will send me a replacement but they wanted me to agree to pay any taxes (which I then confirmed with them to mean Import Fees, which for this steelbook there are none). I didn't have to pay any postage for the replacement.

I received the replacement today, which was in a slightly bigger box with lots of packing peanuts, the steelbook was wrapped in bubble wrap and had card placed on top of it. I will open the steelbook when I get home from work and report back, and I will also post a few pics of the packaging.

So what I have learnt is just keep emailing Sanborns if you get a damaged item, they usually respond in a day or so but until you get a resolution just keep emailing them.

I ordered a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes steel from Sanborns. When i check the Orders section in my account, it shows the order number, the day I ordered, the total, and Status: Shopping Cart.
I don't see anything showing 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes steelbook' in my order. Is that normal for them? I paid through paypal and it looks like the payment was successful. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I ordered a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes steel from Sanborns. When i check the Orders section in my account, it shows the order number, the day I ordered, the total, and Status: Shopping Cart.
I don't see anything showing 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes steelbook' in my order. Is that normal for them? I paid through paypal and it looks like the payment was successful. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I ordered Edge Of Tomorrow, paying through PayPal, and that is exactly how my order was displayed. I received the item no problem.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: darczap and travid
I ordered a Plant of the Apes and it arrived with a dent on the corner. What email can I contact them at and how do they work with replacements? Great price and service but they shouldn't have shipped the steel with damage as it didn't happen in transit.

I ordered a Plant of the Apes and it arrived with a dent on the corner. What email can I contact them at and how do they work with replacements? Great price and service but they shouldn't have shipped the steel with damage as it didn't happen in transit.
When I had a damaged SteelBook I emailed [email protected] and as I have no Spanish whatsoever I used Google translate. It took a few emails over about 10 days but I got a refund and allowed to keep it in the end.

Also this:
So I contacted Sanborns a couple of weeks back about a damaged steelbook I received. It took about a week of emails back and forth (it seems they can be a lil slow responding to emails at times). I did send them pictures of the damage, you have to email the pictures directly as they said they cant access links on their network.
Eventually they said I can keep the damaged one and they will send me a replacement but they wanted me to agree to pay any taxes (which I then confirmed with them to mean Import Fees, which for this steelbook there are none). I didn't have to pay any postage for the replacement.
I received the replacement today, which was in a slightly bigger box with lots of packing peanuts, the steelbook was wrapped in bubble wrap and had card placed on top of it. I will open the steelbook when I get home from work and report back, and I will also post a few pics of the packaging.
So what I have learnt is just keep emailing Sanborns if you get a damaged item, they usually respond in a day or so but until you get a resolution just keep emailing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: darczap
Would it be best to order steelbooks separately or all together? Im interested in the Godzilla and both Hobbit Steels. Would I have to pay customs? (im in the US)

Has anyone had problems trying to order off the site?

I click on PAYPAL and get "we are redirecting secure servers" then the page goes white and ... nothing. I've tried 3 times with no success so had to give up! :(
I'm still having issues trying to use PayPal, this what I get:
Sanborns PayPal.jpg

Anyone get any ideas/solutions? I've tried the usual - cleared cache, cookies, etc.
It happens on my laptop as well so it's not just my work PC.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I'm still having issues trying to use PayPal, this what I get:
View attachment 123123
Anyone get any ideas/solutions? I've tried the usual - cleared cache, cookies, etc.
It happens on my laptop as well so it's not just my work PC.
@Ronnie3067 I honestly thought I was the ONLY one with this fu**ing problem! :mad: And its been reoccurring for over 2 weeks!? :banghead: What the F**K! :angry:

@Buffalo MX Can you HELP us out? :thumbs: I've sent Sanborns an email and I've yet to receive an email! :rolleyes:

@Ronnie3067 I honestly thought I was the ONLY one with this fu**ing problem! :mad: And its been reoccurring for over 2 weeks!? :banghead: What the F**K! :angry:

@Buffalo MX Can you HELP us out? :thumbs: I've sent Sanborns an email and I've yet to receive an email! :rolleyes:
I've sent 2 emails with no response and have just about given up, it's obviously a problem with Sanborn connecting onto PayPal's servers in some way that then just leaves a blank page. If you check it out the page it has 0kb so there is no data on it.

If it hasn't been resolved soon then I'll just give up.

I've sent 2 emails with no response and have just about given up, it's obviously a problem with Sanborn connecting onto PayPal's servers in some way that then just leaves a blank page. If you check it out the page it has 0kb so there is no data on it.

If it hasn't been resolved soon then I'll just give up.
I feel the exact same way! :meh: :squint:

Reactions: Ronnie3067
Ok so I just placed an order, but on the paypal page my delivery country was automatically changed to "mexico". If I go under order details on their site it shows my correct address (Slovenia), but the paypal invoice shows Mexico. Should I be worried?

• Informative
Reactions: Buffalo MX
@Buffalo MX Gracias Amigo, but I've already sent them 2 messages and still NADA! :mad: I'm getting so DAMN desperate I'm about to ask YOU for help! ;) :woot: :p
Got this reply back from them:
Dear Customer
Please check again because the situation is from your bank directly .
We remain at your service

I've tested using IE10 in normal mode and I get to a blank screen. Try opening an InPrivate session, logon, go to the item...

Tried it buddy! Still no fu**ing SUCCESS! :mad: :angry: :punch: I give up! :rolleyes:
Same here tried this without any success so just going to forget it! Thanks for the help anyway @HUBMUSWELL, it was kind of you to take the time out to assist a fellow Ninja.

• Helpful Post