Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
All Blu-ray release have the
Theatrical version (110:56) 111 Min

The Directors Cut has only been released on DVD/Laserdisc in some countries

German Blu-ray listing has Uncut but as far as I know its still the Theatrical version

Last edited:
Awesome news.

I only have the Australian R4 DVD of this. What exactly was cut from the UK release??

I hope they release the trilogy seperately. (Already have the German part 4)

20 seconds
only was on US laserdisc or the German Special Edition DVD in 2005 by Kinowelt Home Entertainment.

The US LaserDisc version contains the director's cut with ca. 20 seconds of restored footage that was originally cut to avoid being slapped with the NC-17 by the MPAA. It also has commentary by director Wes Craven and writer Kevin Williamson. In the commentary, Craven notes five places where his cut differs from the theatrical release: •Steve's guts are shown pouring out of him as Casey looks on. In the released version, the very last few moments of this are shown.

•Casey hanging from the tree was time compressed in the film release (it is at normal speed here).
•When Tatum meets her death by garage door, her head is shown, very briefly being flattened.
•After Kenny the cameraman's throat is cut, he stares at the blood on his hand after touching his neck, and then looks up at the killer.
•Billy clearly loses control as he delivers his final cuts to Stuart.
•After Billy and Stuart have finished stabbing each other, there is a shot of Stu's hand dripping blood into a puddle, with Sydney's father looking on.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Info on the uncut DVD -

The single German SE release, for the anamorphic transfer, "Unrated Director´s Cut" version and extras.

Other releases:
The Korean 4-disc box set is overall very good with the Director's cut. It does however, miss out on a few extras on the first disc, so the German SE is still considered the best for part one.

The Japanese DVD also has the "Director's Cut" and is anamorphic. If you get the Japanese one, try to get the original release which has a couple more extras than the re-release.

The Scandinavian Region 2 has also nice extras, and is also the "Directors Cut", but it's non-anamorphic. Also note the Japanese DVDs menus are in Japanese and the Scandinavian DVDs menus are in English.

If it's the original "Theatrical Version" that you're after, go for the Australian CE release as it has an anamorphic transfer and a DTS soundtrack. Do note, the R1 Ultimate Scream Collection includes the best selection of extras, but the transfer for Scream is non-anamorphic.

General info about the Director's Cut:
The "Director's Cut" is 6 seconds longer then the "R-Rated Theatrical" version. It includes additional gore which Wes Craven had to cut out to achieve an R-Rating in the US. The scenes missing from the "R-Rated Theatrical" version are: (SPOILERS!)
- The close-up of Steve's intestines as they fall from his stomach.
- The camera speeding towards Casey as she hangs from the tree. In the uncut version, the camera goes towards her at normal speed, but the cut version is time compressed to give a rushed look. This is definitely the cut version as the camera rushes in in a very jerky and fast manner.
- Tatum's head being crushed by the garage door. From what I can see this is in the movie as I can see her head crush, but perhaps more is seen in the uncut version.
- Kenny looking up at the killer after his throat is cut.
- Billy going berserk as he stabs Stuart.
- After Billy and Stuart stab each other, the uncut version shows a shot of Stuart's hand dripping blood into a puddle.

Do note, that the commentary track on DVD makes reference to the cut footage, because the commentary was recorded for the "Director´s Cut" laserdisc.

No BD released so far features this cut and this BD included in this steelbook will be the same BD that is already out in the UK now

This looks good, I already own the amaray. Hoping for a high-res pic of Ghostface on the front and not the low res image they use on all the DVD boxsets.

I am not really interested in these, but I think a gloss finish would really allow the white mask to pop on these, if that's the art they go with....