Scarface (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Scarface Blu-ray SteelBook - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019N94X6/?tag=hidefnin-20

EDIT - apsmith:
Source article:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/from-universal-studios-home-entertainment-the-pop-culture-phenomenon-that-redefined-the-gangster-genre-comes-to-blu-ray-for-the-first-time-ever-september-6-2011-118568804.html

Release date of September 6, 2011.

From official Press release:
Scarface Special Limited Edition Blu-ray™ comes with collectible SteelBook™ packaging, ten exclusive art cards, a digital copy of the film and a DVD of the original 1932 Scarface, making it a must-own addition to every film fan's library.
Blu-ray Disc
Two-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD)
Digital copy
Bonus View (PiP)
BD-Live
Mobile features

Official Hi-Def Ninja Video:

[media=youtube]2iTGWtwpu18[/media]&feature=g-user

It looks like there will also be a "humidor" special edition with the steelbook:

And, for the ultimate collector and cigar enthusiast, an elegantly hand-crafted Scarface-themed humidor will be made available in an exclusive, never-before-available, limited edition. Created by the renowned Daniel Marshall, the humidor's exterior is hand painted and polished with the Marshall's trademark "1,000 coat brilliant finish." The interior – made with untreated Spanish cedar – will properly condition and age approximately 100 cigars at optimal humidity levels. Limited to 1,000 worldwide, each individually numbered humidor comes embellished with custom medallions inspired by the iconic film and includes a certificate of authenticity.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got mine today from amazon, i almost had a hard attack when i saw a regular bubble envelope...to my luck the steel is in perfect conditions...why they don't package accordingly to the items they are shipping

This film looks amazing and sounds great. I'm very impressed with this release from packaging to extras to transfer. Thanks universal. I like Tony again (even though he hate colombians)

Yeah , I watched it last night haha.

i got mine today from amazon, i almost had a hard attack when i saw a regular bubble envelope...to my luck the steel is in perfect conditions...why they don't package accordingly to the items they are shipping

Me too! Perfect condition though!

Got mine yesterday :)

Scarface.jpg

Scarface2.jpg

Scarface3.jpg

Scarface4.jpg

this is not only an amazing Steelbook but an amazing movie as well!
a great pickup! I am happy I snagged this one!

This film looks amazing and sounds great. I'm very impressed with this release from packaging to extras to transfer. Thanks universal. I like Tony again (even though he hate colombians)

Totally agree. Just watched this today, and man, the sound is amazing! Great transfer on the picture too! One of the best releases to date. One of my top 5 favorite SBs. :scat:

Totally agree. Just watched this today, and man, the sound is amazing! Great transfer on the picture too! One of the best releases to date. One of my top 5 favorite SBs. :scat:

gotta agree with that!
I had never seen the movie all the way through until the SB arrived.
I am glad I waited to see this flic especially in HD with a killer SB!

Awesome steel. Too bad everybody and their brother has it now. I as at BBY today, and they still had like 20 copies on the shelf. And it looks like people can't give them away on Ebay.

Does anyone have sales numbers on the steelbook version. If it was an above average seller it would bode well for future steelbook releases in the US.

They made a TON of these, I can't disclose the actual # .. but that's why it may appear as to not "flying" off the shelf. This wont be rare, and won't be hard to find. All in all, its a beautiful steel tho, so I think anyone who wants Scarface on blu-ray should def buy this version as opposed to the upcoming amaray.