Sanborns - Steelbook Retailer Thread [Mexico]

Feel free to discuss anything related to packaging, shipping and service here.

image.jpg

http://www.sanborns.com.mx/Paginas/Inicio.aspx?usgr=normal

How to set up account

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a shame sorry but I can believe the low level of commit of some companies in my country, if I can help you feel free to contact me.

Don't worry, it happens everywhere. ;)

Being only a few posts away from the magic 30, I might take a look at the trade forum. Maybe I can grab a copie for a reasonable price there.

I was thinking that the problem was the name did not exactly match the credit card due to the lack of a middle name but still waiting to hear back from sanborns before trying a second time.

I was thinking that the problem was the name did not exactly match the credit card due to the lack of a middle name but still waiting to hear back from sanborns before trying a second time.

They haven't replied to me and to other members here as well. I wouldn't count on them replying to be honest.

I will apprecite your help forwarding me the emails you got from sanborns, will send to them but first I will look for top manager.

I still haven't heard anything back either. So I've sent an emailing asking for them to close my account. Shame really I was really looking forward to receiving this one at such a good price. Some things are just to good to be true.

BluBlazer,

Again I'm very sorry to read your bad experience this people definitvely do not want to take care of its business

I ordered the awesome Avengers Digipack from them.

Youtube unboxing link:
Avengers Digipack - Mexico

They charged my card successfully. (I saw the charge on my account). But one month later, when I had no update of status, I reached out to them for status, and they replied that my order had been cancelled due to insufficient payment method. Then the charge disappeared from my account.

Oh, and btw... it took me over an hour to figure out how to stumble and bumble my way through their ordering process, all for naught. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Took about 5 or 6 days for them to ship my copy of Pacific Rim.

Speaking of which, I orrdered mine on the 12th and recieved it today. I was very impressed with the packaging (Kick Ass steelbook included for scale):

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Steelbook was bubble wrapped and boxed with packing peanuts, with that box placed into a shipping bag/packet, and that packet was put into the larger yellow box. The only concern is that this was clearly picked from a store shelf and had some tears in the shrink wrap. The steelbook itself is mint so I don't care, but others might.

Reactions: pokjak290
From FAQ :

# What time I receive my order?
Delivery time is 5-7 business days, after payment validation days

# Free Shipping:
Every Wednesday and Thursday enjoy the Free Shipping on all purchases, regardless of the amount or method of payment.
Please note that the cost of the shipping is FREE for purchases $ 650.00 or higher.

Do they ship to the UK? Because for some bizarre reason they give you the option to translate their site into English but when attempting to register they don't allow a postal code only a ZIP code which is problematic for all countries with post codes with over 5 characters!

Ordered the Pacific Rim steelbook & The Hobbit Unexpected Journey digibook yesterday from them, can't wait to get them, just hope I won't have customs taxes with such a low priced order, cuz a French guy got some taxes to pay for the Hobbit 2 boxset, due to DHL thing...

Reactions: travid
Ordered the Pacific Rim steelbook & The Hobbit Unexpected Journey digibook yesterday from them, can't wait to get them, just hope I won't have customs taxes with such a low priced order, cuz a French guy got some taxes to pay for the Hobbit 2 boxset, due to DHL thing...

:scat:

Any chance you could give us an idea of the total price, incl shipping please?

Thanks

Reactions: arvvaud