Scarface (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Scarface Blu-ray SteelBook - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019N94X6/?tag=hidefnin-20

EDIT - apsmith:
Source article:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/from-universal-studios-home-entertainment-the-pop-culture-phenomenon-that-redefined-the-gangster-genre-comes-to-blu-ray-for-the-first-time-ever-september-6-2011-118568804.html

Release date of September 6, 2011.

From official Press release:
Scarface Special Limited Edition Blu-ray™ comes with collectible SteelBook™ packaging, ten exclusive art cards, a digital copy of the film and a DVD of the original 1932 Scarface, making it a must-own addition to every film fan's library.
Blu-ray Disc
Two-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD)
Digital copy
Bonus View (PiP)
BD-Live
Mobile features

Official Hi-Def Ninja Video:

[media=youtube]2iTGWtwpu18[/media]&feature=g-user

It looks like there will also be a "humidor" special edition with the steelbook:

And, for the ultimate collector and cigar enthusiast, an elegantly hand-crafted Scarface-themed humidor will be made available in an exclusive, never-before-available, limited edition. Created by the renowned Daniel Marshall, the humidor's exterior is hand painted and polished with the Marshall's trademark "1,000 coat brilliant finish." The interior – made with untreated Spanish cedar – will properly condition and age approximately 100 cigars at optimal humidity levels. Limited to 1,000 worldwide, each individually numbered humidor comes embellished with custom medallions inspired by the iconic film and includes a certificate of authenticity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scarface

Got this one as well.

usscarface1.jpg

usscarface2.jpg

usscarface3.jpg

usscarface4z.jpg

usscarface5z.jpg

usscarface6z.jpg

usscarface7.jpg

Reactions: goufcustom
Got this one as well.

usscarface1.jpg

usscarface2.jpg

usscarface3.jpg

usscarface4z.jpg

usscarface5z.jpg

usscarface6z.jpg

usscarface7.jpg

Once again megabee comes through with outstanding pics of this very nice looking steelbook. The black background really brings out the red of the steelbook. Yes folks that is exactly what it looks like in person. Universal did a great job for a title worthy of this treatment.

I am so glad Best Buy has lowered the price on this albeit only online as this makes an outstanding steelbook available and affordable for the masses.

I couldn't resist at this price and went ahead and grab a few more for Christmas presents. How can it not be a runaway hit at any Christmas gift-exchange or company party? I just need to add the f-bombs per minute warning on the front :hilarious:

i've hopped on the SB collecting a little late, but this was my first steelbook. i think it is one of the better ones out there since it comes with swag and it is just a well done SB inside and out. hopefully, the decision makers will realize that it offers another level of appeal for steelbook versions in general, making it more marketable...and collectible.

...just my two pesos

Just grabbed myself one of these... much prettier in person then in the stock photos.

Couldn't agree more. I remember before it came out how I thought it would be 'meh' in person, but wow was I wrong. I especially love the rear and inside art, and that it is a glossy finish. This is one of my favorites in my collection. And the postcards are a really nice touch, as well. Would recommend this to everyone!

Now I'm curious how many Best Buy's received more copies of this. I picked it up for $4.99 today with Upgrade & Save. My BB stocked at least 4 copies this week. Hadn't seen it on shelves since January or February 2012 or so.

Now I'm curious how many Best Buy's received more copies of this. I picked it up for $4.99 today with Upgrade & Save. My BB stocked at least 4 copies this week. Hadn't seen it on shelves since January or February 2012 or so.

Only saw 1 at 2 of the stores I went to, but could not pass it up. When I picked it up I was expecting it to be mangled. It was mint. :LOL: