Sanborns - Steelbook Retailer Thread [Mexico]

Feel free to discuss anything related to packaging, shipping and service here.

image.jpg

http://www.sanborns.com.mx/Paginas/Inicio.aspx?usgr=normal

How to set up account

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this email from SANBORNS, what does it mean in "real" english ahah ?!

"Dear Costume

Thank you very much for your trust and preference in their choice of online shopping, we are pleased to get in touch with you, serve you this email to let you know that once your product shipped by us you will have to go with your custom Local taxes to liquidate the merchandise generated, otherwise can not release your order and will be left at the office.

For this situation there are no refunds on these orders.

No more for now and always at your service."

Got this email from SANBORNS, what does it mean in "real" english ahah ?!

"Dear Costume

Thank you very much for your trust and preference in their choice of online shopping, we are pleased to get in touch with you, serve you this email to let you know that once your product shipped by us you will have to go with your custom Local taxes to liquidate the merchandise generated, otherwise can not release your order and will be left at the office.

For this situation there are no refunds on these orders.

No more for now and always at your service."

Just got this email too :hilarious:

Sanborns give options? :D
Stick with order OR cancel order :naughty:

Got an answer to my email, and seriously, custom taxes for a 22 € order, postage paid, is that usual from them ?!

"Your order is not canceled, you simply go to the customs office of your country to pay taxes they request."

And so, you paid any custom taxes or not ?! I still have no tracking or any more infos for my order... :squint:

No custom tax for me :thumbs:

For info, my country (Malaysia) will 'tax' order/package IF total cost include shipping is MYR500/USD154/EUR110/MEX2003 & above. My order is below that (MEX1193). :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffalo MX
My advice for ordering from this site, is to register an account, but don't set up an address or payment card on it.

Then instead of adding things to your basket, always use the paypal button on the item page. Orders will still register against your site account, but the address and everything on the order will just be taken from paypal. Just make sure it's correct on the paypal page when completing your order.

I've placed 3 orders now with no problems. Pacific Rim Steelbook, MoS Steelbook, and The Dark Knight Rises Cowl Edition, all under £15 each delivered.

By the way, for anyone else in the UK, the customs limit this month is $329 MXN. That damn MoS logo tin is pennies over the limit.

I've ordered on the 2nd of may and its still not processed ...

Edit:

I've received the parcel today! Was surprised, because they didn't send any shipping notice email...

Sent to germany via DHL Express @ the 8th of May, arrived today, 12th May!

Last edited:
Second order arrived today. Dark knight rises Bat Cowl Edition.
Took 4 days to germany. Again no custom sticker. German Customs seem to be not interested in packages from mexico. Normally all packages from outside the European Union go through customs.
Top price, free shipping. Do I want more?
I hope for more special collectors editions there. Sanborn ordering is fun.

Reactions: Buffalo MX